E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Lutz Performance Presents Horsepower Freaks FMIC Installation on a 2009 BMW 135i!!

03-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #23
SlickShift
Major

Drives: '14 MX-5 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@LutzPerformance View Post
Thanks buddy! How've you been?
I've been good. Just really busy! I still find time to mod a little here and there. I'm looking at getting a little project car for the summer! Maybe an MX-5.
/Coral/Glacier
SlickShift is offline   United_States
      03-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #24
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
man i wish mine went that quickly, with trimming and test fitting it took about 2.5 hours plus my gasket on the passenger side stock intercooler was jacked and I had to get another one, and know I am not alone on the fact that the passenger side coupler is a b#@#h to get on even with grease, other than that I would have to agree with lutz performance getting the stocker off takes about 10 minutes, thats including getting the car on ramps, but WORTH EVERY SECOND!!!!!!!! HPF FTW, it is a great fmic and a must for people with tunes.
LOL...try 2.5 days...ended up trimming a good bit from inner bumper (135i Performance bumper) and yes the passenger side coupler is a pain in the butt, thought maybe I had done something wrong but you guys just vindicated me! I mentioned this to the guys at HPF but thought I would add it here, but I added a small washer to the two mounting torx bolts (the stock side mounting area) because it looks like over time that bolt and the metal slot on the FMIC may wear down....

Last edited by adrean8j; 03-26-2010 at 11:36 AM.
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
      03-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #25
Andrew@LutzPerformance

Drives: 1995 M3 GT35R

Send a message via AIM to Andrew@LutzPerformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
LOL...try 2.5 days...ended up trimming a good bit from inner bumper (135i Performance bumper) and yes the passenger side couple is a pain in the butt, thought maybe I had done something wrong but you guys just vindicated me! I mentioned this to the guys at HPF but thought I would add it here, but I added a small washer to the two mounting torx bolts (the stock side mounting area) because it looks like over time that bolt and the metal slot on the FMIC may wear down....
Thanks for your input! We and HPF are glad you were able to solve the issues you were having installing your HPF FMIC. Thanks again for your patients allowing us and HPF to help you best we could.
Andrew@LutzPerformance is offline   United_States