E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > RS5 - driven



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
rogerxp
Major General
 
rogerxp's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stockport, Cheshire

Posts: 5,901
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
RS5 - driven

I know this car has been discussed to death but this is the first actual 'driven' review I've seen for anyone that's interested...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...1fbc9f286b0579

Apologies if something like this has been posted before.
__________________
Current -: MW E92 M3 Competition Pack / Qashqai+2 Tekna 1.6dci
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
rogerxp is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
It does look great, 58k Is alot of Moolah though. Im not sure 444HP is enough with 4wd.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
TMP
Colonel
 
TMP's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

Read this review earlier as well, looks awesome.

Kinds of implies the steering still has a bit of the usual Audi lack of feel though...

Agree 58k money is a lot....GTR anyone?
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
TMP is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I'll wait till it comes under £500 on contract hire I think.
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Silver Shadow
Second Lieutenant
 
Silver Shadow's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325d M Sport LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lancashire

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

If there is one thing I miss about my previous car (an Audi) its the interior. The materials used are far superior and its a much nicer place to be in my opinion.

(With no rattles!!)
__________________
http://www.e90post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60056&dateline=126193  4242 LCI E90 M Sport Auto ~ Titanium Silver ~ Black Dakota ~ Rear Tints ~ Heated Seats ~ Folding Mirrors ~ Bluetooth ~ Goodyear F1's ~
Silver Shadow is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Used R8 V8 or RS5?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
Silver Shadow
Second Lieutenant
 
Silver Shadow's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325d M Sport LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lancashire

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

R8.... more special
__________________
http://www.e90post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60056&dateline=126193  4242 LCI E90 M Sport Auto ~ Titanium Silver ~ Black Dakota ~ Rear Tints ~ Heated Seats ~ Folding Mirrors ~ Bluetooth ~ Goodyear F1's ~
Silver Shadow is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm definitely warming to this car. As they say that all round ability in all conditions for everyday driving. Bet the engine sounds nice.

Torque figures aren't bad and spread across the rev range to a degree creating more flexible use of power. I reckon that car will cover some ground quickly!

Can defo vouch for the sports seats and quality of leather, well comfy and hug you very nicely.

As for the price. Starts at £57,480 tad pricey I agree. E92 M3 starts at £53,275, stick DCT on = £55,865 which the RS5 has dual clutch as standard (which I think is a mistake - offer a manual as well ffs!!), quattro system is £1,500 and the sport differential is standard on the RS5. Prices are not that disimilar when you look more closey.

BMW give the M3 idrive as standard, MMI is an extra. M3 gets 18" wheels as standard, RS5 19's and carbon fibre trim and so it goes on each manufacturer offering subtle differences in standard equipment.

Won't be buying a new one. Will wait for an ex-demo or similar.

Sounding good so far.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
How much do you expect to pay H?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #10
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hard one that Carl tbh.

Spec. one up and obviously the price rises. No real idea of how much an ex-demo would be up for then there's the haggling, trading marque for marque etc, etc. I reckon they may hold their price well.

They're supposed to be bringing out a manual which I would prefer.

Sounds daft maybe, but at the mo I'm really happy with the S5 it was well responsive today for some reason..........wonder if it's the tesco 99 ron I've put in last two fill ups. . Still waiting for it to use some oil - keep checking it or that could be because the Porsche Turbo used some oil as it is the norm for them.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I had read the S5 uses a little oil, same as RS4's etc. (Same engine lol)

Maybe your lucky. Do look tasty.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #12
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I had read the S5 uses a little oil, same as RS4's etc. (Same engine lol)

Maybe your lucky. Do look tasty.
Yeah I know, that's what the dealer told me as well and the manual states an acceptable useage. Got the oil just in case but buggered if I know. I expected it to have used some after UK9 all the hooning we did but no it hasn't........not complaining.

Jeez thanks Carl........oh you meant the car.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
Real Thing
Lieutenant
 
Real Thing's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + A45 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leicestershire

Posts: 575
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Hard one that Carl tbh.

Spec. one up and obviously the price rises. No real idea of how much an ex-demo would be up for then there's the haggling, trading marque for marque etc, etc. I reckon they may hold their price well.

They're supposed to be bringing out a manual which I would prefer.

Sounds daft maybe, but at the mo I'm really happy with the S5 it was well responsive today for some reason..........wonder if it's the tesco 99 ron I've put in last two fill ups. . Still waiting for it to use some oil - keep checking it or that could be because the Porsche Turbo used some oil as it is the norm for them.
I know where there'll be one for sale Helen
__________________
Real Thing is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
I know where there'll be one for sale Helen
Blimey Chris you haven't got it yet lol.

What sort of spec. are we talkin about?
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #15
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post

Lots of Jizz please Carl........
Anytime
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 03:33 AM   #16
TMP
Colonel
 
TMP's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
I'm definitely warming to this car. As they say that all round ability in all conditions for everyday driving. Bet the engine sounds nice.

Torque figures aren't bad and spread across the rev range to a degree creating more flexible use of power. I reckon that car will cover some ground quickly!

Can defo vouch for the sports seats and quality of leather, well comfy and hug you very nicely.

As for the price. Starts at £57,480 tad pricey I agree. E92 M3 starts at £53,275, stick DCT on = £55,865 which the RS5 has dual clutch as standard (which I think is a mistake - offer a manual as well ffs!!), quattro system is £1,500 and the sport differential is standard on the RS5. Prices are not that disimilar when you look more closey.

BMW give the M3 idrive as standard, MMI is an extra. M3 gets 18" wheels as standard, RS5 19's and carbon fibre trim and so it goes on each manufacturer offering subtle differences in standard equipment.

Won't be buying a new one. Will wait for an ex-demo or similar.

Sounding good so far.
Lol, your right Helen, spec the M3 and its around the same price I had £45k in my head for an M3, cos I wouldnt buy new etiher

So what colour would you go for....Black does look great on your S5?
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
TMP is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 03:46 AM   #17
red355
Captain
 
red355's Avatar
 
Drives: RS4 Avant V8
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: GB

Posts: 665
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I had read the S5 uses a little oil, same as RS4's etc. (Same engine lol)

Maybe your lucky. Do look tasty.
that's right to start with...the Rs5 is a new engine derived from the V10


i hope as a RS4 owner I'll get an invite to drive the RS5 when it come to the UK in Oct/Nov

buts going to be £60k+ on the road if you tick the sat nag box (which i see no reason to have built into a car, but for reason people NEED it)
__________________
RS4 Avant V8 Misano Red ¦ ¦
Golf GTI ¦ leather ¦

Past¦E92 335D Evolved (but still dull) ¦ Boxster S ¦ E46 328!SE ¦ E36 325! coupe ¦ E30 325! sport ¦ MINI Cooper S
red355 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #18
Andrew@DTUK
Banned
 
Andrew@DTUK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Valencia Orange 1M
Join Date: May 2009
Location: County Durham UK

Posts: 592
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to Andrew@DTUK
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
I'm definitely warming to this car. As they say that all round ability in all conditions for everyday driving. Bet the engine sounds nice.

Torque figures aren't bad and spread across the rev range to a degree creating more flexible use of power. I reckon that car will cover some ground quickly!

Can defo vouch for the sports seats and quality of leather, well comfy and hug you very nicely.

As for the price. Starts at £57,480 tad pricey I agree. E92 M3 starts at £53,275, stick DCT on = £55,865 which the RS5 has dual clutch as standard (which I think is a mistake - offer a manual as well ffs!!), quattro system is £1,500 and the sport differential is standard on the RS5. Prices are not that disimilar when you look more closey.

BMW give the M3 idrive as standard, MMI is an extra. M3 gets 18" wheels as standard, RS5 19's and carbon fibre trim and so it goes on each manufacturer offering subtle differences in standard equipment.

Won't be buying a new one. Will wait for an ex-demo or similar.

Sounding good so far.
Sounds like you and I have the same idea Helen

Its one car id chop the TTRS in for
Andrew@DTUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #19
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Lol, your right Helen, spec the M3 and its around the same price I had £45k in my head for an M3, cos I wouldnt buy new etiher

So what colour would you go for....Black does look great on your S5?
I'm not buying new again, I don't keep a car long enough.

Think I'd have a change from black tbh. They do a very nice space grey equivalent, would have to 'build my car' and see what it looks like approximately.

Shit, Tim just remembered something I haven't replied to OMG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@DTUK View Post
Sounds like you and I have the same idea Helen

Its one car id chop the TTRS in for
Nice one!

I'm still waiting to see another TTRS on the road, very nice motor Andrew.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
power sapping 4wd, sucks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST