E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > can someone try an AC test for me

04-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
waterchange
Rep

Drives: E90 2007 328i 4dr

can someone try an AC test for me

I have a 2007 328i 4dr (bought used a year ago). This winter I noticed that my windshield and foot vents were not blowing cold air when the temp is set to anything but 60 degrees. Once I set the temp to 60, something kicks in and cold air blows from both vents. With temp set at 61, very cold air should be blowing from those vents but it's not. The dash vents behave normally i.e. I get cold air out of them if the temp setting warrants. And at a given temp setting, if I choose all 3 vents, the dash vent will be blowing cold air but the other 2 wont.

I don't have a good enough memory to know if this is a new problem or if I never got cold air from the window/foot vents.

I brought this into BMW Seattle service and they couldn't find any problems. The did recharge the AC since it was a little low but that didn't fix the problem. Plus they said the other cars they tested behaved the same way so they think this is normal. This can't be normal behavior but I need some evidence before taking it back there. Anyone else with a 2007 328i 4dr here confirm AC behavior from window/foot vents? Should I try Bellevue BMW service?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0