E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Jlevi Streetworks Rear Lip.

02-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #23
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 AW 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
The 3m double side tape will hold just fine. I have put rear spoilers on my last 3 car with the 3M double sided tape and none has even remotely given any indication that it would come off. Secondly, my brother in law is in the auto body business( guess where I got the 3M tape). He told me this stuff hold like gag busters. Also since the spoiler you bought doesn't really extend very far out from the body, there will not be very much torque or leverage applied to the spoiler. Glue it if you want, but it is unnecessary.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I might just add a little glue just for some insurance. I will definately have to wait until it gets warmer over here to install it. Negative temps here right now. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #24
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLancaxX View Post
Cool. Thanks for the info. I might just add a little glue just for some insurance. I will definately have to wait until it gets warmer over here to install it. Negative temps here right now. lol
Spring is just around the corner. Perhaps there is a heated garage somewhere around the corner as well? BYW, I don't think that glue and 3M Tape are compatible.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #25
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
Spring is just around the corner. Perhaps there is a heated garage somewhere around the corner as well? BYW, I don't think that glue and 3M Tape are compatible.
Its going o be in the 40's this week! Whoooooohooooo! lol So looks like ill be firing up the heater in the garage and trying to install is if I get it back from the shop this week. My friend told me to drop it off tom so hopefully they can get it done by friday.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #26
montreal_bimmer
Major General
Italy
Rep

Drives: E90 AW

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
ye ye ye hook up some pics of the finished product.....

3m should be enough be the way
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #27
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The paint on the lip takes 4 weeks to cure so Im not going to be putting it on yet because its stupid. It would get full of salt here in chicago and scuff up like crazy.....It would look like crap because I cant wax it and the streets here in chicago have salt all over. I remember making this mistake with my other car...... I will put it on probably mid march once everything calms down.....Chicago winter = Big swirl marks........ But i will definately take some pictures once i get it back from paint and ill do a test fit for you guys with pics ill just tape it on so you can see how it will look.....

Also, looks like i wont be getting it back until next week......So ill keep you guys posted for sure.......
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #28
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just picked up the lip. Looks great and when i test fit it on the car it looks amazing. Ill take pictures laterrthis week once the snow goes away. .( we are getting 5+in. right now) Should be gone later this week tho since it will be in the 40's......Ill test fit again with pics for you guys.....Wont be installng this for atleast 30 days though.....so ill keep you guys posted.
Appreciate 0