E90Post

MaxcySpeed & Company

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Help Engine Malfunction Kepps Coming On?

05-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
BMOEW
Major

Drives: 2011 335is AW

Help Engine Malfunction Kepps Coming On?

Hi guys, I have a JB3 1.4 Beta i believe, VK downpipes Recently Installed with the v3 fix, DCI, and stett charge pipe with tial BOV.

Here is the story I was running Map 6 on 93 octane my rixter gauge is reading sometimes 19.6 psi sometimes 18s and woot and full throtle. I checked the engine Malfunction and it said Turbo air flow sensor that happened to me before as well before my dp install. My charge pipe sensor is broken on the side but it fits perfect and it comes a bit lose but not that much so i put tape around it to make sure. Can it be leaking? But if its leaking won't I lose Boost? Can it be the seal around the sensor that goes in the charge pipe or what else can it be? I dont have a BT tool but we have one at the shop and last time i checked that was a while back it was the sensor, but now i only get the Engine Malfunction not SES light... Am kind of confused any help would be appreciated and any thoughts. Btw i dropped down to map 5 and it ran 17.5 psi on full woot so i dunno if thats normal i thought it was 13-15 psi am gonna run stock tomorrow see if anything happens.
Thanks
BMOEW is offline   Lebanon
      05-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
OK one of a few things your boost is WAYYYYYYY to high for the mods and octane you have.

Secondly the sensor your talking about is the t map sensor right before throttle body? That's loose? So that is probably part of your problem.

That malfunction you are getting is either related to your t map sensor, or a boost leak or an overboost, if i were a betting man.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 05-06-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
      05-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
BMOEW
Major

yea that one but how cant it be so high if i have a boost leak?
      05-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 07335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOEW View Post
Hi guys, I have a JB3 1.4 Beta i believe, VK downpipes Recently Installed with the v3 fix, DCI, and stett charge pipe with tial BOV.

Here is the story I was running Map 6 on 93 octane my rixter gauge is reading sometimes 19.6 psi sometimes 18s and woot and full throtle. I checked the engine Malfunction and it said Turbo air flow sensor that happened to me before as well before my dp install. My charge pipe sensor is broken on the side but it fits perfect and it comes a bit lose but not that much so i put tape around it to make sure. Can it be leaking? But if its leaking won't I lose Boost? Can it be the seal around the sensor that goes in the charge pipe or what else can it be? I dont have a BT tool but we have one at the shop and last time i checked that was a while back it was the sensor, but now i only get the Engine Malfunction not SES light... Am kind of confused any help would be appreciated and any thoughts. Btw i dropped down to map 5 and it ran 17.5 psi on full woot so i dunno if thats normal i thought it was 13-15 psi am gonna run stock tomorrow see if anything happens.
Thanks
Not much to go on there to try to help you. Maybe you're looking at peak-recall values instead of sustained boost and nothing is wrong? Or maybe you have a bad TMAP sensor and have major problems? Shrug. Post up your BT scan or email it to BMS for suggestions. Also did you calibrate your boost gauge?

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
      05-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
BMOEW
Major

Yea sorry I did calibrate my boost gauge I had it for a while and I guess I am reading the peak boost and I do think it's my tmap I'll check for sure
      05-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
BMOEW
Major

Can it be due to my downpipes but won't that throw a ses not just an engine malfunction ??
      05-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
BMOEW
Major

My problem. Is not the boost gauge it's the engine malfunction I shut off the car start it I drive it not even 5 mins it comes back on
      05-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
BMOEW
Major

P0237 turbo super boost sensor a circuit low *