E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New v4 4-15 beta maps now publicly available

05-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #133
scalbert
Major General

Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guy,
To disable CANclear, just set o2 modifier to 0. At any other setting 1-100%, it is active along with the o2 modifier/sim. So if you need to run the o2 mod, you can do so just like always. But CANclear with work just in case you need it.

Shiv
I am assuming that the O2 moddifier is not doing anythign either when it is set to 0%? In other words, is the signal the same as it would be at 100%?
      05-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #134
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
I am assuming that the O2 moddifier is not doing anythign either when it is set to 0%? In other words, is the signal the same as it would be at 100%?
Oh yes... sorry I left out that bit. At 0% setting, neither the o2 modifier or the CANclear feature is funtional. If you wanted to use an external hardware-based o2 sim, you could do that.

Shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
      05-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #135
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLI View Post
Guys I'm still throwing codes 12543 and 12544. No check engine lights half engine lights car feels strong but when procede is connected on computer they appear under the code. List. I'm on newest firmware ten and maps
Got your email from this morning. It looks like those codes are being triggered by your VANOS problem. Underboost codes and 10887/10885 codes go hand in hand. And the VANOS code is not on the autoclear list. Which is why you saw it today.

Shiv
      05-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #136
scottp999
Brigadier General

Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
Oh yes... sorry I left out that bit. At 0% setting, neither the o2 modifier or the CANclear feature is funtional. If you wanted to use an external hardware-based o2 sim, you could do that.

Shiv
Confused. If I have hi-flow cats that can pass (odb2 port test) emissions without an o2 sim then I would just put 0% in?

What about people who are catless? Can you run the o2 modifier without CANclear? So that you get o2 rediness for an emissions test? Or are you saying those people must get an external hardware based o2 sim now, where before CANclear they did not need one to accomplish the emissions goal?
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
      05-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #137
jpsimon
Team Zissou

Drives: 2015 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Confused. If I have hi-flow cats that can pass (odb2 port test) emissions without an o2 sim then I would just put 0% in?

What about people who are catless? Can you run the o2 modifier without CANclear? So that you get o2 rediness for an emissions test? Or are you saying those people must get an external hardware based o2 sim now, where before CANclear they did not need one to accomplish the emissions goal?
if you have hi-flow cats set it to 0%. If you are catless you can either use the CANclear function and not think about it... or if you require readiness you can use the o2 modifier percentage.

having options is good

jpsimon is offline   United_States
      05-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #138
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:

What about people who are catless. Can you run the o2 modifier without CANclear? So that you get o2 rediness for an emissions test? Or are you saying, those people must get an external hardware based o2 sim now?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Nothing has changed. That is, you can still run the built-in o2 sim and achieve readiness for your emissions test. Just set the o2 mod value like usual. If readiness is not a day to day concern, you can also rely on the CANclear feature and leave the o2 modifier at 100%. We recommend doing this since there is no o2 sensor signal fiddling involved. We are in the process of getting the CANclear feature to be a fully viable alternative for those who just want their cars to run CEL free, absent of side effects typically associated with o2 sims.

Shiv
      05-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #139
scottp999
Brigadier General

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Nothing has changed. That is, you can still run the built-in o2 sim and achieve readiness for your emissions test. Just set the o2 mod value like usual. If readiness is not a day to day concern, you can also rely on the CANclear feature and leave the o2 modifier at 100%. We recommend doing this since there is no o2 sensor signal fiddling involved. We are in the process of getting the CANclear feature to be a fully viable alternative for those who just want their cars to run CEL free, absent of side effects typically associated with o2 sims.

Shiv
ok - I think the confusion came with post #131. If o2 modifier is on then you can get readiness even though CANclear is also active at the same time between >0% and <100%.

Very cool, maybe you could put a summary up on the map documentation thread, so the explanation will be centrally located?

o2 Modifiier User Adjustable:
Option 1: 0% = o2 modifier and CANclear off
Option 2: 100% = CANclear on and o2 modifier off
Option 3: >0% and <100% = o2 modifier on, and CANclear on. o2 readiness is achievable, but you must find the correct value for your car to not throw o2 related codes.

Sound good?
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
      05-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #140
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Quote:

o2 Modifiier User Adjustable:
0% = o2 modifier and CANclear off
100% = CANclear on o2 modifier off
>0% and <100% = o2 modifier on, and CANclear on. o2 readiness is achievable, but you must find the correct value for your car to not throw o2 related codes.

Sound good?
Bueno!

With the next user software version, we'll make new user adjustables for CANclear on/off. As well as new auto-tuning related entries. Right now, in the beta stage, we are making do with the old software.

Shiv
      05-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #141
R1000K3
Major

Drives: 335i MT

I have now installed O2 sims and the annoying half-engine-light problem a light loads completely disappeared. This can be lived with until solved and in total I’m very satisfied with the performance of V4.
R1000K3 is offline   United_States
      05-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #142
zke36
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '07 Montego 335

Quote:
Previously only available to private beta testers.....

Posted HERE!

Lots of new stuff:

-CANclear functionality
-More Intuitive User Torque Scaling
-Progressive methanol mapping
-Nitrous Control
-6AT Launch control
-Auto-Tune logging parameter

This also means a lot of documentation to read. If you don't want to do this or are a complete n00b to the wonderful world of Procede tuning (we were all there sometime!), stick with the 2-23 maps/firmware which are now non-Beta.

There is nothing wrong with waiting a bit until Auto-Tuning is fully functional. When it is, all you need to do is activate the feature and simply do a few 3rd gear runs and let the Procede dial everything in. So don't feel pressured to jump the gun. Unless you are already running methanol and need progressive meth mapping, of course.

Shiv
Why is launch control listed as a feature but haven't heard anything about it/theres no info on how to get it working

Porsche 935DP
'07 Montego E92 335i
BMS CAI - PROcede V4

zke36 is offline   United_States
      05-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #143
scottp999
Brigadier General

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zke36 View Post
Why is launch control listed as a feature but haven't heard anything about it/theres no info on how to get it working
He said it's there, but please don't use it at this time:

"6AT Launch Control:
Please don't use this feature just yet. We'd like to make a few more tweaks to it. Auto-tune feature related testing is more important at this time."

StartupJunkie is a special case since Shiv has worked closely with him in person.
      05-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #144
themyst
Major General

Drives: E90 335i LCI

Send a message via AIM to themyst
That autotuning map coming out today? We're at the end of the week.
      05-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #145
jpsimon
Team Zissou

Drives: 2015 STi

end of the week is technically tomorrow

jpsimon is offline   United_States