E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > luxrings2.0 error message



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #45
Chesmu
Brigadier General
Chesmu's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
3,013
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X6
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix,AZ

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Chesmu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
Sorry, I have a sedan with Xenons
wait for GB #2 for Lux 2.0
__________________
"Teach the ignorant. Ignore the stupid."
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #46
mds82
Major General
mds82's Avatar
128
Rep
5,858
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
If your interested in t pre-order list for LUX 2 PM me if you havent already
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #47
ctgazer
Major General
ctgazer's Avatar
Canada
172
Rep
7,952
Posts

 
Drives: a dilapidated ride
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: canada eh!

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to ctgazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82 View Post
If your interested in t pre-order list for LUX 2 PM me if you havent already
are these going to be around 6500k again? if you got some diff ones, i'd be interested again
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #48
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
134
Rep
11,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
how is it compared to the lux1 in terms of solidness of the halos?
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #49
Chesmu
Brigadier General
Chesmu's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
3,013
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X6
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix,AZ

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Chesmu
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
how is it compared to the lux1 in terms of solidness of the halos?
presumably the same, but of course, lux 2.0 hasn't been around as long for actual "Beta-testing" to occur.
__________________
"Teach the ignorant. Ignore the stupid."
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #50
mds82
Major General
mds82's Avatar
128
Rep
5,858
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu View Post
presumably the same, but of course, lux 2.0 hasn't been around as long for actual "Beta-testing" to occur.

beta-testing??? They are the exact same design as lux 1 first off so there is no testing needed. there was a minor design change to make them fit better, but the LED's were the biggest upgrade. these almost twice as bright as LUX 1, so there is almost no comparison. as well the coloring of them is closer to 6000k vs lux 1 were much warmer in color.

and just4kickz - for the "solidness" i think your talking about how well the entire halo is illuminated. With lux 1 you could see the individual slits in the back of the halo's because the light wasnt intense enough. With lux 2.0 you can barely see the slits in the back because the light is much more intense. From a distance all you see is a complete circle of light, which is an improvement from lux 1


The second group buy of LUX 2.0 is actually going to be slightly brigher and have a slightly different shade of color. The only LED's that were available this time around are slightly cooler in color ( more towards the blue range) and are rated slightly more efficent - so more light. In my option though - you wont be able to tell any difference from the first group buy of lights though - honestly

and for beta-testing - - - i'll save that for LUX 3.0, but that is at LEAST 6-10 months away still. The LED's wont even be available till at least 6-8 months
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #51
2009BMW335
Captain
8
Rep
674
Posts

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: davie, fl

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82 View Post
beta-testing??? They are the exact same design as lux 1 first off so there is no testing needed. there was a minor design change to make them fit better, but the LED's were the biggest upgrade. these almost twice as bright as LUX 1, so there is almost no comparison. as well the coloring of them is closer to 6000k vs lux 1 were much warmer in color.

and just4kickz - for the "solidness" i think your talking about how well the entire halo is illuminated. With lux 1 you could see the individual slits in the back of the halo's because the light wasnt intense enough. With lux 2.0 you can barely see the slits in the back because the light is much more intense. From a distance all you see is a complete circle of light, which is an improvement from lux 1


The second group buy of LUX 2.0 is actually going to be slightly brigher and have a slightly different shade of color. The only LED's that were available this time around are slightly cooler in color ( more towards the blue range) and are rated slightly more efficent - so more light. In my option though - you wont be able to tell any difference from the first group buy of lights though - honestly

and for beta-testing - - - i'll save that for LUX 3.0, but that is at LEAST 6-10 months away still. The LED's wont even be available till at least 6-8 months
sweet i can't wait! btw, where did the name come from?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #52
Autobot
Colonel
Autobot's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,980
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 Montego 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Monterey, California

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
07 328i  [0.00]
Just let us know, along with everyone standing by...but by all means take your time and rest from the last batch made.
I think the slight change will not matter at all, and I am still in for the LUX 2.0, or will they be 2.1 or 2.2??
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #53
Chesmu
Brigadier General
Chesmu's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
3,013
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X6
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix,AZ

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Chesmu
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome View Post
sweet i can't wait! btw, where did the name come from?
Lux is latin for light.

BTW: I was JK with the Beta-testing.
__________________
"Teach the ignorant. Ignore the stupid."
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #54
ctgazer
Major General
ctgazer's Avatar
Canada
172
Rep
7,952
Posts

 
Drives: a dilapidated ride
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: canada eh!

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to ctgazer
how much mds? im in for a bluer light
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #55
mds82
Major General
mds82's Avatar
128
Rep
5,858
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
CTGazer - did i just send you a kit? Honestly you would never really tell the difference between the 2 led's i did a side by side comparison and it was hard to tell the difference.


LUX is Latin for light?? i didnt even know that.

i used the name LUX because it had to do with something i used from the original design for the kits
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST