E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > EVO driver new to site from MD



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #67
EVO_S4
Colonel
EVO_S4's Avatar
44
Rep
2,200
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Golf R
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN

iTrader: (28)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [4.12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
i promise you if you buy the right 3 series it will out handle that evo all day everyday, 24/7-365


are you for real, it must the driver error if you think the 3series beat Evo in the handling department stock vs stock.
__________________
2013 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #68
bdkevoIX
Captain
bdkevoIX's Avatar
11
Rep
740
Posts

 
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison.528 View Post
I have EVO 9 turbo and with HKS 272 cams intercooler,pipes intake, and full exhaust with Tial BOV and fuel bump on 93 i can make EASY 400WHP belive it or not.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE TUNNER. my car got tunned in AMS here in Maryland it made 336WHP someone with same mods at Buschur Racing made but with no Cat delete made 352WHP (and this is on mustang dyno that reads lower than DynoJet) once again it all depends on the tunner. since im not 21 yet (will turn on 5/28) i will go to the BMW dealership to test drive one on my own the first week in June. Will let you guys know how i feel about it, likes, and dislikes.
You can keep dreaming.
Let's lay out some facts here:
1. Atlantic motor sports is notorious for their high reading "dynopack" dyno.
2. Atlantic motor sports is NOT buschur racing. Are you trying to say their tuner is as good as David Buschur who has put out pump gas 9sec cars?
3. You have mild cams, and you will be on 93 octane, no meth. Tell me how you'll make 400whp easy?
4. I have been in evo scene long enough to see how much power a certain combination of parts can make. And let me tell you my friend, you will NOT make 400+whp with those parts and fuel. If you don't believe me, get it tuned, see 400whp on AMS's dynopack and take it to the track. You'll see right around 113-115mph if you're full weight.
__________________
03 Golf TDI w/ r32 conversion - 120bph/40mpg ftw for now..
06 Evo IX MR - 500whp,,,sold.....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 07:10 AM   #69
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
116
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

I just want to say that the new Evo looks like absolute shit. WTF was Mitsubishi thinking. I loved the VIII and VIX (that's 9 right?).

Carry on.
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #70
cotmfk
Brigadier General
cotmfk's Avatar
40
Rep
3,496
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DC, MD, VA

iTrader: (11)

IX = 9.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #71
Edison.528
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frederick, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
You can keep dreaming.
Let's lay out some facts here:
1. Atlantic motor sports is notorious for their high reading "dynopack" dyno.
2. Atlantic motor sports is NOT buschur racing. Are you trying to say their tuner is as good as David Buschur who has put out pump gas 9sec cars?
3. You have mild cams, and you will be on 93 octane, no meth. Tell me how you'll make 400whp easy?
4. I have been in evo scene long enough to see how much power a certain combination of parts can make. And let me tell you my friend, you will NOT make 400+whp with those parts and fuel. If you don't believe me, get it tuned, see 400whp on AMS's dynopack and take it to the track. You'll see right around 113-115mph if you're full weight.
If you had read it better i am saying that BUSCHUR is better than AMS because car with my SAME mods but with no straight pipe made MORE power than my AMS tune and its not AMS in chicago its AMS in maryland (not the same) and i forgot to mention that i have AEM EMS and YES i will make 400 theres PLENTY of DynoFlash vids that show cars with my mods pushing that... so its not HARD once again it all depends on who does the tunning. i can get ALL the parts in the world and tune it my self and probably only make 400 IF THAT i take it to a master like Buschur and he can make the think fly!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #72
kaliturbo
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: Shoebox
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Dont care. Its your choice. Keep the evo.
LOL you crack me up
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #73
mikeokimster
Lieutenant Colonel
45
Rep
1,580
Posts

 
Drives: e90 jerez m3
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Seattle, WA

iTrader: (9)

Best thing to do if you haven't done so is to drive one around in different road conditions to see if the level of refinement/class is what you are wanting. That is if you haven't done so already.
__________________
Current: 10' E90 Jerez M3 DCT
///Mods: Xpel front clip wrap, Nokya 2500k H8 halos, matte grills, IND reflectors, scoops, MS drop-in, MS track pipes, Dinan exhaust, 240E, ESS tune, BBS CHR, s04 255x35 295x30, KW Clubsports, ceramic pads
Retired: 08' E92 328i JB 6mt 212 rwhp 190 rwtq
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #74
bdkevoIX
Captain
bdkevoIX's Avatar
11
Rep
740
Posts

 
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison.528 View Post
If you had read it better i am saying that BUSCHUR is better than AMS because car with my SAME mods but with no straight pipe made MORE power than my AMS tune and its not AMS in chicago its AMS in maryland (not the same) and i forgot to mention that i have AEM EMS and YES i will make 400 theres PLENTY of DynoFlash vids that show cars with my mods pushing that... so its not HARD once again it all depends on who does the tunning. i can get ALL the parts in the world and tune it my self and probably only make 400 IF THAT i take it to a master like Buschur and he can make the think fly!
Um...what part of Atlantic motor sports did you not understand?
One in chicago is called Auto Motor sports.

Let us know when you make 400whp.
__________________
03 Golf TDI w/ r32 conversion - 120bph/40mpg ftw for now..
06 Evo IX MR - 500whp,,,sold.....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #75
Mnut
Germanized
Mnut's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Port St Lucie,FL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison.528 View Post
Hey guys im new to this site i currently own a 2003 EVO and im looking to get a 335i coupe. What would you guys say? I know i will lose all the power i currently have but i feel like im done with the whole racing and trying to be the best one around game.... I want to be able to pull somewhere and look good, but at the same time still handle business out on the road when it presents itself. I currently push 336WHP and 364WTQ but with the other parts i havent installed yet i will easily look at 420WHP. You guys think its worth it? AND its not a cheap looking car. its one of the Cleanes ones you will ever see. I will post pics of my EVO when its out the shop (getting new hood) and see what you guys think. THANKS!
I Had an Evo 8 years back and now have the 335i and I am much happier with the 335i for daily driving. The Evo makes a better track car out of the box but the BMW is just so sweet to drive and the interior is 1 gazillion times better. The Evo still steers quicker with its 2.2 turns to lock, stock Advans are amazing and the brakes are top notch the car just works. The 335i performs pretty well much like your an Evo with an interior that you will admire every day after driving the Mitsubishi .
__________________
E90 335i blk/blk sport/step
JB3 2.0 pnp
BMS dci
Ultimate Racing DP's
Intercooler???
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #76
Verbiage
I swag on 'em.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
116
Rep
8,143
Posts

 
Drives: N54B30
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
IX = 9.
FUCK I forgot to remove the X before I posted. I even looked it up on Google for confirmation
__________________
Peep my music shit here
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #77
osunick
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Terra/Graphite
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

I came from an Evo IX MR to the 335i. Truthfully, I wish I could have both and miss the Evo. I love the creature comforts of the 335i but I'm a little wary of reliability in the future. Both my evos rattled a bit but were mechanically rock solid and they were made to be easy to work on and maintain. The Evo IX was the end of an era- cable actuated throttle, no traction/stability control, and lightweight to boot.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #78
tmdb335
Second Lieutenant
tmdb335's Avatar
5
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 xi coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: boyds, md

iTrader: (2)

I used to own a 650 whp evo built by Atlantic Motorsports and although it was a very fast car I honestly enjoy my 335 better as it is a great daily driver and so refined. However on the same note as much as I love the 335 I cannot wait to get back into a vette again. I regretted selling my last vette more than anything. Best of luck and you will not be dissapointed with the 335.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #79
tmdb335
Second Lieutenant
tmdb335's Avatar
5
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 xi coupe
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: boyds, md

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osunick View Post
I came from an Evo IX MR to the 335i. Truthfully, I wish I could have both and miss the Evo. I love the creature comforts of the 335i but I'm a little wary of reliability in the future. Both my evos rattled a bit but were mechanically rock solid and they were made to be easy to work on and maintain. The Evo IX was the end of an era- cable actuated throttle, no traction/stability control, and lightweight to boot.
evo ix mr, def the last of the good ones.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 03:38 AM   #80
thkfast
Lieutenant
thkfast's Avatar
8
Rep
434
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eastern Iowa

iTrader: (1)

I'm another previous EVO VIII owner now with E90 335i.

My Evo was totally stock and I was disappointed. The power just seemed to go soft after the initial surge where my 335i seems to accelerate harder with each shift. I also was not a fan of the combination of turbo, manual transmission and AWD...bogged off the line and the turbo lag was just awful.

My 2 cents.

335i is luxury and performance, but the Evo is in a totally different class in the handling department.
__________________
The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity with which others attempt to prove him wrong.

2010 E90 335i Montego Blue / Gray Dakota Leather / ZSP ZPP STEP / SSTT / AluFelgen CS7's / M3 lip spoiler / Gloss Black Kidneys / K&N drop-in / Full-time Dual Exhaust
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335i, evo, turbo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST