E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Pre LCI to LCI Headlight Conversion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
romi12
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (1)

Pre LCI to LCI Headlight Conversion

Hey, I was just bored and lookin for more ideas to change my car... I was just wondering if it is possible to replace my 2006 325i headlights with the newer LCI headlights (sedan). u guys think it will fit and operate without error? thanks

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
MOTO69JOE
Captain
MOTO69JOE's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
876
Posts

 
Drives: E46, E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The South

iTrader: (3)

Yup...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Kensta335's Avatar
48
Rep
3,634
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

iTrader: (4)

They fit fine. Are you going from halogens to xenons? You need a harness for it to work properly.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
romi12
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (1)

i already got xenons on my car.. and while im at it, u think i should get some better AE?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
deanmc
Captain
deanmc's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
You should do a search, there's plenty of threads/pics on this topic. For xenon to LCI xenon, you'd still need new bulbs and ballasts. It's not quite PNP.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
Noxious_
Banned
Canada
10
Rep
315
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

I'd look up ******* on youtube... hes pretty well versed in this.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
lux.sh's Avatar
United_States
139
Rep
4,860
Posts

 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
You should do a search, there's plenty of threads/pics on this topic. For xenon to LCI xenon, you'd still need new bulbs and ballasts. It's not quite PNP.
Bulbs/ballasts is all you need or do you need other assembly?
Would LCI xenon bulbs/ballasts PNP into Pre-LCI xenon E90? Sorry for questions.
I plan on selling my full headlight kit and fit LCI in mine too..
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
modtheebmw
Banned
United_States
4
Rep
229
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sunset Beach, Cali

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to modtheebmw
Is this what you guys are lookign for?

pre lci xenon to lci xenon with functional AHL error free (this is some great stuff for pre lci xenon needing an upgrade)




Last edited by modtheebmw; 05-28-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #9
romi12
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (1)

if i dont have adaptive feature, will it work if i get the new headlights with the feature? there is probably some complicated wiring involved...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #10
modtheebmw
Banned
United_States
4
Rep
229
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sunset Beach, Cali

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to modtheebmw
Non AHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi12 View Post
if i dont have adaptive feature, will it work if i get the new headlights with the feature? there is probably some complicated wiring involved...
That conversion was for pre lci with ahl and thats probably involves more wiring than a non functional ahl. Jay just converted a few LCIs on here with OEM ballast and no harness aftermarket crap that others use.





Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #11
ckossl325xi
Member
ckossl325xi's Avatar
0
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 06.325xi.MonBlue/TerraDakota
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TriState

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by romi12 View Post
Hey, I was just bored and lookin for more ideas to change my car... I was just wondering if it is possible to replace my 2006 325i headlights with the newer LCI headlights (sedan). u guys think it will fit and operate without error? thanks

I'm wondering the same thing for my 06 e90...I'm not looking to do xenons though, just swapping halogens then doing a ring upgrade or something simple. Will that work/be simpler than a xenon convert?

Last edited by ckossl325xi; 05-28-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
playstereo
Private First Class
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335I 2008
Join Date: May 2010
Location: southern California

iTrader: (4)

I originally wanted Euro Headlights to get rid of the amber corners, I contacted Various dealers, even went as far as getting ready to order from barbarian shop they told me it takes around two weeks to come from Germany and will still have to change color of angel eyes and corner bulbs since I wanted white instead of yellow plus the $$ factor was too much just to get rid of the amber corners. and not to mentioned getting errors in the process. I considered after market but reading and looking quality of the reflectors and lighting oem was a better quality and choice.
I also considered painting the reflector to match the color of the car.no to mention finding somebody who would do it and who knew what to do.
I finally spoke with Jay who showed me the LCI but we didn't know if it would support AHL, the led side blinkers is what I liked on the LCI not to mention the corner delete is definitely a nice touch, that I only seen with Jay , we tried the conversion running everything oem with bi-xenons and Ahl no errors. I had this headlights installed on Wednesday. on E90 335I 2008. so far I have no errors. ahl are working functional. Jay and Mike provided great customer service making sure I was happy with the conversion and color. If you want LCI on Pre LCI vehicle and want the euro look and still have high beam and led side blinkers this is the way to go it can be done, so at the end I accomplished
a: No more ugly amber's,
b: LED in the side blinkers
c: Corner delete feature
d: Did not loose AHL and sacrificed look for features
e: Most importantly no errors.
f: kept everything OEM.


Last edited by playstereo; 05-28-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: forgot to put link
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
lux.sh's Avatar
United_States
139
Rep
4,860
Posts

 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstereo View Post
I originally wanted Euro Headlights to get rid of the amber corners, I contacted Various dealers, even went as far as getting ready to order from barbarian shop they told me it takes around two weeks to come from Germany and will still have to change color of angel eyes and corner bulbs since I wanted white instead of yellow plus the $$ factor was too much just to get rid of the amber corners. and not to mentioned getting errors in the process. I considered after market but reading and looking quality of the reflectors and lighting oem was a better quality and choice.
I also considered painting the reflector to match the color of the car.no to mention finding somebody who would do it and who knew what to do.
I finally spoke with Jay who showed me the LCI but we didn't know if it would support AHL, the led side blinkers is what I liked on the LCI not to mention the corner delete is definitely a nice touch, that I only seen with Jay , we tried the conversion running everything oem with bi-xenons and Ahl no errors. I had this headlights installed on Wednesday. on E90 335I 2008. so far I have no errors. ahl are working functional. Jay and Mike provided great customer service making sure I was happy with the conversion and color. If you want LCI on Pre LCI vehicle and want the euro look and still have high beam and led side blinkers this is the way to go it can be done, so at the end I accomplished
a: No more ugly amber's,
b: LED in the side blinkers
c: Corner delete feature
d: Did not loose AHL and sacrificed look for features
e: Most importantly no errors.
f: kept everything OEM.

Great job for getting it done. Looks like you went through alot. How much do you think it costs to do all that?
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
playstereo
Private First Class
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335I 2008
Join Date: May 2010
Location: southern California

iTrader: (4)

this set up was around $2800.00 including LED side blinkers will post pics later it is expensive but guarantee no error and full functionality all parts OEM.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
SeattleE90
Private
SeattleE90's Avatar
0
Rep
96
Posts

 
Drives: 2003.5 LSB M3/2007 335I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle, Washington

iTrader: (4)

How do you contact Jay and Mark?
__________________
2007 TiAg/Black 6SP/Premium/Cold Weather/Sport/Oil Cooler/Stock For Now;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
playstereo
Private First Class
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335I 2008
Join Date: May 2010
Location: southern California

iTrader: (4)

I contacted them through email but I don't know if the rules of this forum allow me to post it if so let me know and I will.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #17
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
57
Rep
3,685
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335d lci
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kent

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
They fit fine. Are you going from halogens to xenons? You need a harness for it to work properly.
i thought the bonnet and the lights were different on the lci? e92
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #18
Jori
Private First Class
6
Rep
198
Posts

 
Drives: 1series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: europe

iTrader: (0)

LCI Xenons for sale

Maybe someone is interested in this pair of lights


http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392374
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
J0HN_R1
E90 newb
J0HN_R1's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
41
Posts

 
Drives: Yamaha R1
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstereo View Post

this set up was around $2800.00 including LED side blinkers will post pics later it is expensive but guarantee no error and full functionality all parts OEM.
Three grand for headlights...?

<--- this should be you...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #20
playstereo
Private First Class
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335I 2008
Join Date: May 2010
Location: southern California

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post
Three grand for headlights...?

<--- this should be you...
I did not pay $2800.00 I only paid $1700.00 installed including the corner delete. sorry for the misunderstanding.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #21
Adam Mac
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

I'm new to the whole BMW group. I have an 07 e90. I was wondering what exactly I would need to do this conversion? I hate my headlights. I know this is exactly what I would like to do to mine. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #22
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Kensta335's Avatar
48
Rep
3,634
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
i thought the bonnet and the lights were different on the lci? e92
They are. OP has en E90. Not E92.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST