E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW V1 Installation question for E92

06-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
Mr. Wood
Rep
Drives: 328i e92

KW V1 Installation question for E92

I have installed KW V1 onto my E92 328i today. Everything went well. The front was totally slammed with no gaps at all. However, the rear still have a gap of around two fingers high after adjusted / lowered to the max. After looking at other rides with V1 and V2 on the forums, the rear of my car should be way lower. I was wondering if the person that installed my coilovers has missed something while adjusting the coilovers. Look forward to your responds. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Mr. Wood
Rep

Can anyone help me on this?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

where is your adjuster in the rear? on the top or bottom of the spring? did you remove the stock upper spring cup like you were supposed to?

most cases guys leave the upper spring cup in for some odd reason and shove the adjuster inside it, or they leave the cup in and put the adjuster in the hole in the lower rear control arm
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Mr. Wood
Rep

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me more about this if you don't mind? Where should the adjuster be in the rear exactly? I am sure that the stock upper spring cups are still there. Does it effect the height of the car if it is not removed? How much more clearance does it allow to lower the car if it is removed. Sorry for all the trouble, but I just need more information to go back to my friend's shop. What is the proper way of installing it?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
Mr. Wood
Rep

Thanks again Kevin @ AKMotorwerk.com. If possible, please proivde us with more input. Many of us may have the same question too.

Guys, any feedback or advices are welcomed.

Thanks in advacne.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

the upper spring cup in the rear needs to be removed and the adjuster goes in its place. once you remove the rear spring, you can tap the stock spring cup from the car (its just pushed into the body/frame of the car. then the nipple end of the adjuster fits into the hole that the spring cup came out of. put the factory spring cup in the box with your stock parts because this wont be used with the coilovers.

if the cup is there now, it makes a huge difference in ride height, once you take it out, your adjuster should have plenty of adjustment room to set your height the way you want it
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
Mr. Wood
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
the upper spring cup in the rear needs to be removed and the adjuster goes in its place. once you remove the rear spring, you can tap the stock spring cup from the car (its just pushed into the body/frame of the car. then the nipple end of the adjuster fits into the hole that the spring cup came out of. put the factory spring cup in the box with your stock parts because this wont be used with the coilovers.

if the cup is there now, it makes a huge difference in ride height, once you take it out, your adjuster should have plenty of adjustment room to set your height the way you want it
Thanks Kevin, thanks for your info. Very professional indeed.
Appreciate 0