E90Post
 


MINHS Automotive
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Off to France this weekend (Driving)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
nik_nak
Private First Class
nik_nak's Avatar
3
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Off to France this weekend (Driving)

Hi all meant to be going to La Rochelle this weekend but obviusly worried about the fuel shortages, staying in the south on Friday night getting the early morning ferry on Saturday. So we will fill up in the UK will I get to La Rochelle on a full tank?

Ta
Ian
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
andyp74199
munich leg end
andyp74199's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 320d M sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
manchester to la rochelle is 750 miles

refill at dover, then that leaves 440 miles to go

whether you make it depends on the mpg you get from your e90 ?
__________________
320d M sport
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
creepy coupe
Major General
creepy coupe's Avatar
101
Rep
8,190
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
What engines in your E90
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Dmitriy
Registered
Switzerland
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: e93 2010 325d
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Geneva

iTrader: (0)

There is no fuel anymore on french gas stations close to Geneva(
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
kaishang
Colonel
27
Rep
2,198
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 330d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

The French love a good strike, they should make friends with London Underground.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
beemerbird
Major General
beemerbird's Avatar
England
88
Rep
7,953
Posts

Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_nak View Post
Hi all meant to be going to La Rochelle this weekend but obviusly worried about the fuel shortages, staying in the south on Friday night getting the early morning ferry on Saturday. So we will fill up in the UK will I get to La Rochelle on a full tank?

Ta
Ian
Your call but any fuel you do find, the locals will want it imo.

No other EU country can and does strike as often as the Froggies do. Admire them in some ways for voting with their feet and they won't stand for being crapped on, but otherwise it is a PITA.

They're holding the country to ransom in effect when you look at the wider repercussions of their actions.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
andyp74199
munich leg end
andyp74199's Avatar
United Kingdom
3
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 320d M sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Your call but any fuel you do find, the locals will want it imo.

No other EU country can and does strike as often as the Froggies do. Admire them in some ways for voting with their feet and they won't stand for being crapped on, but otherwise it is a PITA.

They're holding the country to ransom in effect when you look at the wider repercussions of their actions.
striking is for girls (no offence beemerbird), get with the program people and be grateful for what you've got, i.e. A JOB.... cos it'll be gone soon if you keep striking and run your organisations into the ground.

I havent had a payrise for 3 years, do you see me moaning about it (apart from now lol)

aaargh ruddy frenchies
__________________
320d M sport
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
beemerbird
Major General
beemerbird's Avatar
England
88
Rep
7,953
Posts

Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp74199 View Post
striking is for girls (no offence beemerbird), get with the program people and be grateful for what you've got, i.e. A JOB.... cos it'll be gone soon if you keep striking and run your organisations into the ground.

I havent had a payrise for 3 years, do you see me moaning about it (apart from now lol)

aaargh ruddy frenchies
None taken at all luv, I agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
FPO
Second Lieutenant
11
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tewkesbury

iTrader: (0)

I disagree. Fair play to the French for making a stand against their government. At the end of the day the government is formed to look after the peoples needs.
I wish we did similar when good ol' Alistair Darling was putting up our fuel prices in increments of 2p (+VAT) every few months.
It seriously p*sses me off to see how much this country looks after the wasters of this world and canes the hard working man for every penny.

Sorry went off on one and forget why i was replying.
Im heading to Calais on Monday to travel to Germany so will definately be filling up before i leave.
Try taking a couple of full petrol/diesel cans wrapped in plastic bags in your boot so they dont contaminate anything around them.
Should help considerably if you dont make it!
If you do though, you might be able to sell a full can to some local frenchies for big €!!!!
Good Luck

Last edited by FPO; 10-20-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Went off on one!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
///ajd
Colonel
///ajd's Avatar
France
48
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: BMW 330d Touring
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (1)

La Rochelle is a long way down so you'll need to get fuel at some point.

Fuel is still available here in Toulouse in approx 2/3 of the stations - but my usual place has not had fuel since Friday.

Hard to say what its like elsewhere. You'll probably be OK, but I'd fill up where you can. Some places are limiting fuel to EUR30 a customer.

You might want to check what the AA says.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST