E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > my 320d M Sport...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2010, 02:54 AM   #23
andyp74199
munich leg end
 
andyp74199's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d M sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bristol

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yep I wasnt sure before i did it but its defo worth doing, id get them done by someone else tho cos its a tedious job if they're already on the car (as with any lci model) and its must upgrade for any pre lci e90 imho

Ive just got to sort out funds to do the lci boot and led lights now (at least i already have the oem main rear lights cheap from ebay!) I think this will involve some recoding at CA auto, M style or bw chiptune to cope with the leds tho


Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
Thanks for that!

I like that you can still see the inner rings when the dipped beam is on... at the moment my halos virtually vanish at night.
__________________
320d M sport
andyp74199 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #24
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BanziBarn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London

Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp74199 View Post
Yep I wasnt sure before i did it but its defo worth doing, id get them done by someone else tho cos its a tedious job if they're already on the car (as with any lci model) and its must upgrade for any pre lci e90 imho

Ive just got to sort out funds to do the lci boot and led lights now (at least i already have the oem main rear lights cheap from ebay!) I think this will involve some recoding at CA auto, M style or bw chiptune to cope with the leds tho
Defo, if I do it, I'll get Mstyle to fit.

Suppose it would be worth getting the dipped beam done with something whiter too if I make the trip to Essex. What bulbs have you got in the dipped/main?

(nice profile pic BTW)
__________________
Black 330d E90 LCI M Sport Saloon Auto. Privacy Glass, Cream Leather, 6FL, I-Drive/Nav/Bluetooth, Alpine hifi upgrade.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
BanziBarn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #25
andyp74199
munich leg end
 
andyp74199's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d M sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bristol

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I bought these (see link below) and im as pleased as you can be with H7 halogens !

they are basically a white light with an occasional hint of blue.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RING-XENON-MAX...#ht_2720wt_905
__________________
320d M sport
andyp74199 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #26
MEGA
Dieseasal
 
MEGA's Avatar
 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrow, London

Posts: 6,834
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to MEGA
Where'd you get the LCI lights from mate? I'm really after a set. Want them to be OEM though!

Very good stuff dude..
__________________
Previously: 2003 Peugeot 206 1.6 8v | 2006 E90 320d M-Sport, 19" BBS CH, Full Ice-cold JL audio install, August 2010 Total BMW 6 page feature car. | 2003 Nissan 350Z GT Coupe 286BHP
Now:2010 E92 LCI 335d M-Sport
MEGA is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2010, 03:27 AM   #27
Tipper
Private First Class
 
Tipper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E91 320d SE auto
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Devon, UK

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Andy,

You mention that you fitted the new LEDs on the bench before fitting to the car. When you had them on the bench could you see if there is actually a beam changng lever to swap between RHD and LHD for going foreign?

BMW say not for the E90/91 and sell tacky stickers for the job but I wonder if this is because they are difficult (impossible) to get to when fitted on the car?

Thanks

Tip
Tipper is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2010, 03:36 AM   #28
andyp74199
munich leg end
 
andyp74199's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d M sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bristol

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
hi mega, i got one off ebay, as new condition for 60 (!!) and the other brand new for about 230 but comes with all bulbs from this link

http://www.bmminiparts.com/


I think BMW quote over 300 ea !


then its the cost of the upgraded led's (I also bought improved H7s for dipped beam and silver M3 indicator bulbs from BMW dealer)


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Where'd you get the LCI lights from mate? I'm really after a set. Want them to be OEM though!

Very good stuff dude..
__________________
320d M sport
andyp74199 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #29
andyp74199
munich leg end
 
andyp74199's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d M sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bristol

Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipper View Post
Andy,

You mention that you fitted the new LEDs on the bench before fitting to the car. When you had them on the bench could you see if there is actually a beam changng lever to swap between RHD and LHD for going foreign?

BMW say not for the E90/91 and sell tacky stickers for the job but I wonder if this is because they are difficult (impossible) to get to when fitted on the car?

Thanks

Tip

there are white adjustment plastic screws on the top of the light units which are easily accessible even when fitted on the car but i dont know what they do ?

i could'nt see any levers tho
__________________
320d M sport
andyp74199 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST