E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > New car/toy/truck

11-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #67
335diesel
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 335d Touring

Garage List
Beemerbird - handy info; cheers!

Probably won't be going too deep - it's a small boat so doesn't need to be trailered into deep water- probaby a foot at the most.

Off to check out Paddocks Motors...!

E91 335d SE Touring

Also Land Rover Puma Defender 110 XS station wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #68
335diesel
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 335d Touring

Garage List
We have an extremely tight left hander/steep hill driveway that cannot be made in one go by our 110 (not even close!) so managed to devise a "shuffle" technique but it's still tight.

I slightly misjudged it last night and bashed the wall (a mixture of dry stone wall but mostly soil/foliage) - after swearing a fair bit I got to the top of the hill and checked it.

All that happened was the end cap had been moved off the plastic "pins" (which are still intact but only 18p each if needed x 4)!! Cleaned off the end cap and there's not even a mark on it! Fitting it back on shortly but it should be simple.

If that had been the BM/any other car I'd be looking at a scraped front wing or worse and probably 500++!!

I like the 110 even more now!!

E91 335d SE Touring

Also Land Rover Puma Defender 110 XS station wagon
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #69
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
We have an extremely tight left hander/steep hill driveway that cannot be made in one go by our 110 (not even close!) so managed to devise a "shuffle" technique but it's still tight.

I slightly misjudged it last night and bashed the wall (a mixture of dry stone wall but mostly soil/foliage) - after swearing a fair bit I got to the top of the hill and checked it.

All that happened was the end cap had been moved off the plastic "pins" (which are still intact but only 18p each if needed x 4)!! Cleaned off the end cap and there's not even a mark on it! Fitting it back on shortly but it should be simple.

If that had been the BM/any other car I'd be looking at a scraped front wing or worse and probably 500++!!

I like the 110 even more now!!
Cool, next time maybe try a brick wall or a tree
Appreciate 0