E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > PROGMAN 25.00.03 Released!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
E90Fleet
Major General
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

Posts: 8,047
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine View Post
E90fleet,

So to avoid troublefree upgrade, I should ask them to update to 25.003 and then make sure they upload the enabling codes, correct? I am not taking in my car for service until beginning of May, just want to be sure. Thanks
Yes, but there may be a even newer version by then

Also, make shure they test all the functions before you pick up the car again
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
E90Fleet is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #24
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
 
ScBlacksunshine's Avatar
 
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LBC

Posts: 1,516
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ScBlacksunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Yes, but there may be a even newer version by then
wow, it's starting to sound like Microsoft Vista now Thanks for the confirm though
__________________
ScBlacksunshine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #25
Park2670
General
 
Park2670's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

Posts: 18,117
iTrader: (8)

I had my car updated on march 30th. I love the new interface and how much quicker things are. But I have noticed that I dont have RTTI anymore. I just always thought there was less traffic. Guess ill need an update again?
__________________
Park2670 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 02:10 PM   #26
SteveMD
Colonel
 
SteveMD's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 X5 50i, '11 GTI DSG
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Raventown!

Posts: 2,393
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2012 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
I bet they didnt put the extra DVD in the system as required

They did but apparently, the codes required for my vehicle aren't on there thus requiring the dealer to download it tonight.

That's what I know. I'm sure they have the DVD.
__________________
2006 E90 330i (retired)
2009 E90 335i (retired)
2012 E70 X5 50i M Sport, JB Stage 1, 4.6 secs 0-60.
2011 VW GTI/DSG
SteveMD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #27
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
 
335I talian Stallion NJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 732
iTrader: (0)

Anyone have any info on PROGMAN 25.00.04???
335I talian Stallion NJ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #28
E90Fleet
Major General
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

Posts: 8,047
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ View Post
Anyone have any info on PROGMAN 25.00.04???
There may no be one, and even if there is it may not contain E9x software
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
E90Fleet is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #29
CPTHALL
Private First Class
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

25.002

I took my 2006 330i to Towson to have the flash done. As I pulled off the Voice recognition would not work. The car has been there since Friday trying to get this thing fixed. P.S. I did notice the enhanced resolution, POI search, and the quick bluetooth connect.
__________________

2013 535XI M-sport
2012 Cherokee Overland
2010 BMW S1000rr
CPTHALL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #30
vAnt826
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,418
iTrader: (3)

My dealer is playing the stupid game.

My i-Drive ever since purchase has been a pain in the ass. It is slow as hell on start up and when my phone tries to pair, I could be minutes out of controlling my electronics!

When I told them about a new software version v25 they said I already have a NEWER one? I told them to look it up or call BMW and they told me I should call them and have them call the dealership about the new software.

On top of that, my driverside window leaks when driving in the rain on the freeway. They told me they can't replicate the problem (it's sunny in Seattle) even though there are rain stains on my interior by the leak source (really obvious that it was caused by the leak) they refuse to do anything to it.

Damnit.
vAnt826 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #31
BK
Smiling politely
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 7,909
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
Damnit.
If you're in Seattle, there must be other dealers you can go to for service. You don't have to dance with the one who brung you.
__________________

330i | Black Sapphire | Beige + Burl | Sport | Premium | Cold | Nav | CA | Sat prep
BK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #32
vAnt826
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,418
iTrader: (3)

Just an update...

The dealership now claims (after showing the SIB) that they are not allowed to perform the Progman update because "New Jersey has sent me a memo telling us to wait for a new version".

At least they said they would update my car if it ever came.
vAnt826 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #33
user1
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 01 330ci; 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Irvine

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Those with 25.03, who has working voice recognition and who does not? Do those with 25.03 have working RTTI? Anything else broken that 25.03 users can confirm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
This is what happened:
SUBJECT
CCC: Enabling Code (FSC) Required for Voice Recognition System

...

If an enabling code is not provided following this procedure, refer to the "Parts" information attached to this service information
What is the TSB/SIB number for this problem? I have a feeling many of us will need to refer to this number when making future service appointments. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
Just an update...

The dealership now claims (after showing the SIB) that they are not allowed to perform the Progman update because "New Jersey has sent me a memo telling us to wait for a new version".

At least they said they would update my car if it ever came.
No word from my dealership today. AFAIK they are installing 25.03 right now. I hope VR isnt broken b/c I use that more than anything else. I would rather have my dealership tell me they cant do any updates than break VR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Yes, but there may be a even newer version by then

Also, make shure they test all the functions before you pick up the car again
When I pick up my vehicle I wont leave the parking lot until I have checked RTTI and VR. Maybe I'll try out POI and set the nav so I can see the pop up arrows when I drive. Any other items I should check that the progman 25's have broken?
user1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #34
user1
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 01 330ci; 07 335i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Irvine

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
My dealer is playing the stupid game.

When I told them about a new software version v25 they said I already have a NEWER one? I told them to look it up or call BMW and they told me I should call them and have them call the dealership about the new software.
The nice part about progman 25 is the new graphics. Its the easiest way to determine if you have v25 or an older version.
user1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #35
SteveMD
Colonel
 
SteveMD's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 X5 50i, '11 GTI DSG
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Raventown!

Posts: 2,393
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2012 X5 50i  [0.00]
I think it is important to note that (my understanding) 25.00.03 does not break VR, but after the new Progman install, the dealer has to re-enable it using the supplementary DVD.

My dealer either doesn't have the DVD or he has the DVD but the 'code' for my car is not on it.

PS, I got a Camry to drive around in - brand new - looks nice. I had forgotten what a normal car felt like. In a word, bloody awful. OK, two words.
__________________
2006 E90 330i (retired)
2009 E90 335i (retired)
2012 E70 X5 50i M Sport, JB Stage 1, 4.6 secs 0-60.
2011 VW GTI/DSG
SteveMD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #36
vkk
Private First Class
 
vkk's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw 328xi coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: seattle

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
My dealer is playing the stupid game.

My i-Drive ever since purchase has been a pain in the ass. It is slow as hell on start up and when my phone tries to pair, I could be minutes out of controlling my electronics!

When I told them about a new software version v25 they said I already have a NEWER one? I told them to look it up or call BMW and they told me I should call them and have them call the dealership about the new software.

On top of that, my driverside window leaks when driving in the rain on the freeway. They told me they can't replicate the problem (it's sunny in Seattle) even though there are rain stains on my interior by the leak source (really obvious that it was caused by the leak) they refuse to do anything to it.

Damnit.
Which dealer?
__________________
ED Jan 29 2007, redelivery apr 14 2007 - 328xi coupe monaco blue/saddle brown sport premium cold nav step comfort access

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45881
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187322
vkk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #37
vAnt826
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,418
iTrader: (3)

BMW of Seattle
vAnt826 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #38
rolling18
I AM the 12th. Emom
 
rolling18's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i SG
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: portland, OR

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

Whats "Progman"????
wouldnt this be the dealers responsibility for updating/ troubleshooting?

it must suck to have the Customers telling the dealer how to fix the problems.. heh.

after all, this isnt some Furd/ Chebby/ Dudge dealershit.
We EXPEXT more...
what gives?
__________________
e92, 335i SG/ Coral. 6m, LSD,
rolling18 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #39
ksfrogman
Major General
 
ksfrogman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 6,751
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Well, taking my car in tomorrow for microfilter change and possibly update on CIP. Wish me well.
__________________
ksfrogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #40
fidozoom
Private First Class
 
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i Sedan (ED)
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cary, NC

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1 View Post
No word from my dealership today. AFAIK they are installing 25.03 right now. I hope VR isnt broken b/c I use that more than anything else. I would rather have my dealership tell me they cant do any updates than break VR.
Can you update please? I have an appointment tomorrow morning. If RTTI and VR are broken by .03 I am going to wait for .04.

Thanks!
fidozoom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #41
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
 
ScBlacksunshine's Avatar
 
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LBC

Posts: 1,516
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ScBlacksunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling18 View Post
after all, this isnt some Furd/ Chebby/ Dudge dealershit.
We EXPEXT more...
what gives?

You're funny....

As for Progman, do a
__________________
ScBlacksunshine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #42
SteveMD
Colonel
 
SteveMD's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 X5 50i, '11 GTI DSG
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Raventown!

Posts: 2,393
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2012 X5 50i  [0.00]
Update. Got car back without VR.

This what the service order states:

11678 W W REPROGRAMMED ENTIRE VEHICLE PER SI 846106. NOTE: RETRIEVED ENABLING CODE FROM BMWNA. HOWEVER THERE IS NO FUNCTION TO IMPORT CODE AS OF YET, THEY ARE AWARE OF SITUATION AND A SOLUTION WILL BE VERY SOON TO FOLLOW

It is my understanding that once they received the enabling code to turn on the VR, that there was no GUI function that allowed them to do it.

So I guess we will be waiting for '04'

No biggie. Dealer is almost literally next door to my wife's place of work. They will call me when the fix is in.
__________________
2006 E90 330i (retired)
2009 E90 335i (retired)
2012 E70 X5 50i M Sport, JB Stage 1, 4.6 secs 0-60.
2011 VW GTI/DSG
SteveMD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #43
Kimo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 e85 e46 e31
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Maryland

Posts: 358
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMD View Post
Update. Got car back without VR.

This what the service order states:

11678 W W REPROGRAMMED ENTIRE VEHICLE PER SI 846106. NOTE: RETRIEVED ENABLING CODE FROM BMWNA. HOWEVER THERE IS NO FUNCTION TO IMPORT CODE AS OF YET, THEY ARE AWARE OF SITUATION AND A SOLUTION WILL BE VERY SOON TO FOLLOW

It is my understanding that once they received the enabling code to turn on the VR, that there was no GUI function that allowed them to do it.

So I guess we will be waiting for '04'

No biggie. Dealer is almost literally next door to my wife's place of work. They will call me when the fix is in.
Thanks Steve for the update.
Since BMW of Towson is almost an hour from me, I'm going to reschedule next week's appointment until all of this is figured out.
Please keep us posted on your progress.
Mike
__________________
Kimo --
His: ............2001 (e46) 330i, Jet Black
Hers:...........2006 (e90) 330i, Sapphire Black
Ours #1:....2008 (e85) Z4 3.0si, Jet Black
Ours #2:....1992 (e31) 850i, Jet Black
Kimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #44
Kimo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90 e85 e46 e31
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Maryland

Posts: 358
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTHALL View Post
I took my 2006 330i to Towson to have the flash done. As I pulled off the Voice recognition would not work. The car has been there since Friday trying to get this thing fixed. P.S. I did notice the enhanced resolution, POI search, and the quick bluetooth connect.
Any news on whether they were able to solve this??
Mike
__________________
Kimo --
His: ............2001 (e46) 330i, Jet Black
Hers:...........2006 (e90) 330i, Sapphire Black
Ours #1:....2008 (e85) Z4 3.0si, Jet Black
Ours #2:....1992 (e31) 850i, Jet Black
Kimo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST