E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Worth just adding tweeters?

11-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
zaheer
Captain

Drives: E93 335i

Worth just adding tweeters?

Hey guys,

Tried searching for this but most are all about full upgrades etc j ust want some opinions.

I have the Base audio system, no tweeters etc, wnated to find out if just adding the L7 tweeters would make the sound abit more clearer overall. im no bass head so no need to go for amp, bigger subs etc, just want abit better clarity.

Also would adding L7 4inch midrange speakers make any difference with stock amp?

Thanks
      11-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
ajsalida
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

I think the problem you might face is the base audio system is so bad, BMW had to do some heavy signal processing to boost bass and highs to over compensate. So when you put in speakers capable of reproducing some of that part of the sound spectrum unaided, you get far too much of it.

As far as I can tell the first thing people do before replacing speakers even if they keep the base amp is to undo the signal processing. Lot more on that in the audio section.

BTW a buddy of mine accidentally ended up with the base audio, truly sucks ass. Shameful in a 50k+ car.
      11-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Quick6EF
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 Space Gray

Try here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27