E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > What are my audio options?? Help please!!

11-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
sjsamuel
Registered
Rep
Drives: Potential 330i

What are my audio options?? Help please!!

Hello guys, I'm a current e46 owner, and my jealous wife is coveting my car...so We've been looking at an e90 for her, and am looking at a 2006 330i that I might be able to get for a pretty good price...
It has the sport package, convenience package(I think: heated seats..so). But no Nav..I wanted nav but when I tried the older idrive system some time ago I didn't really like it anyway. Anyway..heres my question:
My wife is hooked on her ipod/iphone, and I would like to know what my options for getting either her ipod or iphone integrated.

Thanks for your help ahead of time,

sjsamuel
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsamuel View Post
Hello guys, I'm a current e46 owner, and my jealous wife is coveting my car...so We've been looking at an e90 for her, and am looking at a 2006 330i that I might be able to get for a pretty good price...
It has the sport package, convenience package(I think: heated seats..so). But no Nav..I wanted nav but when I tried the older idrive system some time ago I didn't really like it anyway. Anyway..heres my question:
My wife is hooked on her ipod/iphone, and I would like to know what my options for getting either her ipod or iphone integrated.

Thanks for your help ahead of time,

sjsamuel
The OEM iPod adapter... http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=393
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
sjsamuel
Registered
Rep
Drives: Potential 330i

Thanks

Hey thanks for the link..that sounds like a good option....
Couple of questions:
1. Is that difficult to install myself...I'm pretty good with car audio stuff, and have done several complete systems..if that helps.
2. Also, without the navi unit it using this system more difficult. Should I hold out/spend more for the navi option?

I've seen some google pics with aftermarket double din units in the e90..is that an option..I know its more work and more money..but that would be ideal for me if it can be done right...we could have nav and ipod integration at the car we are already looking at?

Thanks again guys..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsamuel View Post
Hey thanks for the link..that sounds like a good option....
Couple of questions:
1. Is that difficult to install myself...I'm pretty good with car audio stuff, and have done several complete systems..if that helps.
2. Also, without the navi unit it using this system more difficult. Should I hold out/spend more for the navi option?

I've seen some google pics with aftermarket double din units in the e90..is that an option..I know its more work and more money..but that would be ideal for me if it can be done right...we could have nav and ipod integration at the car we are already looking at?

Thanks again guys..
If I were you I would get a MY2007 3-Series instead of a MY2006, at least with the USB adapter from factory, even better with iDrive as well.

There are examples of aftermarket Nav installs in this forum... search for "aftermarket Nav".
Appreciate 0