E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Winter tyres - Are they really worth it?

12-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #23
briers
Ben

Drives: XFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevee90 View Post
Asuming that you have 2 complete sets of tyres. How practical is it to fit the 4 winter wheels in the boot/car to drive to a tyre fitter in one journey?
I drove all 4 winters in the back of my car with the seats down.

Used the mrs car to bring the summers back as they were dirty and the boot is massive
briers is offline   United Kingdom
      12-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #24
Rob@prismdetailing

Drives: e90 330i

Had my winters fitted today. Amazing.

Was worried that I wouldn't notice much difference but it instantly felt safer with much better control.

Didn't think it could be this good. Quite happy to take the beemer anywhere snowy now and not worry it will disgrace itself!
Rob@prismdetailing is offline   United Kingdom
      12-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #25
jimmylad
Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335d sapphire black

Only had my car 4 months & was very conscious about BM's & snow so I bought a spare set of alloys & some Nokian tyres.

Drove the car home after having them fitted last week (noise & ride is way way better than the Bridgestone runflats & has totally transformed the car) & the very next morning woke up to a few inches of snow.

Been on a week & have never let me down once or gave me any cause for concern & I don't think they have even worn in yet.

Watched 3 cars today turn round in our very snowy cul de sac ( loads of cars seem to come down our street & turn round as if they have made the wrong turning & all turn around outside our house) & all of them had were wheel spinning wildly to get out. My car with the winter tyres does it with ease so I know there is a massive difference.

My problem is trying to dodge other cars that have been sliding all over the place.

Anyone thinking of doing it just do it.
jimmylad is offline   England