E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2011 Nav DVDs Released



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #89
GenePoole
Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL


Posts: 537
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkurgan View Post
at this place we should have it by the end of the weekend. you can click on the peers tab in utorrent to see how everyone else is doing. for the east disk, looks like the person with 30% has the most. a crew of people are in the 25-30% range.
By my calculations, assuming my bandwidth stays the same, there's about 9 hrs remaining before all has been uploaded. Assuming our current seeders stay put once it's uploaded, it should start screaming after that.

By the way, I've got 2 sets of these I burned to test everything out before I seeded the torrent. Two TDK DVD-Rs (east and west) and two Memorex DVD+Rs (east and west). Both sets work fine in my CCC Professional system. If anyone has low bandwidth, or for some other reason wants to avoid the torrent, then I'll send these to the first two PMs I get asking for them. They are nicely labled with the images I posted earlier:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #90
strctlylo
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: e93 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey City


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Respect to GenePoole for his work.

here are links to the east disk only if people are interested. maybe this will speed things up for those downloading the west disk as maybe the east disk torrent won't be needed as much.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MLCJ2BWW


http://hotfile.com/dl/85544222/74636...part2.rar.html


www.fileserve.com/file/b9uQHtd
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #91
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
6

 
Stinger44's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England


Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strctlylo View Post
Respect to GenePoole for his work.

here are links to the east disk only if people are interested. maybe this will speed things up for those downloading the west disk as maybe the east disk torrent won't be needed as much.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MLCJ2BWW


http://hotfile.com/dl/85544222/74636...part2.rar.html


www.fileserve.com/file/b9uQHtd
I'm already at 30% on the east disk, I don't want to start over.
__________________
2008 Black 335i 6MT Coupe
2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #92
strctlylo
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: e93 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey City


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger44 View Post
I'm already at 30% on the east disk, I don't want to start over.
i don't think you'll have to start over. the files are hosted on these file server sites and usually allow more bandwidth to download at faster speeds especially against a brand new torrent. try downloading them at the same time. if you get good speeds on the links, then you can stop your download of the torrent. if you don't get good download speeds, then you'll still have the torrent download running. just trying to give options. it also depends at what kind of connection you have too though. good luck in either case.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #93
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Thanks for the additional links. I should be finished downloading them in about an hour and I'll go test them. Is this the same 2011 East Region Nav disc that Gene is hosting from bmwnavigationmaps.com or is it the OEM disc? Either way thanks for the upload!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #94
strctlylo
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: e93 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey City


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
Thanks for the additional links. I should be finished downloading them in about an hour and I'll go test them. Is this the same 2011 East Region Nav disc that Gene is hosting from bmwnavigationmaps.com or is it the OEM disc? Either way thanks for the upload!
same as Gene's. i used a memorex dvd to burn. i had tried a few other brands and my navi wouldn't recognize. the memorex loaded right up.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #95
i055Nai
Registered
0

 
Drives: 2008 550i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CA


Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Just a question about the regions. Do I need disc 1 and disc 2 to upgrade my navigation system or can I just use disc 2 (West Region)?

Also, it looks like my Upload Seed speed seems to be going much faster. That means hopefully some of you are getting this more quickly than I am. I'll leave my computer running at work over the weekend. Nothing like using your companies bandwidth to do a little torrenting.

Thank you again Mr. GenePoole.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #96
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
84

 
MyE92's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild.
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 6,815
iTrader: (24)

Damn I'm a noob. What do I need to do to get a copy of these? I'm using a mac. I would really appreciate the help.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #97
Chadd
Banned
United_States
7

 
Drives: 08 AW 335
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodland Hills, California


Posts: 513
iTrader: (15)

Cheers bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
By my calculations, assuming my bandwidth stays the same, there's about 9 hrs remaining before all has been uploaded. Assuming our current seeders stay put once it's uploaded, it should start screaming after that.

By the way, I've got 2 sets of these I burned to test everything out before I seeded the torrent. Two TDK DVD-Rs (east and west) and two Memorex DVD+Rs (east and west). Both sets work fine in my CCC Professional system. If anyone has low bandwidth, or for some other reason wants to avoid the torrent, then I'll send these to the first two PMs I get asking for them. They are nicely labled with the images I posted earlier:
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #98
Chadd
Banned
United_States
7

 
Drives: 08 AW 335
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Woodland Hills, California


Posts: 513
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
Damn I'm a noob. What do I need to do to get a copy of these? I'm using a mac. I would really appreciate the help.
Download utorrent for mac. then put in these url's
http://hoxnet.com/bt/BMW_NAV_2011.1_east.zip.torrent
http://hoxnet.com/bt/BMW_NAV_2011.1_west.zip.torrent

Props to GenePoole!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #99
panzer948
First Lieutenant
United_States
10

 
panzer948's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4 on ED Order, E92 335i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, N.C.


Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
Download utorrent for mac. then put in these url's
http://hoxnet.com/bt/BMW_NAV_2011.1_east.zip.torrent
http://hoxnet.com/bt/BMW_NAV_2011.1_west.zip.torrent

Props to GenePoole!
Just curious, after you download this file is it a simple burn to a DVD using any generic burn software or do you need some special software to author the DVD (like you would do for video to play in DVD players)?
__________________
E92 335i coupe, Sport Package, Premium Package, Steptronic, I-drive, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Park Distance Control, Power Sunshades, Heated Front Seats, Front Aero Lip & Hamann Side Skirts

My ED Trip Report My Online Photo Album Short Video of ED
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #100
GenePoole
Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL


Posts: 537
iTrader: (0)

The files are just zipped .iso files. Most any DVD burning program will handle isos.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #101
Bimmerforever
Aerospace
United_States
0

 
Bimmerforever's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philly/NYC


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Thank you very much GenePoole for uploading the DVD and Strctlylo for providing those extra download links. I burned and tested it in my car and it worked great without any problems.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #102
tennisman94
New Member
0

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA


Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strctlylo View Post
Respect to GenePoole for his work.

here are links to the east disk only if people are interested. maybe this will speed things up for those downloading the west disk as maybe the east disk torrent won't be needed as much.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MLCJ2BWW


http://hotfile.com/dl/85544222/74636...part2.rar.html


www.fileserve.com/file/b9uQHtd
Can you please put these on mediafire, or at least the first part there. I want to get this downloaded so I can help seed the torrent and be able to test it tomorrow.

@ Gene Poole, you should have put the torrent in super/initial seed mode, it only lets each block be downloaded once and greatly speeds getting the whole torrent out, especially when on a limited connection
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #103
GenePoole
Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL


Posts: 537
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
@ Gene Poole, you should have put the torrent in super/initial seed mode, it only lets each block be downloaded once and greatly speeds getting the whole torrent out, especially when on a limited connection
It's been a long time since I've done a torrent so I'm not even sure what that means. Is it something I can do now, or would it mean starting over again from scratch?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #104
acnhdernegw
Captain
Taiwan
21

 
Drives: 08 AW E92 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 863
iTrader: (44)

Thanks again GenePoole
i will left my work computer on to help seeding over the weekend
hope T3 will help everyone
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #105
DoanThaiTu
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2006 330i/premium/sport/cold
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County


Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

would someone who have downloaded them both please upload them on megaupload? Please Please Please.....
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #106
tennisman94
New Member
0

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA


Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
It's been a long time since I've done a torrent so I'm not even sure what that means. Is it something I can do now, or would it mean starting over again from scratch?
It will disconnect everybody momentarily, but it will push this to completion faster. You right click the torrent (in utorrent) and select properties. Near the bottom check the box that says "initial seeding," then pres ok.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #107
GenePoole
Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL


Posts: 537
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisman94 View Post
It will disconnect everybody momentarily, but it will push this to completion faster. You right click the torrent (in utorrent) and select properties. Near the bottom check the box that says "initial seeding," then pres ok.
OK, done. Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that next time.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #108
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
84

 
MyE92's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild.
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ


Posts: 6,815
iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
Download utorrent for mac. then put in these url's
http://hoxnet.com/bt/BMW_NAV_2011.1_east.zip.torrent
http://hoxnet.com/bt/BMW_NAV_2011.1_west.zip.torrent

Props to GenePoole!
Thanks! Do I just burn it with my regular burning software? <---- Sorry! I know that might be a stupid question. I'm seriously clueless about this stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #109
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
Thanks! Do I just burn it with my regular burning software? <---- Sorry! I know that might be a stupid question. I'm seriously clueless about this stuff.
Yes, you can use whatever software you typically burn dvd's with i.e. Roxio, Nero, etc. Make sure when you burn it to select the slowest burn speed. If you burn it too fast it can contain errors that will cause your navigation to react slower.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #110
ren
Captain
14

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: U.S.


Posts: 825
iTrader: (8)

Thanks to GenePoole for uploading the DVDs. A few tips with burning these DVDs that has worked for me:

1. Since my DVD-ROM is really picky, the only blank DVD that worked for me is the Memorex Lightscribe DVD+R that every Radioshack in my area carries. It comes in 10-DVD packs.

2. If you need an easy to use software to burn the .iso, I would recommend ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/). Extract the .zip file you downloaded, open ImgBurn and select "Write image file to disc", select the .iso under source and select the minimum speed as the write speed. ImgBurn will then start burning using the lowest speed it can.

3. If you have a lightscribe drive, you can burn the .bmp image that GenePoole uploaded. A better option is to print the image on a printable DVD if your car can read it.
Name:  Photo Dec 04, 9 26 04 AM.jpg
Views: 2529
Size:  153.7 KB
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST