E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Another happy e-mapped 335d owner



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #45
635d
New Member
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Manchester

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

It is a shame Simon has moved on from this forum. Reading Vivekk's post Simon asked to be removed from the forum and all his posts, his choice and I dont blame him considering this issues he had with a current site sponsor and that no action was taken.

Reading previous posts there is confusion to whether Simon does remove the top speed limiter, the confirmation of 165mph does now confirm Simon removes the top speed limiter when he remaps a car.

When I had my first car done by Simon he mentioned he could do the remap on the dyno to independently verify the gains. I certainly wouldn't trust a dyno run from a company that uses their own dyno to quanitfy the gains, especially one that behaves in this manner IMHO
635d is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 02:19 AM   #46
Jude1
Captain
 
Jude1's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 Series
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Everywhere

Posts: 690
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 635d View Post
It is a shame Simon has moved on from this forum. Reading Vivekk's post Simon asked to be removed from the forum and all his posts, his choice and I dont blame him considering this issues he had with a current site sponsor and that no action was taken.

Reading previous posts there is confusion to whether Simon does remove the top speed limiter, the confirmation of 165mph does now confirm Simon removes the top speed limiter when he remaps a car.

When I had my first car done by Simon he mentioned he could do the remap on the dyno to independently verify the gains. I certainly wouldn't trust a dyno run from a company that uses their own dyno to quanitfy the gains, especially one that behaves in this manner IMHO
Then you quite clearly need to read a few more threads on this website.

Nobody has said they wouldn't use Simon and nobody has questioned his graphs. Simon has a very good reputation and with will go a thriving business.

As far as I have read on this forum nobody has said it's a must to have your car rolling roaded to verify maps. Simons maps have been proved on various rolling road days and are as good as any other out there.

If you read my thread of my experiences with Evolve then I made it quite clear when I went there of what I wanted and how I wanted the car set-up on a rolling road / Dynonmometer, one which I know very well. People who know me will know that my Cerbera 4.5 spent most of its life on the same dyno whilst developing various engine and tuning parts for it, so I know exactly how it works and how a car should be set-up, I am also aware of how readings can be fudged to make the final power / torque figures look higher than what they are. I didn't let on a great deal to Sal at Evolve when I went there with my already remapped car, but just enough, although I did point out that I wanted the car set-up in a way that the parameters couldn't be altered from one run (base) to another map applied. I wasn't bothered at all what the exact readings / figures were I just wanted to see if their map reaped a gain......and it did. Evolve then applied their other customer maps and they were close to or bang on what they said they would be 600Nm, 650Nm and 700Nm maps.

For me a good experience with no wool being pulled over the customers eyes. Trust me if the experience had been bad then people would have been aware of it either by my silence or through a not so positive post.

Dispute often occur on websites, I saw it happen on BMW Land when CAA took over the Tuning Section, all of a sudden the bias was well and truley in there favour. It happens.

Simon still offers one of the most flexible remap services of anyone in the UK and I am absolutely sure he will continue to prosper. Variety is what customers want and the likes of Emaps, DMS, Evolve etc all offer similar products and services and different prices, but ultimately they deliver.

Jules.
Jude1 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 04:56 AM   #47
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1 View Post
Then you quite clearly need to read a few more threads on this website.

Nobody has said they wouldn't use Simon and nobody has questioned his graphs. Simon has a very good reputation and with will go a thriving business.

As far as I have read on this forum nobody has said it's a must to have your car rolling roaded to verify maps. Simons maps have been proved on various rolling road days and are as good as any other out there.

If you read my thread of my experiences with Evolve then I made it quite clear when I went there of what I wanted and how I wanted the car set-up on a rolling road / Dynonmometer, one which I know very well. People who know me will know that my Cerbera 4.5 spent most of its life on the same dyno whilst developing various engine and tuning parts for it, so I know exactly how it works and how a car should be set-up, I am also aware of how readings can be fudged to make the final power / torque figures look higher than what they are. I didn't let on a great deal to Sal at Evolve when I went there with my already remapped car, but just enough, although I did point out that I wanted the car set-up in a way that the parameters couldn't be altered from one run (base) to another map applied. I wasn't bothered at all what the exact readings / figures were I just wanted to see if their map reaped a gain......and it did. Evolve then applied their other customer maps and they were close to or bang on what they said they would be 600Nm, 650Nm and 700Nm maps.

For me a good experience with no wool being pulled over the customers eyes. Trust me if the experience had been bad then people would have been aware of it either by my silence or through a not so positive post.

Dispute often occur on websites, I saw it happen on BMW Land when CAA took over the Tuning Section, all of a sudden the bias was well and truley in there favour. It happens.

Simon still offers one of the most flexible remap services of anyone in the UK and I am absolutely sure he will continue to prosper. Variety is what customers want and the likes of Emaps, DMS, Evolve etc all offer similar products and services and different prices, but ultimately they deliver.

Jules.
Good write up there Jules. Torque a lot of sense mate
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #48
thomasjames85
New Member
 
Drives: E90 335d saloon
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

I've just picked up my 08 plate 335d m sport. absolutely loving it.

I'm considering the re-map from simon, its around the 320 mark for him to do it.

has anyone encountered any problems with their cars as a result of the remap?

Mines only done 18,000 miles.

Thanks

Tom
thomasjames85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #49
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
His re-maps are fine and dandy!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #50
BoBBoB
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Clio 200 Full Fat
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oxfordshire

Posts: 282
iTrader: (0)

As Carlos said, all good, i've had my map for 65,000 miles and 2 nurburgring trips, never missed a beat ....

In addition Simon is friendly easy to deal with, helpful and is happy to apply the map again for free if it ever gets overwritten ..
BoBBoB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #51
MB London
Come as you are
 
MB London's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 520d M-sport
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London

Posts: 1,140
iTrader: (0)

Does this guy map 335i's ?
MB London is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #52
FPO
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tewkesbury

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

How u all finding the grip on the road atm with your remapped 335d's?
For obvious reasons Im finding it hard to get any traction in a stock 335d, so remap may be out of the question until spring.

Need a remap and a quaife for Christmas Santa!
FPO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #53
335diesel
Brigadier General
 
335diesel's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Touring
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cornwall

Posts: 4,009
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Not mapped mine and don't intend to. Plenty quick enough stock and plan to keep the car for ages so don't want to risk it.

FPO - haven't used my 335d once in the snow/ice - left snow and ice covered for two weeks, fired up no problem and felt like a beast after two weeks of LR 110 driving. I REALLY hope the ice stays away.
__________________


E91 335d SE Touring

Also Land Rover Puma Defender 110 XS station wagon
335diesel is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #54
FPO
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tewkesbury

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Its quick 335 but it feels like Usain Bolt on a day when he cant really be bothered. Very quick but nowhere near as quick as it could and should be.

Thats how the car always feels to me anyway. Guess its because the big turbo only kicks in at around 3,000 rpm and i never used to need to keep the car at such high revs to feel the diesel torque in my old 2.0tdi.

Do any of the tuners do a 14 day trial for their products? Would like to see how big an improvement the map makes to acceleration and mpg.

Dont have any snow here 335. There was only a small dusting last week and Ive been in China all this week so havent really driven it in the bad weather that most of the UK has had.

LOL the good old Landy. Shame the Range Rovers arent as reliable as the Defender! Now that would be a car I would like to buy.
FPO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #55
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBBoB View Post
As Carlos said, all good, i've had my map for 65,000 miles and 2 nurburgring trips, never missed a beat ....

In addition Simon is friendly easy to deal with, helpful and is happy to apply the map again for free if it ever gets overwritten ..
+1. On my second map from Simon.
You get what's on the tin and he's a great guy to do business with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
Does this guy map 335i's ?
The last time I spoke to Simon he was not offering a map for the 335i but that might have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPO View Post
How u all finding the grip on the road atm with your remapped 335d's?
What 'grip'?
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #56
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Big Turbo comes in at 1600-1700rpm dude!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #57
p1tse
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Need more space
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England

Posts: 551
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 635d View Post
From what I know Simon informed Forum admin about the threats he recieved from Evolve Automotive. Admin did nothing about this even though its against forum rules so Simon asked to be removed, Admin did which is why his signature says "banned".
anyone one know more details, what's that all about

i hear positive things about simon @ e-maps and obviously see evolve and happy customers and their work on forums
p1tse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #58
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1tse View Post
anyone one know more details, what's that all about

i hear positive things about simon @ e-maps and obviously see evolve and happy customers and their work on forums
Old news, check the post date.
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #59
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,306
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
+1. On my second map from Simon.
You get what's on the tin and he's a great guy to do business with.

Thats why I couldn't get rid of you at UK7 Ian....

am i being rude if i ask what bhp you getting? u can pm me ;-)
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #60
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Thats why I couldn't get rid of you at UK7 Ian....

am i being rude if i ask what bhp you getting? u can pm me ;-)
What you were trying?

I wasn't

It's around 345ish Kev, pretty tame compared to some of the 335i's on here though (barstewards!)
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #61
wayne71
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 381
iTrader: (0)

I dont find much grip on anything than a perfectly dry road, when I press the loud pedal to the floor that is. Since the remap my 335D has developed a harry redknapp style twitch to the back end when floored, being honest it scares and excites me at the same time. I would love to give it a blast at a track and test its (and my) limits.

God knows how you guys in 400+ BHP 335i's cope with it (LSD?)
wayne71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2010, 05:09 AM   #62
thomasjames85
New Member
 
Drives: E90 335d saloon
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

I'm having Simon out tomorrow to do my 335d. Can't wait for a bit more power when I want it.

Most of my miles are done on A roads, plodding along at 60MPH to and from work. Averaging 34MPG at the moment, anyone found that with e-maps your MPG improves much with this kind of driving ?
thomasjames85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2010, 05:11 AM   #63
E92Fan
Moderator
 
E92Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

Posts: 5,492
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne71 View Post
I dont find much grip on anything than a perfectly dry road, when I press the loud pedal to the floor that is. Since the remap my 335D has developed a harry redknapp style twitch to the back end when floored, being honest it scares and excites me at the same time. I would love to give it a blast at a track and test its (and my) limits.

God knows how you guys in 400+ BHP 335i's cope with it (LSD?)
An LSD helps a HUGE amount with traction
E92Fan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2010, 06:29 AM   #64
Hotcoupe
Major General
 
Hotcoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: Don't know yet!
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 6,098
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjames85 View Post
I'm having Simon out tomorrow to do my 335d. Can't wait for a bit more power when I want it.

Most of my miles are done on A roads, plodding along at 60MPH to and from work. Averaging 34MPG at the moment, anyone found that with e-maps your MPG improves much with this kind of driving ?
34MPG is not really that impressive at those sort of speeds and conditions and I would expect the remap to improve on them.

I find on a long run on a M/way on cruise control at around 75/80mph I can get 40+ mpg, but it is mindnumbingly boring and it does not take long to become distracted by lesser vehicles overtaking you and the MPG plunging quite dramatically .

In reality the remap will only result in one thing, less MPG and a quicker time to reach the MPH, but you won't be disappointed with Simon or the remap
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #65
FPO
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tewkesbury

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Big Turbo comes in at 1600-1700rpm dude!
Are u sure Carlos?

The car seems to only really get going after about 3000 rpm. I thought the little turbo worked at those revs.

Also noticed on dynos the kick the turbo big or small makes around 3000 rpm.

I will gladly stand corrected if im wrong.
FPO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #66
thomasjames85
New Member
 
Drives: E90 335d saloon
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

cheers for the reply.

my worry is when ive quoted people the figures on the re-map, that it'll blow the auto box.

I'm hoping this isnt the case if you're careful !
thomasjames85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST