E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #23
BrianMN
Colonel
43
Rep
2,429
Posts

 
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (7)

Even though I do like our small core group .....
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #24
Jred22
Meat Puppet
Jred22's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,126
Posts

 
Drives: 07 Jet Black 335i e92
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
supppp
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #25
M3x2
Private First Class
M3x2's Avatar
1
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3 Jerez Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

nobody is talking about abandoning the larger national forums. when i have questions about my FI E36, i go right to the FI section on bimmerforums to get exposure to a knowledge base that is just not available in this state alone. it just feels different (in some ways better) having a smaller more manageable navigable local forum to complement the biggies, that's it.
__________________
'11 Jerez M3 sedan, MDCT, ZCP
'99 Hellrot M3 vert, twin-screw SC, other goodies
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #26
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Welcome! This forum doesn't discriminate on your car so no worries!

135's are cool cars for sure; Anvar had one till he spun it off the track and bought an M3 (when in doubt, buy a more expensive car to crash). Lol

He's your man though when it comes to the 135. He also holds the record for indecisiveness on anything automotive related

Nick
And a happy new year to you too Nick!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #27
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Nick,

When are you turning in your car?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #28
chowbox
Private First Class
chowbox's Avatar
1
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 550i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Eagan

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 E93 328i  [0.00]
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I see both sides of the coin. one is the size of a nationwide forum. The wealth of knowledge really can't be matched. We would all like to meet & hang out with locals that share the same love for the cars we love. Unfortunately when I buy a new car I look for for a forum using google or the like.

Here's "Minnesota bmw forum" using google. MNBMW.com is on the 3rd page. not exactly easy to find if you're just getting into the game of finding a local forum, and don't know where to start. not to mention you can't even look at it without joining. Maybe it's forum about E23s for all i know. I don't have an old 7 series so it wouldn't do me any good.



Just seems that everyone has a forum for everything. I like one central location.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #29
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowbox View Post
I see both sides of the coin. one is the size of a nationwide forum. The wealth of knowledge really can't be matched. We would all like to meet & hang out with locals that share the same love for the cars we love. Unfortunately when I buy a new car I look for for a forum using google or the like.

Here's "Minnesota bmw forum" using google. MNBMW.com is on the 3rd page. not exactly easy to find if you're just getting into the game of finding a local forum, and don't know where to start. not to mention you can't even look at it without joining. Maybe it's forum about E23s for all i know. I don't have an old 7 series so it wouldn't do me any good.



Just seems that everyone has a forum for everything. I like one central location.
Good points! The reason I like the e90 forum is that this one thread is used to document everything from meets, random musings, builds, projects, problems, etc. This has worked well for us over the past year. Moving to a completed MN dedicated forum is going to take some getting used to.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #30
BrianMN
Colonel
43
Rep
2,429
Posts

 
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Good points! The reason I like the e90 forum is that this one thread is used to document everything from meets, random musings, builds, projects, problems, etc. This has worked well for us over the past year. Moving to a completed MN dedicated forum is going to take some getting used to.
Right. I kinda like how we discuss everything all in one thread, not multiple threads in one forum. So yeah, that's the benefit I see in the 'official minnesota chat thread' on mnbmw... (I'm not sure who inserted (+meth content) on the title)
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #31
brow0814
Private
United_States
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135I  [0.00]
2003 YAMAHA FZ1  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Welcome! This forum doesn't discriminate on your car so no worries!

135's are cool cars for sure; Anvar had one till he spun it off the track and bought an M3 (when in doubt, buy a more expensive car to crash). Lol

He's your man though when it comes to the 135. He also holds the record for indecisiveness on anything automotive related

Nick
Thanks! So far so good. Might need to pick up a JB4... otherwise already modded with a pretty sick child seat (just in case the wife needs to drive it and we do not need 4x4). I was indecisive myself.... there were so many options that would qualify for a fun 4th car with a back seat big enough for a toddler.

Snow tires are amazing. Perfomance OK- coming from a PCar that my oldman has now ('02 Turbo). Easier to drive day to day and not a budget killer.


Scott
__________________
135i Coupe
996TT
CR-V (no turbo,no fun)
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #32
IRL-MN
Major
IRL-MN's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,130
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F30, '89 E30, '84 E24 Euro
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Welcome! This forum doesn't discriminate on your car so no worries!

135's are cool cars for sure; Anvar had one till he spun it off the track and bought an M3 (when in doubt, buy a more expensive car to crash). Lol

He's your man though when it comes to the 135. He also holds the record for indecisiveness on anything automotive related

Nick
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #33
M3x2
Private First Class
M3x2's Avatar
1
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: '11 M3 Jerez Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Right. I kinda like how we discuss everything all in one thread, not multiple threads in one forum. So yeah, that's the benefit I see in the 'official minnesota chat thread' on mnbmw... (I'm not sure who inserted (+meth content) on the title)
I took the liberty of inserting it in the title since most of the content was centered around meth tuning, and to the passerby, they would miss that.

I didnt get that you were starting a chat thread. (I am a moron it seems). I have since deleted it and would not edit any other posts. sorry if it seemed heavy handed.
__________________
'11 Jerez M3 sedan, MDCT, ZCP
'99 Hellrot M3 vert, twin-screw SC, other goodies

Last edited by M3x2; 01-03-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #34
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brow0814 View Post
Thanks! So far so good. Might need to pick up a JB4... otherwise already modded with a pretty sick child seat (just in case the wife needs to drive it and we do not need 4x4). I was indecisive myself.... there were so many options that would qualify for a fun 4th car with a back seat big enough for a toddler.

Snow tires are amazing. Perfomance OK- coming from a PCar that my oldman has now ('02 Turbo). Easier to drive day to day and not a budget killer.


Scott

Scott,

I suggest either the PROcede or the GIAC stage 1 flash if you are going the tune route. I think most guys here will concur.

Cheers,
Anvar
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #35
BrianMN
Colonel
43
Rep
2,429
Posts

 
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3x2 View Post
I took the liberty of inserting it in the title since most of the content was centered around meth tuning, and to the passerby, they would miss that. I have since deleted it and would not edit any other posts. sorry if it seemed heavy handed.
Haha no, no worries I just began the methanol discussion to get the ball rolling on the thread. Hopefully it'll become like this thread where everything and everything will be discussed.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #36
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3x2 View Post
I took the liberty of inserting it in the title since most of the content was centered around meth tuning, and to the passerby, they would miss that.

I didnt get that you were starting a chat thread. (I am a moron it seems). I have since deleted it and would not edit any other posts. sorry if it seemed heavy handed.
SWEET! Art is the mod!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #37
Jred22
Meat Puppet
Jred22's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,126
Posts

 
Drives: 07 Jet Black 335i e92
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Who's the guy with the AW e92 and black wheels i saw at ridgedale on the x mas eve? Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #38
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
lol - Anvar, I just like poking fun at you because you take it in stride.

Nick
hahaha no worries! When the hell are you turning in your car?

We have a meet for the 22nd of January.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #39
BrianMN
Colonel
43
Rep
2,429
Posts

 
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (7)

Oh My God. That's worse than my car was the first time we all met at Imola!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #40
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Such a pity that you have to turn it in, I might have given you another shot against the M in the summer
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #41
Jred22
Meat Puppet
Jred22's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,126
Posts

 
Drives: 07 Jet Black 335i e92
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Hey guys, my lease on my 08 335i e90 ends soon, I'm looking to get into a 07 or 08 335i e92 w/ 30k + miles. Anyone have any leads or a good dealership in the midwest i should be talking to? So far i found decent options in Chitown but that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #42
IRL-MN
Major
IRL-MN's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,130
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F30, '89 E30, '84 E24 Euro
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Check out my new two-tone exterior!

Nick
tut tut Nick, that looks like more than one days salt build up to me
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #43
IRL-MN
Major
IRL-MN's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,130
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F30, '89 E30, '84 E24 Euro
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
Hey guys, my lease on my 08 335i e90 ends soon, I'm looking to get into a 07 or 08 335i e92 w/ 30k + miles. Anyone have any leads or a good dealership in the midwest i should be talking to? So far i found decent options in Chitown but that's about it.
Nick's is off lease this month, maybe you should try and snag that?!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #44
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
Hey guys, my lease on my 08 335i e90 ends soon, I'm looking to get into a 07 or 08 335i e92 w/ 30k + miles. Anyone have any leads or a good dealership in the midwest i should be talking to? So far i found decent options in Chitown but that's about it.
+1 on considering Nick's car. He didn't even drive it in the winter I think.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST