E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > Verizon Contract Takeover



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
TwinT1addict
Major
 
TwinT1addict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stamford, CT

Posts: 1,466
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.50]
Send a message via AIM to TwinT1addict
Unhappy Verizon Contract Takeover

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
Hi guys i have an urgent request. My mother recently got very sick and i cant afford to pay my verizon bill. Its a share plan with 2 lines. I have a motorola droid and Lg ally the plan is 700 shared minutes, unlimited web and text plus unlimited data. I willing to let the phones go for a low price. THE TOTAL FOR THE BILL EACH MOTHH IS AROUND $175.00. There is 12 months left on the Primary line and 14 month left on the second line. Please if anyone can take this over it will help me help my mother. Thank you guys.

TwinT1addict is offline   United_States
0
      01-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
bmwmthree
Captain
 
bmwmthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: so cal

Posts: 699
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90FANATIC View Post
Hi guys i have an urgent request. My mother recently got very sick and i cant afford to pay my verizon bill. Its a share plan with 2 lines. I have a motorola droid and Lg ally the plan is 700 shared minutes, unlimited web and text plus unlimited data. I willing to let the phones go for a low price. THE TOTAL FOR THE BILL EACH MOTHH IS AROUND $175.00. There is 12 months left on the Primary line and 14 month left on the second line. Please if anyone can take this over it will help me help my mother. Thank you guys.
Just cancel the contract. You'll pay a fee for each line but it's better than trying to get someone to take over the line (which I don't think is possible). Good luck and hope your mom gets better.

Also, I would try calling Verizon and explaining your situation, maybe they'll help you out. Either way, you should definitely cancel the extras (like text/data) and sell the phones to help pay for the bill. Good luck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyRide View Post
And BMWM3 ..I will be filing a harrasment suit against you and/or charges. See you in court very very soon. Thanks.. Have fun with your nonsense.
bmwmthree is offline  
0
      01-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
TwinT1addict
Major
 
TwinT1addict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stamford, CT

Posts: 1,466
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.50]
Send a message via AIM to TwinT1addict
I would pay the fee but $600 dollar early termination fee is not what im looking for. Verizon lets somone else take over a plan just like if you sell a car and the other person takes over the payments. I dont have the money to pay that i dont want to be cheap but its hard for me.
TwinT1addict is offline   United_States
0
      01-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
It's a stretch, but do you know if they made any change in the ToS in the last month (or possibly within the next month due to the iPhone coming out)? Doesn't matter if it's a small rate hike or even a benefit to you, if they change it, you're supposed to be able to get out of the contract within 30 days without paying, because they technically voided the previous contract. And it looks like they may be changing their upgrade policy (again, probably for the iPhone) - not sure if that counts.

Good luck, and I wish your mom well.
skinrock is offline  
0
      01-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
TwinT1addict
Major
 
TwinT1addict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stamford, CT

Posts: 1,466
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.50]
Send a message via AIM to TwinT1addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
It's a stretch, but do you know if they made any change in the ToS in the last month (or possibly within the next month due to the iPhone coming out)? Doesn't matter if it's a small rate hike or even a benefit to you, if they change it, you're supposed to be able to get out of the contract within 30 days without paying, because they technically voided the previous contract. And it looks like they may be changing their upgrade policy (again, probably for the iPhone) - not sure if that counts.

Good luck, and I wish your mom well.
is there any way to check that if there was rate hike?
TwinT1addict is offline   United_States
0
      01-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
skinrock
Agent Smith
 
skinrock's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Matrix

Posts: 2,860
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
I've found that companies sometimes stick a copy of the ToS in the bill if they change something, or they mail it separately. You could check the bills and see if there are any notes or disparities.

I tried googling it, but most of the results were about the upgrade policy changing.
skinrock is offline  
0
      01-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
TwinT1addict
Major
 
TwinT1addict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stamford, CT

Posts: 1,466
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.50]
Send a message via AIM to TwinT1addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I've found that companies sometimes stick a copy of the ToS in the bill if they change something, or they mail it separately. You could check the bills and see if there are any notes or disparities.

I tried googling it, but most of the results were about the upgrade policy changing.
I looked in my bills dident find a thing
TwinT1addict is offline   United_States
0
      01-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,251
iTrader: (0)

Have you asked Verizon if you can downgrade your plan to something that is affordable for you? AT&T will do that; perhaps Verizon does as well. Just a suggestion.

Best of luck to you.

Not that it's my business or that it's relevant to this thread, but I'm curious, so I'm asking. Now that everyone in the US has health care, does the insurance not cover your mother's illness? As I have the same coverage I did before the health care law, things aren't any different for me, but just curious how it's affecting others who need health care and perhaps weren't able to get it before.

At any rate, if obtaining health care is the cause of your burden, you should definitely check out the programs the US gov't offers.

Good luck again.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is online now   United_States
0
      01-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #9
kpmunchkin28
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW 535i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orange County

Posts: 159
iTrader: (3)

hey most people dont really know this but in california it is illegal for cell phone providers to charge for an early termination fee.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10004049-94.html

I actually found this out from a friend that works for verizon. I know ur not in Cali but it might be a shot to take it up to court if your willing to. considering that the statues in california already ruled in your favor. I dont really know much about the topic but maybe its something that you can research into and hopefully it will help you out. Wish the best for you and ur family.
kpmunchkin28 is offline  
0
      01-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
 
AoshichanX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 3,103
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmunchkin28 View Post
hey most people dont really know this but in california it is illegal for cell phone providers to charge for an early termination fee.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10004049-94.html

I actually found this out from a friend that works for verizon. I know ur not in Cali but it might be a shot to take it up to court if your willing to. considering that the statues in california already ruled in your favor. I dont really know much about the topic but maybe its something that you can research into and hopefully it will help you out. Wish the best for you and ur family.

Your part number has been superseded.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10232089-94.html
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
0
      01-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
 
jopa489's Avatar
 
Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 6,561
iTrader: (8)

Call VZW. For serious medical conditions, they will waive the fee without any aggravation.
__________________

jopa489 is offline   United_States
0
      01-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
karliejai
Da Kid
 
karliejai's Avatar
 
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Livingston, NJ

Posts: 4,577
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to karliejai
so what happened?
__________________


MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
karliejai is offline   Hong Kong
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST