E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Lovely wee run in with a 335i this morning...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-26-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Lovely wee run in with a 335i this morning...

Now, dont get me wrong.....im too old to be a boy racer, but i do have a few wee bits and bobs done to the wee Clio 172 that makes it, well....peppy. And i like to use it.

So had a wee traffic light head to head with an E91 335i this morning (didnt know they made an E91 one of those....yummy. Seriously want one.)

There was nothing in it really which I was obviously happy about, up to legal speeds anyway....

But i just wanted to say, i always thought that the turbos would mute the noise but oh no.....that engine sounds EXQUISITE.....utterly fantastic actually.

Suppose anythign would over my sewing machien engine.

If that sound was a "thing", I would liken it to the soft area of Scarlett Johannsen's upper thigh.

ROFL

J
jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,531
iTrader: (0)

Was it in a 30MPH zone as you did say legal speeds?

Unless you have serious mods on the Clio a 335i should be easily on a different level.
Kerr is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
He obviously couldn't drive it.

Glad you had fun though!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Was it in a 30MPH zone as you did say legal speeds?

Unless you have serious mods on the Clio a 335i should be easily on a different level.

Oh FFS!. No......sliproad onto a motorway, but thanks for your concern.

And no serious mods on the Clio thanks. Just a driver that doesnt care whether he nukes it or not and a nice map/exhaust allowing me to hold gears into space.

Highest on my list of mods was a damp road a good Clio tyres.

Trust a 335i driver to pish their pants in defense when all i really want to talk about is the noise.

Wise up

J
jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #5
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
He obviously couldn't drive it.

Glad you had fun though!
Sh'aaaaaaaaap DX.

Oh, trust me, he DID try despatching the beans. It just wasnt working for him



JJ
jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #6
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,531
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
Oh FFS!. No......sliproad onto a motorway, but thanks for your concern.

And no serious mods on the Clio thanks. Just a driver that doesnt care whether he nukes it or not and a nice map/exhaust allowing me to hold gears into space.

Highest on my list of mods was a damp road a good Clio tyres.

Trust a 335i driver to pish their pants in defense when all i really want to talk about is the noise.

Wise up

J
Talk about the noise then and miss out the crap you posted with it.

No need for the FFS comments etc, just show some common sense.
Kerr is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:21 AM   #7
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Talk about the noise then and miss out the crap you posted with it.

No need for the FFS comments etc, just show some common sense.
You are a nutsack.

Im sorry, but you are.

jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #8
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,911
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #9
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,531
iTrader: (0)

Somebody get this guy a brain.

End of for me.
Kerr is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:31 AM   #10
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Somebody get this guy a brain.

End of for me.
Ach shhhh now.

Your valued input has been noted and discarded.


Anyway. Yes......seriously coveting an E91 335i now.

They must be hens teeth or is it just our sheltered wee country NI that doesnt see many.

J
jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:32 AM   #11
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,911
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
FWD car is always going to do well against a RWD car in damp cold conditions.

160 bhp per tonne for the Clio 172.
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #12
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Dont forget my awesome reliability Will.....ROFL.


Anyway, seeing as this thread is going swimmingly i could probably ask a wee question on behalf of a work colleague.



Ok, matey bought a wee Astra VXR a couple of years ago, lively wee bus like.


He proceeded to spend a few upping the power considerably and what he thought, reliably. Everything was done right you know, not just a map etc....hybrid this and that...etc

However, this car has been a total heartache for him, think its more the Vauxhall connection rather than the work carried out and now he is done with it and wants rid.


I showed him a few vids of DX's brute running strips etc.....I am trying to push him 335d + map direction but wanted to see what your opinions are?

The VXR was pushing around 300 bhp and he wants the same kind of spirtited drive from whatever he gets.


So how would a 330d, 335i and 335d stack up against this?

Are these all properly reliable if a power hike via a map etc was done?

What would be the best bang per buck and finally, best compromise for power and economy?

I'd estimate his budget at around 10K



Cheers
Andy
jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:22 AM   #13
kaishang
Colonel
 
Drives: 2010 E90 330d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London

Posts: 2,198
iTrader: (0)

300hp is a lot for a compact front wheel drive car.

Anyway with traffic light grand prix in general, you never know if the other driver is giving it 100% or not. It's probably very rare that the average 6-cylinder BMW driver uses full throttle in normal driving.
kaishang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:24 AM   #14
briers
Ben
 
briers's Avatar
 
Drives: XFR
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midlands,UK

Posts: 1,970
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
Dont forget my awesome reliability Will.....ROFL.


Anyway, seeing as this thread is going swimmingly i could probably ask a wee question on behalf of a work colleague.



Ok, matey bought a wee Astra VXR a couple of years ago, lively wee bus like.


He proceeded to spend a few upping the power considerably and what he thought, reliably. Everything was done right you know, not just a map etc....hybrid this and that...etc

However, this car has been a total heartache for him, think its more the Vauxhall connection rather than the work carried out and now he is done with it and wants rid.


I showed him a few vids of DX's brute running strips etc.....I am trying to push him 335d + map direction but wanted to see what your opinions are?

The VXR was pushing around 300 bhp and he wants the same kind of spirtited drive from whatever he gets.


So how would a 330d, 335i and 335d stack up against this?

Are these all properly reliable if a power hike via a map etc was done?

What would be the best bang per buck and finally, best compromise for power and economy?

I'd estimate his budget at around 10K



Cheers
Andy
There is no point in getting a 300bhp + rwd car. 200bhp FWD hot hatches are actually quicker because of all the rain we get here in the UK.

If he's had enough of the VXR look no further than a type-r



Or failing that a scooby and mod it
briers is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #15
335diesel
Brigadier General
 
335diesel's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Touring
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cornwall

Posts: 4,009
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Enthusiast driver in "enjoying himself" shocker.

STONE HIM STONE HIM!!
__________________


E91 335d SE Touring

Also Land Rover Puma Defender 110 XS station wagon
335diesel is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:36 AM   #16
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
There is no point in getting a 300bhp + rwd car. 200bhp FWD hot hatches are actually quicker because of all the rain we get here in the UK.

If he's had enough of the VXR look no further than a type-r



Or failing that a scooby and mod it
Eh?

Someone tell Pagani and tell them to scrap that new supercar and just make a hot hatch.

Why would he want a type-R (which is an exquisite drivers car by the way and not just the brunt of your amazing internet imagery)

So, right....because he spent some bucks tuning a car that was affordable, hes a reekin spide and should buy a "vtak yo"?

Not everyone is in the VERY priveledged position to spunk 30-40k on a first car chap so we make do!

For the record, this VXR looks totally standard....no "NEONZ", "shopping lists" or even "zorsts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
Enthusiast driver in "enjoying himself" shocker.

STONE HIM STONE HIM!!
I know mate, kill me eh?

jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #17
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
VXR with 300HP is quick, not from a standing start. I raced one once, he got the jump as I didnt know we were going..... Once I nailed it a second after he did I pulled past and mullered him.

Stopped and had a chat after and he was proper impressed with the denz!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #18
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 4,629
iTrader: (2)

My Golf is 380 BHP through the front wheels. So far, 100% reliable and entirely driveable (but bonkers.)

Matt
RagingKileak is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #19
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
VXR with 300HP is quick, not from a standing start. I raced one once, he got the jump as I didnt know we were going..... Once I nailed it a second after he did I pulled past and mullered him.

Stopped and had a chat after and he was proper impressed with the denz!
That will make his day chap

Denz 335 ftw!

They are all auto right?
jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #20
davyk31
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Audi SQ5 & Golf GTD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

Posts: 4,408
iTrader: (0)

Is he expecting a 335d for 10k ??? That will be tricky to find !!!
davyk31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #21
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
That will make his day chap

Denz 335 ftw!

They are all auto right?
Yes all Auto with Paddles.

Over 100mph there immense! Obviously it wont have that FWD manic accelerative feeling.

but it will be quicker, and by quite some margin over 100mph.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #22
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
 
jinjur's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 320D
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NoRtH eYeLaNd

Posts: 826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Is he expecting a 335d for 10k ??? That will be tricky to find !!!
Well, I dont know mate.........its sorta why i threw the 330d card on the table.

15K perhaps but i dont think he wants to jump that high you know. And IF you did find one, im sure it would be a shitter.

I mean, our 320d was 10k a couple of years ago.



Sounds like a win DX but as above, budget pending......

J
jinjur is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST