E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Ordered the AA Xede!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #23
rflow
Private
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mia

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
1. True about the temps, but there are correction factors for the dynos.
And because his stock HP numbers pretty much mirror exactly what stock HP numbers have been on 335i's at Harman, it appears the correction factors have been adjusted for the difference.
As for power, yes, I've already pointed out peak power is only one aspect.
But I've looked at this post and it's dyno:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57533

And then look at mine also on a dynojet (post #13 of the thread has my dyno results. Look at the green one which is 93 Octane just like the AA Xede's were testing on. And this was with only 5-10 minutes to let the PROcede adjust to the 93 Octane and after 10 runs in 40 minutes so the car was quite hot):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55887

It's hard to compare exactly since once again the AA Xede dyno shows MPH instead of rpms.
But look at the power curve especially near redline, the AA Xede clearly drops off in power more and faster than the PROcede.
Also, keep in mind, my car is an AUTO.
The AA Xede car in the dyno is a manual.
Manual PROcede cars dyno about 8-10 HP more.


2. To have the superior product (newer and better technology) in my $48K car, yes.


The AA Xede is a very good product to be sure. But let's face it, if you had the choice back in 2006 of buying the perfectly good brand new BMW 330i or spending just a bit more for the 335i which would make more sense?
That same analogy could still be used for current 330i owners.
If they were offered to get out of their loans/leases and get into a new 335i and spend only $30-50 more a month, even though their 2006 330i is a wonderful piece of machinery, don't you think many would choose to upgrade?
That's my point between the Xede and the PROcede.

When are you going to realize comparing dyno's is a waste of time. It's so funny when people bench race.

The way I see it they are both good products and they will each continue to make customers happy. The only thing i find annoying is that any thread with positive comments about a competitors product is attacked.

There is no need to bash or constantly wave the flag, contrary to forum belief happiness can exist without a procede.
rflow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #24
lawdude
Colonel
 
lawdude's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,259
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow View Post
happiness can exist without a procede.
I think I've found happiness. I'm ordering the Procede, Xede, and Turbo Tuner. I guess I should think about some drag radials to harness all that power.
lawdude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #25
bnj
Banned
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Helsinki

Posts: 1,137
iTrader: (0)

Terry, how dare you to make individual choices. You make me look like an average Joe.
bnj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #26
rflow
Private
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mia

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
I think I've found happiness. I'm ordering the Procede, Xede, and Turbo Tuner. I guess I should think about some drag radials to harness all that power.
There you go that sounds like the best idea that's been posted. More like different boxes for different days of the week, that way you can choose which camp you want to hang with on that particular day.
rflow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #27
gashero
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i A22 sedan streptronic
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thrillville

Posts: 192
iTrader: (1)

Terry, I am glad you upgrade from that turbo tuner and head in the right direction of a piggy back, but once again you think by saving money here you can get the same bang for the buck as the procede by justifying all this reason. Let me tell you something that you are not aware of about toonning your own "XMAP".
1) you cannot toon your own map unless you have some access to he xmap program
2) If you can tune your own map than you need some kind of wideband
3) If you get a wideband than you will have to spend roughly another 3-5 hundreds dollar.
4) If you than just want to load different xmaps only and play with it I hope AA will spend some time testing and getting map out as they are a big company and big company have many products to produce instead of focusing on a single product (xede).
5) Do you know how to play with alcohol injection, because I don't think you can installed and run just like your ex turbo tuner. It will require some custom tunning.
Take my word this is from an ex xede owner.
__________________
gashero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 12:42 AM   #28
musc
Major
 
musc's Avatar
 
Drives: 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S. Carolina

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2004 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
but my sedan is going bye-bye this week and I won't have my Coupe by then yet.
I'll be there, if I can, as a spectator.
OT. Are you staying the AT with the coupe?
__________________
E46 M3 | SMGII | OEM CSL 19s | D/A Race Software | OEM CSL Header | Dixis TI | Streamline Drop in filter | (sold)
E92 335is | DCT | JB4 G5 ISO | BB Flash | BMS DCI | BMS CP | BMS OCC | BMS O-Tstat | ETS 5" | Walbro GSL392 | 436/479 Dynojet
musc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 02:09 AM   #29
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Manual PROcede cars dyno about 8-10 HP more.

Give me two weeks and I'll have my AA xede installed and we'll record another set of runs thats if you still have your car by then....
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 05:05 AM   #30
lawdude
Colonel
 
lawdude's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,259
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow View Post
There you go that sounds like the best idea that's been posted. More like different boxes for different days of the week, that way you can choose which camp you want to hang with on that particular day.
I thought I'd stick 'em all on at the same time.
lawdude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 05:13 AM   #31
jon@themshop
Captain
 
jon@themshop's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles/Eagle Rock, CA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
I thought I'd stick 'em all on at the same time.
HAHA
jon@themshop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #32
bnj
Banned
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Helsinki

Posts: 1,137
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashero View Post
Terry, I am glad you upgrade from that turbo tuner and head in the right direction of a piggy back, but once again you think by saving money here you can get the same bang for the buck as the procede by justifying all this reason. Let me tell you something that you are not aware of about toonning your own "XMAP".
1) you cannot toon your own map unless you have some access to he xmap program
2) If you can tune your own map than you need some kind of wideband
3) If you get a wideband than you will have to spend roughly another 3-5 hundreds dollar.
4) If you than just want to load different xmaps only and play with it I hope AA will spend some time testing and getting map out as they are a big company and big company have many products to produce instead of focusing on a single product (xede).
5) Do you know how to play with alcohol injection, because I don't think you can installed and run just like your ex turbo tuner. It will require some custom tunning.
Take my word this is from an ex xede owner.
Right, all you need is wideband and program. Mapping is done everyday for Xede and Procede. I hope Shiv comes up with a user interface. Custom mapping is a 'must have' feature.
bnj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #33
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
 
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnj View Post
Right, all you need is wideband and program. Mapping is done everyday for Xede and Procede. I hope Shiv comes up with a user interface. Custom mapping is a 'must have' feature.
Why? So you can have the ability to blow yourself up? Oki
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
ArmyBimmerDude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #34
bnj
Banned
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Helsinki

Posts: 1,137
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Why? So you can have the ability to blow yourself up? Oki
There are differences in 335s. Not much. So I can live with a generic map. There is even more variation in exhausts. Add up variation in cars, exhausts and their combinations and you realise one map must be a compromise. If you are not after the best performance & safety you can accept being compromised. Add a custom made intercooler... And so on...Got the point? Not to mention that a few people would have custom stage1 map already. Shiv is coming up with stg1 map next week though.
Some enthusiasts prefer individual excellent custom products. Some not so interested in cars can live happily with off-the-shelf solutions.
bnj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #35
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
 
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnj View Post
There are differences in 335s. Not much. So I can live with a generic map. There is even more variation in exhausts. Add up variation in cars, exhausts and their combinations and you realise one map must be a compromise. If you are not after the best performance & safety you can accept being compromised. Add a custom made intercooler... And so on...Got the point? Not to mention that a few people would have custom stage1 map already. Shiv is coming up with stg1 map next week though.
Some enthusiasts prefer individual excellent custom products. Some not so interested in cars can live happily with off-the-shelf solutions.
Well if you know what you're doing then go for it. But those that don't who attempt that kind of work, well we'll hear it on the forum I guess. I'm in no need of the ability to create custom maps for the simple reason that I never got the car to go to an underground/street race. Shiv, has already put out maps for stock and w/exhaust so whenever an intercoolor or anything else come out, I'm sure he'll make one for that too. Everyone has their reason though.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
ArmyBimmerDude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #36
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow View Post
When are you going to realize comparing dyno's is a waste of time. It's so funny when people bench race.

The way I see it they are both good products and they will each continue to make customers happy. The only thing i find annoying is that any thread with positive comments about a competitors product is attacked.

There is no need to bash or constantly wave the flag, contrary to forum belief happiness can exist without a procede.

Yes, I am well aware that comparing dynos is not perfect, but it's surely not a "waste of time"
What's more of a "waste of time" is comparing track times at different tracks!
Dynojets are dynojets.
Sure they may read "slightly" different at different locations, but they are still the SAME measuring device. That cannot be said at ALL when comparing drag strips, as there are WAY too many different variables!!

Further, I stated, that since his stock numbers on that Dynojet dyno were right in line with the stock numbers at Harmans Dyno, that the two dynos are somewhat comparable then.
If anything, the dyno he used read a bit high, inflating the numbers a bit since he said it was 90 degrees out and humid, yet the stock numbers were still in line with what Harmsns dyno results were when temps were 55-65 degrees and 70% humidity.

I have also never said the AA Xede was not a good product or good choice for those that want it. It's like arguing BMW vs. Mercedes.
People will always have their reasons for choosing Mercedes but some can, and with a certain validity, argue that BMW is the better choice for people who care the most about sport driving.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #37
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post
OT. Are you staying the AT with the coupe?

Yes. I live in the LA area and needed a break from driving manuals in this city. I got the auto in the BMW and for an auto it's VERY good.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #38
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
Give me two weeks and I'll have my AA xede installed and we'll record another set of runs thats if you still have your car by then....
Sorry Z, I'll have my sedan for only another 2 days.
I'm a bit sad about that, I have a great running car, but can't wait for the Coupe. I'll have the forged CSL's, Quaife LSD, and other goodies sitting in my garage waiting for the Coupe to be delivered so they'll go on shortly after I get the car and put a few hundred break in miles on the car.
Hopefully, and i'm sure it will, the v2.0 PROcede will be out by then too.
That'll also go in.
Tint and Clearbra will be installed the day after delivery however.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #39
Terry335
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Socal

Posts: 2,587
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashero View Post
Terry, I am glad you upgrade from that turbo tuner and head in the right direction of a piggy back, but once again you think by saving money here you can get the same bang for the buck as the procede by justifying all this reason. Let me tell you something that you are not aware of about toonning your own "XMAP".
1) you cannot toon your own map unless you have some access to he xmap program
2) If you can tune your own map than you need some kind of wideband
3) If you get a wideband than you will have to spend roughly another 3-5 hundreds dollar.
4) If you than just want to load different xmaps only and play with it I hope AA will spend some time testing and getting map out as they are a big company and big company have many products to produce instead of focusing on a single product (xede).
5) Do you know how to play with alcohol injection, because I don't think you can installed and run just like your ex turbo tuner. It will require some custom tunning.
Take my word this is from an ex xede owner.

This isn't my first time at the rodeo.
Terry335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #40
SfValley335i
Colonel
 
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Sorry Z, I'll have my sedan for only another 2 days.
I'm a bit sad about that, I have a great running car, but can't wait for the Coupe. I'll have the forged CSL's, Quaife LSD, and other goodies sitting in my garage waiting for the Coupe to be delivered so they'll go on shortly after I get the car and put a few hundred break in miles on the car.
Hopefully, and i'm sure it will, the v2.0 PROcede will be out by then too.
That'll also go in.
Tint and Clearbra will be installed the day after delivery however.

sounds great, good luck with the whole process. cant wait to see your coupe once its complete sounds like it'll be a good looking monster.

SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #41
lawdude
Colonel
 
lawdude's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,259
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burger View Post
This isn't my first time at the rodeo.

I found your picture at the rodeo.
lawdude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST