E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #1343
Shaun@AW
First Lieutenant
 
Shaun@AW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 387
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Shaun@AW
Has anyone coded a car with the procede installed every time I try to code it i get error 0616 (HUD) so i removed the procede and tried again and the same code came up 0616 it wont let me delete it or access it so i cant do nothing...can anyone help me out
__________________
09 M3 AW DCT
Shaun@AW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #1344
lamia2super
Colonel
 
lamia2super's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to lamia2super
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun@AWDMotorsports View Post
Has anyone coded a car with the procede installed every time I try to code it i get error 0616 (HUD) so i removed the procede and tried again and the same code came up 0616 it wont let me delete it or access it so i cant do nothing...can anyone help me out

I heard that the only way to code a car with the procede is to completely remove it
lamia2super is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #1345
b1gmac88
Captain
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: E Coast

Posts: 953
iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to b1gmac88
^ I had a Jb4 on and until I set it to Map 0, I couldnt communicate with the car.


On a side not, I cant get the Windows Up with fob and Gong to work. Before I had the ! mark with the gear around it I had the key fob window closing working and now I activate it and nothing happens. Anyone have this happen?? Same thing with the Gong. I keep activating then de-avtivating it and no matter what the sound comes back!?!?!
b1gmac88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #1346
lamia2super
Colonel
 
lamia2super's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to lamia2super
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gmac88 View Post
^ I had a Jb4 on and until I set it to Map 0, I couldnt communicate with the car.


On a side not, I cant get the Windows Up with fob and Gong to work. Before I had the ! mark with the gear around it I had the key fob window closing working and now I activate it and nothing happens. Anyone have this happen?? Same thing with the Gong. I keep activating then de-avtivating it and no matter what the sound comes back!?!?!

JB4 works fine but apparently the way the procede is wired up it doesn't work......at-least that's what i was told
lamia2super is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #1347
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
 
AoshichanX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 3,103
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun@AWDMotorsports View Post
Has anyone coded a car with the procede installed every time I try to code it i get error 0616 (HUD) so i removed the procede and tried again and the same code came up 0616 it wont let me delete it or access it so i cant do nothing...can anyone help me out
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
I heard that the only way to code a car with the procede is to completely remove it
It works on my 2007 e90 335i w/ v5. Check my youtube vid for proof...you can see the RPM confirm Map 2 =]
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #1348
Shaun@AW
First Lieutenant
 
Shaun@AW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 387
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Shaun@AW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshichanX View Post
It works on my 2007 e90 335i w/ v5. Check my youtube vid for proof...you can see the RPM confirm Map 2 =]

Link for the vid...
__________________
09 M3 AW DCT
Shaun@AW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #1349
rubdom
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 117
iTrader: (2)

Anyone know why I would not be able to read or code to the following:

TCUM
2MULF
CID

Any help is appreciated!
rubdom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #1350
AoshichanX
Brigadier General
 
AoshichanX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Claremont, CA

Posts: 3,103
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun@AWDMotorsports View Post
Link for the vid...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261 <-- Item 12

For some cars you need Valet mode I forget what conditions or why though.
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #1351
yakev724
Brigadier General
 
yakev724's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 3,559
iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Now I know what you're talking about. Yes, my car has the wires in the right place as well, and yes, I agree, it does make sense that they should be for paddles - since those are the ones you're supposed to tap into to make it work directly anyway.

Is it possible adding ZSP (sport package) to the car's VO will enable paddle shift?
As soon as I get my cable in the mail and get everything working, I'll play around with the possibility and of course post results. Until then I'll just have to lurk...

top priority for me is this damn column lock, why I looked into this coding in the first place.
yakev724 is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #1352
Toshi
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Posts: 168
iTrader: (1)

Can we code "S231A DELETE 250 KM/H LIMITATION" by NCS Expert?
Do we need any extra hardware or wiring?
__________________

2008 E92 335i M-Sport (Japan spec)
ALPINA Classic Styling II, Íhlins DFV Coilover, BMS JB4, LUX H8 Ver.3,
3D Design Front Lip, BP Black Grill, ACS Roof Spoiler, ALPINA Trunk Lip, etc.
Toshi is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #1353
xxxjecxxx
Captain
 
xxxjecxxx's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black 06 325i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 747
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
Can we code "S231A DELETE 250 KM/H LIMITATION" by NCS Expert?
Do we need any extra hardware or wiring?
won't let me add that to my VO. I tried adding sports package i think was $330 and still speed limited to 135

not that I need to drive more than 100mph i just want to be able to "do it"
xxxjecxxx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #1354
Toshi
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Posts: 168
iTrader: (1)

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx View Post
won't let me add that to my VO. I tried adding sports package i think was $330 and still speed limited to 135
not that I need to drive more than 100mph i just want to be able to "do it"
__________________

2008 E92 335i M-Sport (Japan spec)
ALPINA Classic Styling II, Íhlins DFV Coilover, BMS JB4, LUX H8 Ver.3,
3D Design Front Lip, BP Black Grill, ACS Roof Spoiler, ALPINA Trunk Lip, etc.
Toshi is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #1355
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,698
iTrader: (9)

I think LCIs have it by default, no? At least I see lots of LCIs with AEs as DRLs, and they are hardly ever modified.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #1356
BlaSTiWi
Not new just quite
 
Drives: E60 & E92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Omaha, NE

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Do you have Xenon?

AFAIK the DRL will will be on AE by default on LCI w/ Xenon otherwise the high beam (inner round reflector) for non-Xenon/Halogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemanse92 View Post
is there anyway to code on an LCI x28i to have the AE's work as the DRL?
BlaSTiWi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #1357
4CEFED
AKA: MyKaL
 
4CEFED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Texas

Posts: 200
iTrader: (2)

Just want to give a shout out to Junior for helping me get going on coding my car. This is just plain amazing. I so far coded folding mirrors with KF and CA plus windows up with KF. Thanks again xxxjecxxx. Donation sent for your school fund.
__________________

Still not faster then a crown vic!!!
4CEFED is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #1358
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,601
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
The dealer replaced the HPFP and software on my MY09 E90 335i with the Procede still installed.

It was on Map 0 (stock) when I brought it in and they had no problems.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #1359
Wissam
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 e90 328I
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: GTA, Canada

Posts: 141
iTrader: (3)

You know you're getting good at this coding stuff when you start coding things that don't even exist in the owner's manual!!...anyways, my CBS Service menu has now a new maintenance item which was not there before I started coding...see picture below...my guess is that this was added somehow during my failed attempts to code the main CAS module and the consequent gear/! warning...all the more reason to never ever try to code a main module and stick with coding the sub-modules only...my owner's manual doesn't have this symbol, and the 11/2021 date in the symbol would be exactly 15 years after my build date...any clue to what this symbol represents? is it something that was added to later models E90?
Attached Images
 
Wissam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #1360
lamia2super
Colonel
 
lamia2super's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami Beach, FL

Posts: 2,465
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to lamia2super
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam View Post
You know you're getting good at this coding stuff when you start coding things that don't even exist in the owner's manual!!...anyways, my CBS Service menu has now a new maintenance item which was not there before I started coding...see picture below...my guess is that this was added somehow during my failed attempts to code the main CAS module and the consequent gear/! warning...all the more reason to never ever try to code a main module and stick with coding the sub-modules only...my owner's manual doesn't have this symbol, and the 11/2021 date in the symbol would be exactly 15 years after my build date...any clue to what this symbol represents? is it something that was added to later models E90?

it means that at 11/2021 your car is going to blow up! lol
lamia2super is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #1361
AW128i
Major
 
AW128i's Avatar
 
Drives: E82 N51
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southeastern, PA

Posts: 1,004
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to AW128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam View Post
You know you're getting good at this coding stuff when you start coding things that don't even exist in the owner's manual!!...anyways, my CBS Service menu has now a new maintenance item which was not there before I started coding...see picture below...my guess is that this was added somehow during my failed attempts to code the main CAS module and the consequent gear/! warning...all the more reason to never ever try to code a main module and stick with coding the sub-modules only...my owner's manual doesn't have this symbol, and the 11/2021 date in the symbol would be exactly 15 years after my build date...any clue to what this symbol represents? is it something that was added to later models E90?
I'm guessing it has something to do with emissions inspection. I say this because the same symbol shown at the front of the car is for the "roadworthiness test"; i.e., the annual, bi-annual, or whatever inspection that many states/locales have. Since the symbol shows stuff coming out of the tailpipe with the same infinity-looking character above it, I'm guessing it's emissions-related. Maybe it's diesel-related??
AW128i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #1362
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,698
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
I'm guessing it has something to do with emissions inspection. I say this because the same symbol shown at the front of the car is for the "roadworthiness test"; i.e., the annual, bi-annual, or whatever inspection that many states/locales have. Since the symbol shows stuff coming out of the tailpipe with the same infinity-looking character above it, I'm guessing it's emissions-related. Maybe it's diesel-related??
Hmm. He drives a 328i, which was never available in diesel, AFAIK.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #1363
Toshi
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Posts: 168
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam View Post
You know you're getting good at this coding stuff when you start coding things that don't even exist in the owner's manual!!...anyways, my CBS Service menu has now a new maintenance item which was not there before I started coding...see picture below...my guess is that this was added somehow during my failed attempts to code the main CAS module and the consequent gear/! warning...all the more reason to never ever try to code a main module and stick with coding the sub-modules only...my owner's manual doesn't have this symbol, and the 11/2021 date in the symbol would be exactly 15 years after my build date...any clue to what this symbol represents? is it something that was added to later models E90?
Hahaha... That's very funny.
Japan-spec BMW has this symbol.
You coded your car to Japan-spec successfully. Congratulations!
__________________

2008 E92 335i M-Sport (Japan spec)
ALPINA Classic Styling II, Íhlins DFV Coilover, BMS JB4, LUX H8 Ver.3,
3D Design Front Lip, BP Black Grill, ACS Roof Spoiler, ALPINA Trunk Lip, etc.
Toshi is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #1364
xxxjecxxx
Captain
 
xxxjecxxx's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black 06 325i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 747
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
Hahaha... That's very funny.
Japan-spec BMW has this symbol.
You coded your car to Japan-spec successfully. Congratulations!
lol
xxxjecxxx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST