E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help! Subwoofer Problem.

02-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
thebeamz
Okie_OK?

Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

Unhappy Help! Subwoofer Problem.

I got a new sub put in my car last night along with an amp. Here's the problem. There is a lot of rattling. I've already taken care of the license plate & frame as well as the gas cap. So I know that is not the problem. The rattling almost sounds like its coming from where my battery is on the right side of my trunk. I took all the tools out and even the actual tool kit bedding and it is still rattling. The rattling gets worse when I close the trunk. I held different parts of the battery and the rattling has nothing to do with the actual battery (process of elimination). So I am at a stuck point. Don't know where the actual rattling is coming from and i'm pretty sure its not the trunk lining. HELP!
thebeamz is offline   United_States
      02-11-2011, 05:15 AM   #2
dion
mosound

Drives: 2009 Black 335I 4 door sedan

you need so buy sound asorbing foam, and line your whole trunk with it. there is nothing you can do about the rattle, esp. is your system has over 800 watts rms.... or use dynamat
dion is offline   United_States
      02-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
fdriller9
Banned

Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [3.22]
There are vent flaps near the battery that let out pressure. It will vent into the bumper.

I wouldn't seal it off though. It's the black grill looking think to the right of the battery when you open the battery compartment.
fdriller9 is offline   United_States