E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > OFFICIAL Pets Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #177
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I'd ride up on children, to leap off my horse on to the backs of unsuspecting kids screaming "HO DARE! HO DARE!"
and fun for the whole family begins!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #178
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Thats a beautiful bird dc

me and my girlfriend were in pet show the other day and were petting a parrot and we managed to make it roll over and spread it's wings so it could be scratched, and by the time we left it had fallen asleep while we were petting it. It was pretty entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #179
StigJ
Second Lieutenant
StigJ's Avatar
Norway
7
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: '06 Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Just got to love this picture. Sleepyhead
__________________

Hellrot '06 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe
Starlight Blue '13 MINI Paceman Cooper
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #180
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

^^^^ that last one made my girlfriend melt!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #181
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
165
Rep
6,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (15)

Awesome shot StigJ... must've been really sleepy
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #182
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
very nice
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #183
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I had a cockatiel once, I'll never make that mistake again. Beautiful bird, called him Nigel, but good god was he loud. I've had African Grey's and a blue and gold Macaw once, but the Cockatiel took the cake for most annoying pet I've ever had.
__________________
Bimmer-less ATM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #184
dcstep
Major General
United_States
65
Rep
5,030
Posts

 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I had a cockatiel once, I'll never make that mistake again. Beautiful bird, called him Nigel, but good god was he loud. I've had African Grey's and a blue and gold Macaw once, but the Cockatiel took the cake for most annoying pet I've ever had.
Actually, two is the way to go. They keep each other entertained and the noise is limited to the first minute after you get home. I go see mine for a minute and they calm right down.

Dave
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #185
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I had a cockatiel once, I'll never make that mistake again. Beautiful bird, called him Nigel, but good god was he loud. I've had African Grey's and a blue and gold Macaw once, but the Cockatiel took the cake for most annoying pet I've ever had.
worse then a biting horse?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #186
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Actually, two is the way to go. They keep each other entertained and the noise is limited to the first minute after you get home. I go see mine for a minute and they calm right down.

Dave
haha So I hear, it was hard for anyone to convince me of getting another, when 1 was already so frustrating. The cockatiel was actually given to me by a friend who could no longer take care of him, he was an awesome bird, just VERY noisy so I wonder if part of the problem wasn't previous ownership. After doing some research I got the blue and gold Macaw, he was loud but not as obnoxious. The cockatiel would just start screeching, even when you approached the cage to put him at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
worse then a biting horse?
I'll take a horse biting at me, playfully, over a bird that screeches constantly loud enough to startle my neighbors.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #187
dcstep
Major General
United_States
65
Rep
5,030
Posts

 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
haha So I hear, it was hard for anyone to convince me of getting another, when 1 was already so frustrating. The cockatiel was actually given to me by a friend who could no longer take care of him, he was an awesome bird, just VERY noisy so I wonder if part of the problem wasn't previous ownership. After doing some research I got the blue and gold Macaw, he was loud but not as obnoxious. The cockatiel would just start screeching, even when you approached the cage to put him at ease.
....
Yes, getting any bird young is a key, or knowing that you like the personality of the bird. If you buy at a store, then you need to pick one with the personality that you like. Breeders that do it for fun tend to have consistent birds. Basically you want a bird that likes people, is confident and doesn't bite or scream. ALL birds require some amount of interaction and attention, either with a human or another bird.

This male in my image, Stormy, will scream constantly if he gets out of sight of his mate, Scooby. We're a little worried about what'll happen if Scooby dies before he does. She can live without him, but he'd be a wreck without her. Hopefully that won't be a worry soon, since these birds live around 25-years.

Dave
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #188
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

however, you might be worrying about it for the next 25 years

I've heard a bird screaming loud enough for neightbours to hear before, it's not a nice sound, i can only imagine how it is when you're in the same house...

I think i'd take the ocasional bite from a horse too.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #189
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
16
Rep
657
Posts

 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Yes, getting any bird young is a key, or knowing that you like the personality of the bird. If you buy at a store, then you need to pick one with the personality that you like. Breeders that do it for fun tend to have consistent birds. Basically you want a bird that likes people, is confident and doesn't bite or scream. ALL birds require some amount of interaction and attention, either with a human or another bird.

This male in my image, Stormy, will scream constantly if he gets out of sight of his mate, Scooby. We're a little worried about what'll happen if Scooby dies before he does. She can live without him, but he'd be a wreck without her. Hopefully that won't be a worry soon, since these birds live around 25-years.

Dave
If I ever work up the courage to try a large bird again, I'll get a male and female. Your right, these birds are very companion oriented, and I'm sure it was upsetting to Nigel when no one would be around for 5-6 hours a day, and then suddenly there was activety in the house. He always had his wings clipped so I could let him out and wander around, he had a rolling perch to so he could sit outside and get hosed down or just enjoy the weather.

Though the blue and gold macaw was more adventurous. I called him Captain Morgan, and he once, despite his wings being clipped, managed to fly several streets away. You can imagine the homeowners concern when a giant blue and gold bird landed screeching in his backyard.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #190
BTM
Banned
United_States
172
Rep
10,314
Posts

 
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A///MERICA!!!

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Bailey




and if I get up for a minute:


Last edited by BTM; 02-27-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #191
InCityPhoto
First Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
325
Posts

 
Drives: 07' 335I
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Sierra: Aussie - Search and Rescue | Medical Alert Dog (best pet in the world)


Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #192
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
334
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Weird blur goin on there.^
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #193
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

weird blurr, but beautiful dog!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #194
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
165
Rep
6,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (15)

I like that pic a lot!

Did you use PS for the blur? Or some sort of tilt-shift lens?
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #195
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
tilt shift would have foreground and background out of focus wouldn't it?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 02:06 AM   #196
shockin330i
Brigadier General
59
Rep
4,201
Posts

 
Drives: blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: f y'all, I'm from Texas (RGV)

iTrader: (1)

My lil man
__________________
ERnie 2011 AW/e90/n55 12.9@107.53mph
*N55 Moderator*
I'm crawling similar to a ant cuz I'm low to the earth
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #197
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
My lil man
Sooooo cute!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #198
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
very cute
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST