E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Is your proceed 335 faster than my N/A M3 ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
brusso
Second Lieutenant
 
brusso's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 258
iTrader: (2)

Is your proceed 335 faster than my N/A M3 ?

Befor I can convert to the dark side, I need to make a few friendly runs with a proceed 335 coupe or sedan. I'm in the S.F Valley near CSUN. Hit me up if you're willing to show me how fast a 335 can be if I get one.

This will just make me feel beter about selling my car and getting a 335 coupe.

Thanks in advance....
brusso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

I don't live in Cali, but I'd love to race a e46 M3. If you are stock, a tuned 335i will spank you good.



Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
Befor I can convert to the dark side, I need to make a few friendly runs with a proceed 335 coupe or sedan. I'm in the S.F Valley near CSUN. Hit me up if you're willing to show me how fast a 335 can be if I get one.

This will just make me feel beter about selling my car and getting a 335 coupe.

Thanks in advance....
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
edgarj
Captain
 
edgarj's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92, PROcede, Eisen-fake
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: East Tennessee via PDX

Posts: 811
iTrader: (1)

I bet 'Walked U' will take you for a very memorable ride in his PROcede 335. EDIT: your sig says So Cal, but you're in the Bay area, so just PM Shiv or Dustin and get a ride in the original Stage 1 beast.
edgarj is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #4
brusso
Second Lieutenant
 
brusso's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 258
iTrader: (2)

I hit up walked u yesterday with no responce.... yet.... I'm not stock. headers , mid pipes, exhaust, intake, D/A race software.
thanks for the replies......
__________________
AA boosted 500+ hp
brusso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:44 AM   #5
edgarj
Captain
 
edgarj's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92, PROcede, Eisen-fake
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: East Tennessee via PDX

Posts: 811
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
I hit up walked u yesterday with no responce.... yet.... I'm not stock. headers , mid pipes, exhaust, intake, D/A race software.
thanks for the replies......
Sorry, didn't see 'valley'... CEA3's another applicable member, but "theres no PROCEDE on his car" even though it's comparably fast
edgarj is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
BMW F22
Major General
 
BMW F22's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

Posts: 8,306
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
I bet 'Walked U' will take you for a very memorable ride in his PROcede 335. EDIT: your sig says So Cal, but you're in the Bay area, so just PM Shiv or Dustin and get a ride in the original Stage 1 beast.

SF valley = san fernando valley. that's down south.
U must have thought of San Francisco.
BMW F22 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #7
edgarj
Captain
 
edgarj's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92, PROcede, Eisen-fake
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: East Tennessee via PDX

Posts: 811
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
SF valley = san fernando valley. that's down south.
U must have thought of San Francisco.
Missed the 'valley' part after SF. Lots of PROcede in his hood, so he's lucky.
edgarj is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:53 AM   #8
E90330iS
Major General
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Arcadia, California

Posts: 6,324
iTrader: (56)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to E90330iS Send a message via MSN to E90330iS Send a message via Skype™ to E90330iS
Wow brusso your M3 looks SWEET! Don't sell it!
__________________
1. E90 325i/328i/330i Eisenmann Race Exhaust 2 x 76mm (Used for 30000 miles) $680 OBO
2. E90 M3 Jet Black Front Bumper $120 OBO
3. E90 M3 Style CF Trunk Spoiler $80 OBO
E90330iS is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #9
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
 
purplewidow's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,928
iTrader: (2)

i beat a not procede m3 in a 4dr loaner car...the driver came up next to me after we got up to about 120-125 and said "damn that is fast"...i had him the whole way started with one car ended with about 3 maybe more!!!! i just took delivery of my e92 335 today and damn even though i haven't floored it sure feels uber fast!!!!
________
SHIP SALE

Last edited by purplewidow; 03-29-2011 at 08:22 PM.
purplewidow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 02:03 AM   #10
Walked U
Brigadier General
 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (5)

Huh? Sorry I didnt get a pm from you. But if you want to drive down to my area. Ill do some runs with you if you want.

Edit:

Oh hey sorry bryan I didnt see your msg on e46. I barley go on there. Hit me up on here if you wanna get some stuff done.
Ill be happy to help you out man.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Walked U is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 02:14 AM   #11
fusionchicken
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: LS3 Z51 C6
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: socal

Posts: 347
iTrader: (0)

Walked U would def. be down

from what i've seen an AA stage I SC M3 could barely beat a PROcede only 335i...and the 335i's are now starting to get exhausts (removed cats for the catback only, no downpipe yet) and that's good for more power too (about a car difference in acceleration, with the right map)
fusionchicken is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 02:20 AM   #12
lvwirelessguy
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90330iS View Post
Wow brusso your M3 looks SWEET! Don't sell it!
+1
lvwirelessguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #13
jbake
OG
 
jbake's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Valley Jo

Posts: 920
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
I slightly pulled on a stock m3 in my stock 335 from a roll at 40, believe it or not. they did have 2 people compared to my 1 in the car.

PROcede will roast you
__________________
jbake is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 02:21 AM   #14
brusso
Second Lieutenant
 
brusso's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 258
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Huh? Sorry I didnt get a pm from you. But if you want to drive down to my area. Ill do some runs with you if you want.

Edit:

Oh hey sorry bryan I didnt see your msg on e46. I barley go on there. Hit me up on here if you wanna get some stuff done.
Ill be happy to help you out man.
Thanks for getting back to me . I guess i'll look for someone a little more local.
I've seen some of your vids... the car looks fast. I do think a stage 1 s/c will walk a proceed 335 after 60. Stage 1 m3 will make about 475 - 500 hp. minimum 400 to the wheels. I've been looking into this as well. I've talked to Simon at Lucent and Garey at VF.
I'm soooooo confused about what to do.
__________________
AA boosted 500+ hp
brusso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #15
brusso
Second Lieutenant
 
brusso's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So.Cal

Posts: 258
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbake View Post
I slightly pulled on a stock m3 in my stock 335 from a roll at 40, believe it or not. they did have 2 people compared to my 1 in the car.

PROcede will roast you
I'm ready to get roasted.....
__________________
AA boosted 500+ hp
brusso is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 02:32 AM   #16
Walked U
Brigadier General
 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
Thanks for getting back to me . I guess i'll look for someone a little more local.
I've seen some of your vids... the car looks fast. I do think a stage 1 s/c will walk a proceed 335 after 60. Stage 1 m3 will make about 475 - 500 hp. minimum 400 to the wheels. I've been looking into this as well. I've talked to Simon at Lucent and Garey at VF.
I'm soooooo confused about what to do.
Dont worry about it.

Either way you go, it will be a good deal. S/C m3 or tunned 335i.

Too hard to tell right now where the 335i is going since it hasnt been out for too long. We will see with time.

Let me know what happens. I might be heading up that way to vist a friend also. So I can come swing by with him. He has a 335i also.
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Walked U is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 03:33 AM   #17
esquire
Colonel
 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 2,800
iTrader: (0)

brusso, why not a wait a year for the new m3. you seem like the type who'd happier with a new M than the 335.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 04:23 AM   #18
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
I wouldn't mind running you.
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #19
Straz M3
Never Lose
 
Straz M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Windy City

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (2)

Honestly, a PROcede'd 335 would walk a stock E46 M3...it would make it look silly on the highway
__________________
'11 Melbourne Red Metallic / Black/Fox/Fox 6MT E92 ///M3
ZCP | Convenience Package | Premium Package 2 | Heated Seats | Enhanced Premium Sound l BMW Apps
Straz M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #20
turbocoins
Captain
 
turbocoins's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Warm Climate

Posts: 751
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz 335 View Post
Honestly, a PROcede'd 335 would walk a stock E46 M3...it would make it look silly on the highway
+1
turbocoins is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #21
ljg335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: E90 328xi LCI
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 184
iTrader: (1)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz 335 View Post
Honestly, a PROcede'd 335 would walk a stock E46 M3...it would make it look silly on the highway
However, this race should be more interesting as the M3 is not sotck
__________________
Current:
2011 328xi BSM/Black
Past:
2002 325i/2007 335i/2004.5 A41.8T
ljg335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #22
DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
DrewKo's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
My 2 cents--keep the M3 for now (amazing car). Wait for the 2008 or 2009 models of the new M3 or 335i.
DrewKo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST