E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audio Issue



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
nrrm1127
First Lieutenant
 
nrrm1127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to nrrm1127 Send a message via Skype™ to nrrm1127
Angry Audio Issue

Hey Everybody,

I have a 2008 E90 328i and am having a strangely infrequent problem with the audio system. This happened once this past summer and just happened today. I started the car (hasn't been used since yesterday), and went to turn on the radio when all of a sudden the rear speakers started making a loud high pitched screeching tone. It was rather annoying and when I turned the radio on, the music (on both FM and CD) sounded very muddled - almost like AM radio sound quality. Also turning the volume up and down made no difference in the loudness of the screeching noise. I tried shutting the car off while stopped in a parking lot and removing the key from the slot and then quickly reinserting it and restarted the car, but it did not stop. Like last time, it only stopped when I turned the car off completely, exited the vehicle, and locked it. Afew minutes after I did that I came back to it and it had stopped. It hasn't given me any other trouble since this morning. Can anybody help with this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! - Ross
__________________
1997 Aston Martin DB7 - Merlot Red
1999 Dinan S3-M3 Convertible - Titanium Silver
2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk
2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - loaded w/19's
2011 BMW 328i - Space Gray on Saddle Brown
nrrm1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
9iron
Private
 
Drives: 04 WRX
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Louisville

Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
Hey Everybody,

I have a 2008 E90 328i and am having a strangely infrequent problem with the audio system. This happened once this past summer and just happened today. I started the car (hasn't been used since yesterday), and went to turn on the radio when all of a sudden the rear speakers started making a loud high pitched screeching tone. It was rather annoying and when I turned the radio on, the music (on both FM and CD) sounded very muddled - almost like AM radio sound quality. Also turning the volume up and down made no difference in the loudness of the screeching noise. I tried shutting the car off while stopped in a parking lot and removing the key from the slot and then quickly reinserting it and restarted the car, but it did not stop. Like last time, it only stopped when I turned the car off completely, exited the vehicle, and locked it. Afew minutes after I did that I came back to it and it had stopped. It hasn't given me any other trouble since this morning. Can anybody help with this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! - Ross
Same thing happened to me today!! ('08 328i) I tried search but didnt find anything. I want to know what this is too
9iron is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
biz77
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spokane, WA

Posts: 272
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9iron View Post
Same thing happened to me today!! ('08 328i) I tried search but didnt find anything. I want to know what this is too
What did you search for? Took me about six seconds to find this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...s+noise&page=2
biz77 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
nrrm1127
First Lieutenant
 
nrrm1127's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Rochelle, NY

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to nrrm1127 Send a message via Skype™ to nrrm1127
Yeah I already looked at that, still wasn't much of a help... Considering the car goes back in June (it's a lease and I plan on getting a 2011) I'm not too worried since it can be the next owner's problem. However what I'm seeing is that it seems to be limited to 328's only which I don't quite understand. Makes no damn sense, but thanks for helping me, I'm taking some of the forum posts in on hard copy to show my dealership (Pace BMW).
Quote:
Originally Posted by biz77 View Post
What did you search for? Took me about six seconds to find this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...s+noise&page=2
__________________
1997 Aston Martin DB7 - Merlot Red
1999 Dinan S3-M3 Convertible - Titanium Silver
2008 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk
2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - loaded w/19's
2011 BMW 328i - Space Gray on Saddle Brown
nrrm1127 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series, audio, bmw, speakers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST