E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Need help with working out



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #45
The Whale
0
Private
 
Drives: BMW 328i e92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
You won't ever look back - I didn't. Coming up on 2 years soon, have been a certified coach for over 1year, and in the process of opening my own box with one of my best friends/person that got me into it.

To each their own, but I won't ever be able to go back to Monday-Back, Tuesday-Chest, etc... routine.

And your fitness spectrum will be much greater with Oly lifting, gymnastics, and more
X2 I look back at my 3 hour long lifting day cycles on 3 day splits and stuff... at the time I enjoyed it and I don't even know how I managed to not go insane. Find a good box, you'll most likely love the community and enjoy the intensity. It becomes less about looking good and more about performing well with looks just becoming a secondary effect.

Let us know how you like it!
__________________
The Whale

2008 e92 328i 6MT \\ Matte Black Grills \\ AFE Stage 2 Intake
19" VMR v713 Matte Black
The Whale is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #46
Augenbrauezug
6
Captain
 
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

Posts: 657
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Whale View Post
X2 I look back at my 3 hour long lifting day cycles on 3 day splits and stuff... at the time I enjoyed it and I don't even know how I managed to not go insane. Find a good box, you'll most likely love the community and enjoy the intensity. It becomes less about looking good and more about performing well with looks just becoming a secondary effect.

Let us know how you like it!
I spent quite a while in the gym working out primarily trying to improve appearance. I've got a solid foundation now, and am just trying to improve strength. I focus now on body weight exercises, I could do pull ups, dips, and variations of push ups all day. Love the feeling of doing 25~ pull ups followed by 25 hand stand push ups, followed by burnout with dips. The looks I get from people at LA Fitness are funny too.
__________________
Bimmer-less ATM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Augenbrauezug is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
The Whale
0
Private
 
Drives: BMW 328i e92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
I spent quite a while in the gym working out primarily trying to improve appearance. I've got a solid foundation now, and am just trying to improve strength. I focus now on body weight exercises, I could do pull ups, dips, and variations of push ups all day. Love the feeling of doing 25~ pull ups followed by 25 hand stand push ups, followed by burnout with dips. The looks I get from people at LA Fitness are funny too.
Dude the looks I get at 24 Hour Fitness are the same. I'll do some heavy deads or Power cleans then transition into like HSPUs or Muscle Ups and people just stare and ask questions like "Are you a Gymnast?" I look at them like "No.... I'm a CROSSFITTER!!"
__________________
The Whale

2008 e92 328i 6MT \\ Matte Black Grills \\ AFE Stage 2 Intake
19" VMR v713 Matte Black
The Whale is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #48
Dre01SS
3
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Whale View Post
Dude the looks I get at 24 Hour Fitness are the same. I'll do some heavy deads or Power cleans then transition into like HSPUs or Muscle Ups and people just stare and ask questions like "Are you a Gymnast?" I look at them like "No.... I'm a CROSSFITTER!!"
Your 24Hr Fitness has rings??? or do you bring your own (or bar MUs)?

12min AMRAP yesterday - 5 MUs, 10 OHS @ 115#; stout.
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #49
Dre01SS
3
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
If you guys want to help a brother out - check out our pages and like/follow

www.facebook.com/CrossFitHD

Just setup today:
www.twitter.com/CrossFitHD
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST