E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Diablo III coming soon!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2011, 04:18 AM   #111
LaYzEe
Major
LaYzEe's Avatar
18
Rep
1,040
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area, Ca

iTrader: (4)

a nice run down of D3 -

__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #112
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Just to keep this thread up to date.


Blizzard has said that all development for D3 has been completed and they are purely in testing and tweaking mode.

It is strongly suggested that D3 will release Q4 2011. I'd expect a release date from this year's Blizzcon
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #113
MR.AP2
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: s2k
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: bay area

iTrader: (0)

cant wait for this game! gonna have to build me a new comp when this game get near the release date. my pc is too old and i dont use it anymore lol
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #114
vladinecko
Brigadier General
vladinecko's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
3,904
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Just to keep this thread up to date.
It is strongly suggested that D3 will release Q4 2011. I'd expect a release date from this year's Blizzcon
i very much doubt that. i would love nothing more than to play the game this year but given blizzard's history, my humble guess is june 2012.

at last year's blizzcon just a few months back, multiple sources at blizzard said you can play the game from start to finish but most acts still have only placeholders for many areas and big bosses. that is not a good sign as it hints that the lengthy part of the development, level design, is still in its infant stages.

also, based on what's been released about character classes, they have quite a bit of balancing to do. the problem being, as soon as you introduce a cool spell for a new character, like the demon hunter, you have to revisit the remaining 4 characters give them something just as cool.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #115
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko View Post
i very much doubt that. i would love nothing more than to play the game this year but given blizzard's history, my humble guess is june 2012.

at last year's blizzcon just a few months back, multiple sources at blizzard said you can play the game from start to finish but most acts still have only placeholders for many areas and big bosses. that is not a good sign as it hints that the lengthy part of the development, level design, is still in its infant stages.

also, based on what's been released about character classes, they have quite a bit of balancing to do. the problem being, as soon as you introduce a cool spell for a new character, like the demon hunter, you have to revisit the remaining 4 characters give them something just as cool.
I guess time will tell who is right, however I have recent news (not rumor) on my side. The development of the game is mostly done according to Blizzard.
source: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/2391...lly-completed/

Which means right now they are play testing and tweaking. I also have an insider friend that works for Blizzard Austin that says they are working on the pvp system. Lastly, to include a bit of speculation the leaked internal Blizzard calender shows D3 in a Q4 2011 release spot, and so far with the other things that Blizzard has rolled out in recent history that leaked timetable seems to be accurate.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 02:12 AM   #116
vladinecko
Brigadier General
vladinecko's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
3,904
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I guess time will tell who is right, however I have recent news (not rumor) on my side. The development of the game is mostly done according to Blizzard.
source: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/2391...lly-completed/

Which means right now they are play testing and tweaking. I also have an insider friend that works for Blizzard Austin that says they are working on the pvp system. Lastly, to include a bit of speculation the leaked internal Blizzard calender shows D3 in a Q4 2011 release spot, and so far with the other things that Blizzard has rolled out in recent history that leaked timetable seems to be accurate.
I really hope that I'm wrong and you are right. I just remember how it was with D2 and D3 would already have to be in private beta if they wanted to launch in Q4 of this year, don't you think?
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 03:27 AM   #117
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
162
Rep
2,664
Posts

 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Coming Soon™
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #118
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
162
Rep
2,664
Posts

 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (0)

it's most likely fan made, but ....Holy shit epic boxart

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #119
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
it's most likely fan made, but ....Holy shit epic boxart

Pretty cool. But I feel like the nameplate on that box is too high up. Can't really easily see it vs. the huge demon.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:08 AM   #120
BuddyLe
BuDdyLe
BuddyLe's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 530i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

This game will be the reason I drop a good chunk of change for a new rig... CANT WAIT!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #121
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
162
Rep
2,664
Posts

 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLe View Post
This game will be the reason I drop a good chunk of change for a new rig... CANT WAIT!
Doubt it will require much to run this at max.

You should be building your rig for Battlefield 3. That is the game changer this year...nothing else will hold a candle to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #122
liminchun
Private First Class
6
Rep
143
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 Subaru WRX 2008 Bmw 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to liminchun
Already spent 1500 on my new rig for this game....this game is gonna ruin me lol
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #123
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liminchun View Post
Already spent 1500 on my new rig for this game....this game is gonna ruin me lol
I don't think you'll need to spend a fortune for this new game. It won't be that high spec. It will still look good though.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #124
vladinecko
Brigadier General
vladinecko's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
3,904
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Doubt it will require much to run this at max.
agreed, blizzard isn't really known to be a leader in what's the best and latest in the graphics world. When D2 came out, it was already a few years behind. 640x480 as max resolution in 2000? That was just pathetic.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 03:40 AM   #125
LaYzEe
Major
LaYzEe's Avatar
18
Rep
1,040
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area, Ca

iTrader: (4)

a geforce gtx 460 1gb (or similar) set at max settings should be more than enough for this game imho.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #126
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko View Post
agreed, blizzard isn't really known to be a leader in what's the best and latest in the graphics world. When D2 came out, it was already a few years behind. 640x480 as max resolution in 2000? That was just pathetic.
Yeah but it also expands their potential customer base. Not a bad idea at all. It has definitely helped WoW out, while other MMOs come out with blazing cutting-edge engines and hardly anyone can play them on decent settings so they look like crap anyway and run like crap as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #127
xquisit
«-·¨¯¯¨·-»
xquisit's Avatar
21
Rep
1,206
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E90 328i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to xquisit
I doubt this game will come out, ever!

I've been waiting for it for about six plus years :\
__________________
LCIe90 N51 Black Sapphire Metallic - Saddle Brown
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #128
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
Syndicategt's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,732
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquisit View Post
I doubt this game will come out, ever!

I've been waiting for it for about six plus years :\
Yea seriously. Playing D2 off and on for over 10 years, I need something new and refreshing. I plan on taking atleast 2 weeks off of work when this comes out. I can't wait!
__________________
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #129
liminchun
Private First Class
6
Rep
143
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 Subaru WRX 2008 Bmw 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OH

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to liminchun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Yea seriously. Playing D2 off and on for over 10 years, I need something new and refreshing. I plan on taking atleast 2 weeks off of work when this comes out. I can't wait!
Lol yeah im gonna disappear for a few weeks when this game comes out...have a case of water and carry out and a can to piss in lol
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #130
Hula-Hula
Lieutenant Colonel
Hula-Hula's Avatar
No_Country
39
Rep
1,971
Posts

 
Drives: ♥
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nürburgring

iTrader: (0)

Diablo III beta confirmed for Q3!!! Wohoo!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #131
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hula-Hula View Post
Diablo III beta confirmed for Q3!!! Wohoo!
I won't believe it till the day beta keys are sent out.
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #132
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I won't believe it till the day beta keys are sent out.

now that I think about it, I can see that....aligned perfectly with the blizzcon days? (although I guess that's virtually Q4 then)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
how old are you again?, old loosers thread, two gheys to the left

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST