E90Post
 


Evolve Automotive
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Review: LUX H8 V3 LED Angel Eyes



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #23
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
wait for a day photo....

In the night all leds work great.....
During the day they only look good at eye. From every other angle the outer ring looks dim.
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #24
Bullet
Major
 
Bullet's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: So cal

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (6)

...?

I don't understand all the hating recently on LUX. If you don't like it return it. I've had my set for a few months now, and admittedly I thought they looked a bit dim and not worth it but yesterday I let my friend drive my car and DAMN THEY LOOK AMAZING!! so basically no point in hating on a quality product...
__________________
Cobb // Helix // BMS //
E9X Picture game: 1
Bullet is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #25
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
 
Kevin@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
 
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hillsborough, nj

Posts: 28,154
iTrader: (1)

if there is that much of a difference between the inner and outer ring, either the bulb isnt seated properly, or you're just standing at a weird angle.

you can only do so much with whats already there as far as the light path that bmw designed, and lux did a pretty good job at making it work and make a good impovement over stock
Kevin@AKMotorwerk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,560
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
I don't understand all the hating recently on LUX. If you don't like it return it. I've had my set for a few months now, and admittedly I thought they looked a bit dim and not worth it but yesterday I let my friend drive my car and DAMN THEY LOOK AMAZING!! so basically no point in hating on a quality product...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
if there is that much of a difference between the inner and outer ring, either the bulb isnt seated properly, or you're just standing at a weird angle.

you can only do so much with whats already there as far as the light path that bmw designed, and lux did a pretty good job at making it work and make a good impovement over stock
This is called a REVIEW. I'm not hating, I'm pointing out PROS and CONS like it clearly shows in my original post. Am I happy with my purchase? Yes. Is there distortion of the bulbs at most angles? Yes. Is that LUX's fault? No. Is LUX the best plug and play bulb? Yes.

Just because I like the product doesn't mean I have to be a fan boy and only point out the positive aspects of a product. I love my 335i, but if someone asks me for a review on it, I'm not going to leave out the parts about how they eat HPFPs and how the oil cooling sucks. Just because other cars have oil cooling problems and other cars have fuel pump problems doesn't mean I'm not going to bring it up.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife

Last edited by EDM92; 03-17-2011 at 12:07 PM.
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #27
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
 
Kevin@AKMotorwerk's Avatar
 
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hillsborough, nj

Posts: 28,154
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
This is called a REVIEW. I'm not hating, I'm pointing out PROS and CONS like it clearly shows in my original post. Am I happy with my purchase? Yes. Is there distortion of the bulbs at most angles? Yes. Is that LUX's fault? No. Is LUX the best plug and play bulb? Yes.

Just because I like the product doesn't mean I have to be a fan boy and only point out the positive aspects of a product. I love my 335i, but if someone asks me for a review on it, I'm not going to leave out the parts about how they eat HPFPs and how the oil cooling sucks. Just because other cars have oil cooling problems and other cars have fuel pump problems doesn't mean I'm not going to bring it up.
i wasnt flaming your review at all, i was just offering a suggestion to your problem of the extreme difference in light output, and i'm not a fan boy at all, i have a different favorite angel eye option, but feel the lux is a solid product available
Kevin@AKMotorwerk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #28
EDM92
Colonel
 
EDM92's Avatar
 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 2,560
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
This is called a REVIEW. I'm not hating, I'm pointing out PROS and CONS like it clearly shows in my original post. Am I happy with my purchase? Yes. Is there distortion of the bulbs at most angles? Yes. Is that LUX's fault? No. Is LUX the best plug and play bulb? Yes.

Just because I like the product doesn't mean I have to be a fan boy and only point out the positive aspects of a product. I love my 335i, but if someone asks me for a review on it, I'm not going to leave out the parts about how they eat HPFPs and how the oil cooling sucks. Just because other cars have oil cooling problems and other cars have fuel pump problems doesn't mean I'm not going to bring it up.
i wasnt flaming your review at all, i was just offering a suggestion to your problem of the extreme difference in light output, and i'm not a fan boy at all, i have a different favorite angel eye option, but feel the lux is a solid product available
I know, don't worry no offense taken, my reply was aimed mostly towards the other guy. Also, they are definitely twisted and seated in there properly, but thanks for the advice.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #29
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
During the day they only look good at eye. From every other angle the outer ring looks dim.
Editing my earlier post. LUX look decent at eye level during the day, but look awesome at night.

Alpine>LUX during the day
LUX>Alpine at night
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #30
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,073
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
This is called a REVIEW. I'm not hating, I'm pointing out PROS and CONS like it clearly shows in my original post. Am I happy with my purchase? Yes. Is there distortion of the bulbs at most angles? Yes. Is that LUX's fault? No. Is LUX the best plug and play bulb? Yes.

Just because I like the product doesn't mean I have to be a fan boy and only point out the positive aspects of a product. I love my 335i, but if someone asks me for a review on it, I'm not going to leave out the parts about how they eat HPFPs and how the oil cooling sucks. Just because other cars have oil cooling problems and other cars have fuel pump problems doesn't mean I'm not going to bring it up.
Look at these 2 senarios:
1) You say if you tell someone about your 335i you will tell them about the HPFP and oil cooling - those are direct parts of your 335i.

2) When someone asks you about the LUX H8 V3 kit you tell them the outer ring is dim- that has nothing to do about with the LUX, it is 100% the fault of your 335i.

The point i'm trying to make is this: We were given a set of headlights to work with, and we've made a LED Angel eye system to try and overcome the shortcomings of the headlight. We are trying to offer a product that compensates for the known problems of the headlight, and you continue to point out the problems with the headlight and not the LUX kit itself.

I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make.
__________________

LUX H8 V4 - Color Adjustable Angel Eyes | LUX H8 V4 Ultimate Review
LUX will be closed from Sept 6th - Sept 21st. We will be unavailable to respond to messages during this time frame
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #31
BMWDude49120
Second Lieutenant
 
BMWDude49120's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 X3 35i M Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Niles, MI

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
I know, don't worry no offense taken, my reply was aimed mostly towards the other guy. Also, they are definitely twisted and seated in there properly, but thanks for the advice.
I thought mine were seated properly at first, too. However, in an effort to try to better balance the inner and outer ring light output, I removed the bulbs and started over. Guess what? I didn't have them seated properly the first time and had the same result as you - much brighter inner rings. After re-installing the bulbs and really paying attention this time, my inner and outer rings are very close to the same brightness - much, much better than before. In fact, they are now almost the same brightness.

My guess is that you only think you have the bulbs seated properly. Try doing them again and really pay close attention to how they go in. The three little locking lugs are not the same - one is different from the other two and this allows the bulbs to only go in one way. I know it's a pain to take everything back apart and re-install the bulbs, but if you do it right you will be much happier with your purchase. I know I am!
BMWDude49120 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #32
pampam
Boo!
 
pampam's Avatar
 
Drives: No car - Accident :(
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Home

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

When you will be able to order without waiting ?
pampam is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #33
rogerdiaz
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 528
iTrader: (2)

ne1 got HID AE vs LUX day pics head to head, anyone got up close and personal
rogerdiaz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #34
nextm5
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Bmw 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 250
iTrader: (3)

Forget about the alpines. Wait till you see the LUX vs. Mtec V3's. Might change your mind and keep $100 bucks in your pocket.
nextm5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,073
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextm5 View Post
Forget about the alpines. Wait till you see the LUX vs. Mtec V3's. Might change your mind and keep $100 bucks in your pocket.
I think you are referring to the e90 pre-lci products, which is not what this thread is about
__________________

LUX H8 V4 - Color Adjustable Angel Eyes | LUX H8 V4 Ultimate Review
LUX will be closed from Sept 6th - Sept 21st. We will be unavailable to respond to messages during this time frame
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #36
onephattai
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 176
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
I think you are referring to the e90 pre-lci products, which is not what this thread is about
LUX is so damn expensive. $250 for a pair is insane. Only dummies would buy it. So what if your AE is brighter than most but that doesn't mean it can worth a fortune. The price of these AE is more than the Phillips D1S xenon bulbs!!!
onephattai is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
Leiby_335i
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onephattai View Post
LUX is so damn expensive. $250 for a pair is insane. Only dummies would buy it. So what if your AE is brighter than most but that doesn't mean it can worth a fortune. The price of these AE is more than the Phillips D1S xenon bulbs!!!
Just buy em used. That's what I did.
Leiby_335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST