E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Do people don't respect other ppl's car when parked!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #23
e92addict
Second Lieutenant
e92addict's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
285
Posts

 
Drives: A Spaceship
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Carry valve stem removal tool with a note saying "next time don't park like an asshole"

It will take them at least an hour to get the tire re inflated and you cant be charged with vandalism.
I advise to use this at your own risk...If you're caught in the act and the owner of the car walks up and he's 6' 5" 300lb and has no reason to live; well you get the picture!

Example:
Victim: "The f*** you doing to my tires man?"
E90 guy: "Well, um...sir...you parked a little close to my car and I think caused a dent"
Victim: "Is that right?!" *proceeds to bash all your windows using YOUR head*

Think; Dave Chapelle's "When keeping it real goes wrong"
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
krnnerdboy
Colonel
krnnerdboy's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,120
Posts

 
Drives: v10 m6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: so cal

iTrader: (10)

my fav door ding story

drove my FJ cruiser to costco and parked. getting ready to exit the vehicle and I hear a thud...women comes out of car yelling at me that I dented her car(door edge bent in) she opened her door in to my rock sliders that were purposely installed for people like her and rocks JUSTICE is ohh soo sweet

__________________

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #25
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
12,334
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
my fav door ding story

drove my FJ cruiser to costco and parked. getting ready to exit the vehicle and I hear a thud...women comes out of car yelling at me that I dented her car(door edge bent in) she opened her door in to my rock sliders that were purposely installed for people like her and rocks JUSTICE is ohh soo sweet

Oh damn, I need to install those on our FJ Cruiser.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #26
335iMIAMI
Major
335iMIAMI's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,338
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92addict View Post
I advise to use this at your own risk...If you're caught in the act and the owner of the car walks up and he's 6' 5" 300lb and has no reason to live; well you get the picture!

Example:
Victim: "The f*** you doing to my tires man?"
E90 guy: "Well, um...sir...you parked a little close to my car and I think caused a dent"
Victim: "Is that right?!" *proceeds to bash all your windows using YOUR head*

Think; Dave Chapelle's "When keeping it real goes wrong"

This made me laugh so hard , I pictured this perfectly in my head. Thanks for making my day.
__________________
''Whenever I'm suffering from insomia , I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I'm straight off'' - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #27
henry418
Captain
henry418's Avatar
17
Rep
739
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (4)

Got a door ding too after a month of owning my car..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #28
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
86
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
Yeah that should work. They're pretty simple as far as tools go. Almost just an inverted flathead.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
cloakster
First Lieutenant
Canada
10
Rep
399
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM E92 View Post
The people who care about their cars will generally respect your car. So park in the corner of the lot and walk an extra thirty seconds. It's not so much about envy...more like carelessness. If you notice most people don't even hold their door when opening. The only thing you can do about that is to park further away.
Exactly what i do, its definitely worth the extra time walking to know my car is much safer
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #30
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

I agree with most of this thread about concerns of poeple parking too close. But regardless of the situation, I doubt I would ever intentionally cause damage to someone else's car.

At that point, you are really no better than they were.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Sniz's Avatar
189
Rep
10,572
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I agree with most of this thread about concerns of poeple parking too close. But regardless of the situation, I doubt I would ever intentionally cause damage to someone else's car.

At that point, you are really no better than they were.
meh, have someone park so close to you that you cant get in your own freaking car and you might change your mind.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #32
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
meh, have someone park so close to you that you cant get in your own freaking car and you might change your mind.
Please don't take offense. My comment was just a general statement towards good will.

I am no stranger to being victim of careless, clueless, or inconsiderate drivers. Here, it's worse. I'll park out in BFE and come out to find my car surrounded by pick up trucks on all sides.

My point was just, don't give in to the immediate temporary satisfaction. Pretty sure we are all better than that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #33
CAPSGOD
Major
19
Rep
1,136
Posts

 
Drives: Diesel Son
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #yolo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
I just realize that Kampfer and CAPSGOD had stories about 350Z. How funny.
Those 350Z's are cursed I'm telling you..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508026
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #34
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
NewYearsBoy's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
2,365
Posts

 
Drives: IS 300
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bradenton FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hey.. Welcome to FL...
Attached Images
 
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #35
TwinTurboXI
Major
40
Rep
1,390
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
^ yup

its up to you to protect your property. 80% of the general public doesnt care if their car door has dings so they dont care if they put one in yours.

A few weeks ago I was driving my GMC Sierra Z71 (huge truck) which isnt the easiest to park in grocery store parking lots. As a result I'll park beyond everyone by myself (I park even farther in the M3). There was NO ONE around me when I went in. When I came out, a MB e-class had parked so close on my drivers side that I could not open my drivers door to get in....this parking lot has double lines between each spot to allow for more space. The MB was IN MY SPOT over both lines.

I cliimbed in the passenger door, got in my seat, opened my drivers door and proceeded to kick the shit out of my door into their car.....twice. If your going to be that damned ignorant your going to get it.

Their mirror was damaged pretty good. I drove off, checked my truck later, not a scratch.

*sshole.

so I say again, protect your property.
When I'm at school, Ive wanted to do this soooo many times. However, I normally go to the same places and frequent the same area. In my neck of the woods, there are not too many E92's so I don't wanna push my luck.

I kinda feel some people do this on purpose just to mess with you...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #36
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
bhoch's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
486
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liberty Hill, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [4.25]
in these instances - it's really important to do some type of damage to the other persons vehicle. As we all know it was the vehicles intent and purpose to cause damage to your car and had nothing to do with the actual idiots that drove it there.

It's best to just get in the car and drive away. Live for another day.. and Yes, I have had really inconsiderate people do really inconsiderate things to me before as well. There is just way to much stuff of a lot larger importance then to do damage to someone else property.. and not to them directly.
__________________
Thanks,
Bill

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #37
e92addict
Second Lieutenant
e92addict's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
285
Posts

 
Drives: A Spaceship
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch View Post
in these instances - it's really important to do some type of damage to the other persons vehicle. As we all know it was the vehicles intent and purpose to cause damage to your car and had nothing to do with the actual idiots that drove it there.

It's best to just get in the car and drive away. Live for another day.. and Yes, I have had really inconsiderate people do really inconsiderate things to me before as well. There is just way to much stuff of a lot larger importance then to do damage to someone else property.. and not to them directly.
I don't think this is what you meant, but that's awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #38
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
bhoch's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
486
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liberty Hill, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92addict View Post
I don't think this is what you meant, but that's awesome!

Actually, what was missing is I really meant that one should never do damage to someone else property/vehicle intentionally. But, yeah.. that working does not really make one think that.
__________________
Thanks,
Bill

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #39
immiketoo
Colonel
immiketoo's Avatar
71
Rep
2,873
Posts

 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Really? I've used the valve stem removal tool trick quite a few times, but I never knew I couldn't be charged for it! Sweet.
Vandalism no, disorderly conduct yes. It's a fine line. Better off doing it like a ninja. Remember, there are cameras everywhere these days.

That said, I once left a note on my neighbor's van after he hit my truck with his ladder for the 5th or 6th time. I attached it to his hood with a 16 penny nail.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #40
Feyd
Major
Feyd's Avatar
59
Rep
1,241
Posts

 
Drives: a DEEZZULL
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Vandalism no, disorderly conduct yes. It's a fine line. Better off doing it like a ninja. Remember, there are cameras everywhere these days.

That said, I once left a note on my neighbor's van after he hit my truck with his ladder for the 5th or 6th time. I attached it to his hood with a 16 penny nail.
Yes.


Best part of your situation? "What are they gonna do, call the Cops?


"I AM the cops mutha-fuka!!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #41
immiketoo
Colonel
immiketoo's Avatar
71
Rep
2,873
Posts

 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Yes.


Best part of your situation? "What are they gonna do, call the Cops?


"I AM the cops mutha-fuka!!!"
That was a LOOOOONG time ago, I was a juvenile and I'm pretty sure the statute of limitations has expired. Wasn't always the cops
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #42
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
OBI_agent's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
106
Rep
2,103
Posts

 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
What the hell I would've dinged the shit out of his car right in front of him then told him to fuck off and stop being so materialistic.
Lol...man,I wanted to do exactly the same thing but I dunno, I wasn't in a bad mood because as I had offered my prayers. Prayers keep me cool.

But anyway, I guess he was lucky but I don't think he will be lucky if he does it the 2nd time .
__________________
11 corvette C6
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST