E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Official Houston Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #331
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,391
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
that Cobb looks awesome.

i'd be very interested in getting a dyno graph with my JB4.

i wonder if they know how to dyno AT's ?!?!
Litos - They do. I'm a friend of Dave at Secret Services and I can vouch for these guys they are among the elite in Houston when it comes to performance tuning (especially turbo cars).

In fact, once I get all my boltons installed I will be going with the COBB AP route and will eventually have it tuned at SSA (once they become a Cobb ProTuner)
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #332
TexasBmw11
Lieutenant
 
TexasBmw11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas

Posts: 442
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanderson0 View Post
Childish and classless? Right, all the Ferraris and Lambos were soooo classless! Just cuz a couple of dumbshits wreck their cars is reason not to go see the other 99% of people that are responsibly showing their cars? Pleeeease...
I would easily guess theres just as many 'kids' on this forum with their parents money that couldnt independently afford their cars...
Just sayin. I enjoyed the meet... except for the damn rain!
+1 I had a good time just wish i saw more E9xs. Only saw BillLee's ride, which i love the drop btw!
TexasBmw11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #333
tee.tran
Teehehehe.
 
tee.tran's Avatar
 
Drives: ^____^
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TX.

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanderson0 View Post
Childish and classless? Right, all the Ferraris and Lambos were soooo classless! Just cuz a couple of dumbshits wreck their cars is reason not to go see the other 99% of people that are responsibly showing their cars? Pleeeease...
I would easily guess theres just as many 'kids' on this forum with their parents money that couldnt independently afford their cars...
Just sayin.
I enjoyed the meet... except for the damn rain!
I'm one of the 'kids' on the forum, but I don't ask for my parents money for anything. My parents bought me my first car for $3k and that's it. I drove it for a year and a half. Then I sold that, and bought myself a 'better' car, modded it, drove it a little more. Then purchased a beater, so I wouldn't have to daily my other car and worry about it being stolen. Right now, I'm trying to sell my modded car and drive my beater until it dies, and get a 335i or M3 depending on how much I have once my beater dies. Hell, I might settle for a cayenne gts. I'm in no rush. (:

[/rant]

But yeah, I don't have a bmw. I just lurk this forum cause I love them so much, lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Litos - They do. I'm a friend of Dave at Secret Services and I can vouch for these guys they are among the elite in Houston when it comes to performance tuning (especially turbo cars).

In fact, once I get all my boltons installed I will be going with the COBB AP route and will eventually have it tuned at SSA (once they become a Cobb ProTuner)
For performance tuning I trust ILR, he's tuned my si. It just sucks he does mainly imports. Fastlane does domestics, but Jason (st00pid) tunes them, and he's a badass turbo guy. There's more shops out there that tune cars, it's just I trust Huy or Jason.

For BMW/MB there's a guy named Jerry from Eurocharged. He tuned my ex bf's E55.
__________________

I like puppies. Thanks jz for the sig, lol.
tee.tran is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #334
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Litos - They do. I'm a friend of Dave at Secret Services and I can vouch for these guys they are among the elite in Houston when it comes to performance tuning (especially turbo cars).

In fact, once I get all my boltons installed I will be going with the COBB AP route and will eventually have it tuned at SSA (once they become a Cobb ProTuner)
dude, i had no idea !!!!!

wanna meet up on Saturday for a dyno

i wouldn't mind dropping some coin to get some numbers.

i wish i could log though
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #335
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,391
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.tran View Post



For performance tuning I trust ILR, he's tuned my si. It just sucks he does mainly imports. Fastlane does domestics, but Jason (st00pid) tunes them, and he's a badass turbo guy. There's more shops out there that tune cars, it's just I trust Huy or Jason.

For BMW/MB there's a guy named Jerry from Eurocharged. He tuned my ex bf's E55.
I'm pretty sure Jason (st00pid) is the tuner at SSA right?
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #336
tee.tran
Teehehehe.
 
tee.tran's Avatar
 
Drives: ^____^
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TX.

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
I'm pretty sure Jason (st00pid) is the tuner at SSA right?
No, Jason no longer tunes cars..well last time I saw him was at Fastlane. But he tunes houses now. Hahah.

The tuner at SSA I believe is like "burgermass"?
__________________

I like puppies. Thanks jz for the sig, lol.
tee.tran is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #337
scott@bmwhn
Major
 
Drives: Msport 328i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,176
iTrader: (3)

Pretty good turnout at C&C...I showed up about 9:30 and there was still plenty to see. I just missed seeing the idiot wreck his GTO but I got a good laugh at him as I was leaving. I hope to see C&C take place here again in the future
__________________
13' Msport 328i _Mperformance - Modulare - H&R_

Previous: 09' Msport 335i, 07' Msport 335i
scott@bmwhn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #338
BillLee
Major General
 
BillLee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HTX

Posts: 5,226
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [0.00]
08 E90 335i  [4.65]
lol
BillLee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #339
nafoo
Major
 
nafoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.tran View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
I'm pretty sure Jason (st00pid) is the tuner at SSA right?
No, Jason no longer tunes cars..well last time I saw him was at Fastlane. But he tunes houses now. Hahah.

The tuner at SSA I believe is like "burgermass"?
Chris is the head tuner at SSA. A different Chris than the owner.
nafoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #340
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,391
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
lol
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #341
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

anyone that wears jorts and old man shoes needs to wreck ANYTHING he drives......
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #342
mcanderson0
Turbo.
 
mcanderson0's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: HTX

Posts: 77
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
anyone that wears jorts and old man shoes needs to wreck ANYTHING he drives......
__________________
2011 335i Coupe 6MT | Space Gray Metallic | Gray Dakota Leather | Dark Burl Walnut | Navigation | HK Stereo | Ipod & USB | Alarm | 25% Tint | Life is Good.
mcanderson0 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #343
Hooy
Colonel
 
Hooy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 2,765
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [2.50]
Style 197 wheels fer sale.. maybe!

Also, anyone know which of those 2 clowns was the driver?
Hooy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #344
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Style 197 wheels fer sale.. maybe!

Also, anyone know which of those 2 clowns was the driver?
the half asian/white guy with jorts, white t-shirt and old man shoes.....
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #345
baylor1er
Sic 'Em Bears
 
baylor1er's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i coupe Blk on Blk
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Waco/Houston, TX

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Once I'm back to Houston, afte college, I will have to go to the C&C at Vintage Park epsecially since I live 5min from there. Also at C&C dallas, a ferrari almost ran over a little kid. If you want to see idoits with more power than they can handle, just youtube cars and coffee crashes. I swear most of the cars have higher HP#s per cylender than the driver's IQ.
__________________

6AT/Sport Package; BMS JB4 Map5; Custom Exhaust; Eibach Pro Street Springs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNzG9ghq3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgL7yTJOd0c
baylor1er is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #346
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillLee View Post
Hey! you plan on coming back to Houston?
I wish, probably going to be a few years

Survived my first winter up here though. Car was garaged for 3 months!

Had a lot of time to install new goodies
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #347
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Litos - They do. I'm a friend of Dave at Secret Services and I can vouch for these guys they are among the elite in Houston when it comes to performance tuning (especially turbo cars).

In fact, once I get all my boltons installed I will be going with the COBB AP route and will eventually have it tuned at SSA (once they become a Cobb ProTuner)
Is SS seeing more 335i's? I think my car may have been the first 335i they had there about a year ago. At that time, they were advertising to draw more in.
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #348
ianthegreat
Colonel
 
ianthegreat's Avatar
 
Drives: n54
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh/Houston

Posts: 2,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.tran View Post
I'm one of the 'kids' on the forum, but I don't ask for my parents money for anything. My parents bought me my first car for $3k and that's it. I drove it for a year and a half. Then I sold that, and bought myself a 'better' car, modded it, drove it a little more. Then purchased a beater, so I wouldn't have to daily my other car and worry about it being stolen. Right now, I'm trying to sell my modded car and drive my beater until it dies, and get a 335i or M3 depending on how much I have once my beater dies. Hell, I might settle for a cayenne gts. I'm in no rush. (:

[/rant]

But yeah, I don't have a bmw. I just lurk this forum cause I love them so much, lol.
All good, I lurked this forum for 7-8 months before I purchased mine!
ianthegreat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #349
nafoo
Major
 
nafoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post
Is SS seeing more 335i's? I think my car may have been the first 335i they had there about a year ago. At that time, they were advertising to draw more in.
Yeah, they're trying to move into the 335 market.

Only thing is that most of you Houston 335s have JB3/4s for some reason.
nafoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #350
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,391
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Yeah, they're trying to move into the 335 market.

Only thing is that most of you Houston 335s have JB3/4s for some reason.
maybe because we dont wana pay 1300 bucks for a flash tune thats not easily removed for dealer visits...

but if they become a COBB ProTuner... its on like donkey kongg biattch!!!
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #351
nafoo
Major
 
nafoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Boosted Bimmer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
maybe because we dont wana pay 1300 bucks for a flash tune thats not easily removed for dealer visits...

but if they become a COBB ProTuner... its on like donkey kongg biattch!!!
Cobb's only $800-900 depending on the vendor and a hell of a lot easier to remove than JB3/4
nafoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #352
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,391
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Cobb's only $800-900 depending on the vendor and a hell of a lot easier to remove than JB3/4
yea i know that but the flash tune that SSA currently does is not
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST