E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 800 horse power Mustang on the way for 2012 !!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #23
krnboy817
Major
krnboy817's Avatar
South Korea
13
Rep
1,012
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DFW texas

iTrader: (3)

outer performance mustang
my friends 2011 mustang... 680whp i think... not bad car for the money i think. but then... has over 80k spent from what he tells me.





not my taste in cars tho.
__________________

driving is poetry in motion.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #24
jj thumper
Private First Class
jj thumper's Avatar
8
Rep
166
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oakland Ca

iTrader: (0)

Awesome, another super duper special edition.

Ford is doing great now, just stop with these dumb mustangs editions
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #25
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj thumper View Post
Awesome, another super duper special edition.

Ford is doing great now, just stop with these dumb mustangs editions
What other "dumb editions" are there?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #26
Kartelli
Private First Class
Canada
4
Rep
196
Posts

 
Drives: 15 AW M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB

iTrader: (0)

03-04 Cobra's will be in the same legendary category as 98 supra twin turbo's in the next 10 years or so.

While I wouldn't own a mustang, I can appreciate all those that do. 800hp is asking for trouble for the average joe or first time high performance buyer.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #27
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
330
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj thumper View Post
Awesome, another super duper special edition.

Ford is doing great now, just stop with these dumb mustangs editions
I can't imagine a car enthusiast ever complaining about a company wanting to issue a production vehicle with 800hp. Oh wait those people exist; they're called fanboys.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT

Last edited by Year's_End; 04-08-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #28
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
143
Rep
4,765
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
What other "dumb editions" are there?
Yeah really, it's not like we're talking about the E9X...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #29
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
330
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Yeah really, it's not like we're talking about the E9X...
C'mon bro, the 'Matte', 'Edition', 'Frozen Grey Track', 'Fire Orange ZCP', 'Tiger', 'Pure', and '25th Anniversary Matte' editions of the M3 are all totally legit. Seriously, they come with exclusive contrast stitching and caliper colors! A couple of those even have an extra 30bhp!!!!!
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #30
Wes Howell
Ex Gulf Livery E92 Guy
12
Rep
499
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Find me on Instagram #weshowell

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosx View Post
$80k rustang with no warranty? I'd rather have a Z06 for my money.
AMEN. And I'd take an M3 over the Z06.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #31
SnakeKiller
Private
1
Rep
99
Posts

 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
C'mon bro, the 'Matte', 'Edition', 'Frozen Grey Track', 'Fire Orange ZCP', 'Tiger', 'Pure', and '25th Anniversary Matte' editions of the M3 are all totally legit. Seriously, they come with exclusive contrast stitching and caliper colors! A couple of those even have an extra 30bhp!!!!!
LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #32
jj thumper
Private First Class
jj thumper's Avatar
8
Rep
166
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oakland Ca

iTrader: (0)

Yea BMW M3 editions are dumb too.

More than any other car the mustang seems to be in the news with new special editions, Parnelli Jones, California CS, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500, GT500 KR, Boss 302, Rouch mustangs, Saleen mustangs shall I go on? Then you got the normal GT, V6's and such.

Im not complaining as an enthusiast, however, ever tried to buy one of these ? Oh yea the dealer want thousands over sticker. Not exactly enthusiast friendly

Oh and I drive a BMW, love apple products, and wear Oakley sunglasses and own 3 stupid expensive watches, but dont throw around the fanboy term. you hurt my feelings

Last edited by jj thumper; 04-08-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #33
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
330
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj thumper View Post
Yea BMW M3 editions are dumb too.

More than any other car the mustang seems to be in the news with new special editions, Parnelli Jones, California CS, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500, GT500 KR, Boss 302, Rouch mustangs, Saleen mustangs shall I go on? Then you got the normal GT, V6's and such.

Im not complaining as an enthusiast, however, ever tried to buy one of these ? Oh yea the dealer want thousands over sticker. Not exactly enthusiast friendly

Oh and I drive a BMW, love apple products, and wear Oakley sunglasses and own 3 stupid expensive watches, but dont throw around the fanboy term. you hurt my feelings
All I'm saying is, issued by Ford, we have:
-V6 Mustang 305bhp
-5.0 GT 412bhp
-Boss 302 (and Laguna Seca) 440bhp
-GT500 550bhp
-GT500 Super Snake 800bhp

Wtf is wrong with that? They've covered all the grounds. There are more choices for us in the end.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #34
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
87
Rep
6,815
Posts

 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
All I'm saying is, issued by Ford, we have:
-V6 Mustang 305bhp
-5.0 GT 412bhp
-Boss 302 (and Laguna Seca) 440bhp
-GT500 550bhp
-GT500 Super Snake 800bhp

Wtf is wrong with that? They've covered all the grounds. There are more choices for us in the end.
Exactly this. If people are throwing Roush, Saleen, Steeda, etc... in there, then we've got to go ahead and include Dinan, Hamann, Hartge, etc... Every single edition listed above has a specific purpose, and more importantly, serves it extremely well. What platform in the BMW lineup successfully shows this kind of versatility? There isn't one.

On the other hand, BMW's recent special editions have been nothing more than "must-have-because-it's-rare-even-though-it's-still-pretty-much-the-same-goddamn-thing-as-the-regular-edition". Blingier wheels, special paint, an extra button that sets shock bound and rebound to infinity....
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #35
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
330
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Exactly this. If people are throwing Roush, Saleen, Steeda, etc... in there, then we've got to go ahead and include Dinan, Hamann, Hartge, etc... Every single edition listed above has a specific purpose, and more importantly, serves it extremely well. What platform in the BMW lineup successfully shows this kind of versatility? There isn't one.

On the other hand, BMW's recent special editions have been nothing more than "must-have-because-it's-rare-even-though-it's-still-pretty-much-the-same-goddamn-thing-as-the-regular-edition". Blingier wheels, special paint, an extra button that sets shock bound and rebound to infinity....
LOL

And a video just came out recently by IL that pretty much shows how versatile the performance of the range is.

__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #36
blue2fire
Brigadier General
blue2fire's Avatar
Cayman Islands
73
Rep
4,289
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

iTrader: (8)

Meh about the rest of it. The Boss still seems to be the best of the Mustangs. I wish some other company is interested in making such a car. Cant have a Ford, or a Mustang.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #37
jj thumper
Private First Class
jj thumper's Avatar
8
Rep
166
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oakland Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
All I'm saying is, issued by Ford, we have:
-V6 Mustang 305bhp
-5.0 GT 412bhp
-Boss 302 (and Laguna Seca) 440bhp
-GT500 550bhp
-GT500 Super Snake 800bhp

Wtf is wrong with that? They've covered all the grounds. There are more choices for us in the end.
Yea, true. Like i said, Ford is doing great. Maybe im just butthurt at shitty dealers.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #38
SnakeKiller
Private
1
Rep
99
Posts

 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
All I'm saying is, issued by Ford, we have:
-GT500 Super Snake 800bhp

Wtf is wrong with that? They've covered all the grounds. There are more choices for us in the end.
GT500 Super Snake is only a shelby product, 800hp is great but for 100K you can get the Shelby GT500 CodeRed 1200hpTT
link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHX9GQwQcE

-V6 Mustang 305bhp
-5.0 GT 412bhp
-Boss 302 (and Laguna Seca) 440bhp
-GT500 550bhp
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #39
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

For $100k I'd rather have this.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/aud...i&distance=any
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #40
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
Chenry135's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
304
Posts

 
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga

iTrader: (0)

^ personally I don't think you should compare a used car though. But that is pretty sick!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #41
blender
Custom User Title
blender's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
663
Posts

 
Drives: black
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: n

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post

^WHS +1 ...the R8 is a better driving experience in every way.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 02:32 AM   #42
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
330
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclem05 View Post
^WHS +1 ...the R8 is a better driving experience in every way.
Not fair comparing new vs used. That opens up a million different options.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
^ personally I don't think you should compare a used car though. But that is pretty sick!
+1 to both statements. Love the fact that you can get an R8 for a hair under 100k now!
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #43
CAPSGOD
Major
19
Rep
1,136
Posts

 
Drives: Diesel Son
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #yolo

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Elmo from Brooklyn View Post
I love the blue. That is the best looking Mustang I've seen. The GT's are a bit bland looking imo.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST