E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMS CDV Delete; nobody wants to install?

04-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
MaximusJ
Colonel

Drives: 325i 2006

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
BMS CDV Delete; nobody wants to install?

I'm handy when it comes down to it (I installed all my mods by myself; except for the welding), but bleeding brake fluid line and topping it out with the bit of lost fluid pushed me to this conclusion. Since there's a risk of oil leak when doing that mod in solo, i've decided to pay for it instead of ruining my driveway and swearing for an hour and most likely more then that.

There is no BMW tuning shops within 300km and all the garages specialized in transmissons pretty much told me that "if its not broken, we wont touch it". Especially when I told how much time its supposed to take.

So i'm kinda running out of options here. I guess i'm gonna wait until I go to Bimmershop in Monteal for my AA fix later this summer and ask them to do that mod at the same time. But I guessed I would post the question here to get some ideas to help me getting this done locally.

Anybody can chime in?
MaximusJ is offline   Canada
      04-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
kamek
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [4.10]
Send a message via AIM to kamek
No luck in Canada region forums? That's strange that no one will do it for you...

E92 328xi | KW | AA | LUX | OEM 359M | BMW Performance Exhaust
kamek is offline   United_States
      04-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
MaximusJ
Colonel

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
I tried but the closest shops I had been vouched for are in Montreal and even further
      04-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
twistedm3
Enlisted Member

Drives: E90 330i

Bleeding brakes and changing the out the CDV are really easy to do. You just need a good set of "flare nut" wrenches, a brake bleeder like the one from Motive Products (ECS Tuning and others carry them), ramps or jack and jack stand. The hardest part is getting under the car and removing the under trays.

To prevent the brake fluid from running out as you change the CDV, remove the float switch from the brake fluid reservoir, fill the reservoir to the rim with brake fluid, cover the opening with saran wrap and screw the cap to the brake bleed onto the reservoir. This should create a seal and prevent the fluid from running out.
twistedm3 is offline   United_States
      04-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
MaximusJ
Colonel

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Honestly, that's gonna cost me more then having a shop doing it for me. Besides, my driveway is not DIY-friendly. It got an angle and I cant jack cars there.

Almost makes me wanna bust my CDV and ask them to repair it and provide the part ahah.