E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > does cpo warranty cover???

04-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
dirtdiver
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 07 e90

does cpo warranty cover???

Hi guys! My car is still under CPO warranty. I want to know does it cover suspension??? My suspension is harsh. I really wanna get it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
hpowders
911/328i Fanatic
Rep

Drives: BMW 328i

You are in luck. The CPO warranty covers both front and rear suspension. $50 for each repair from you should do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
dirtdiver
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
You are in luck. The CPO warranty covers both front and rear suspension. $50 for each repair from you should do it.
R u serious??? Hahaha. This absolutely A GOOD NEW FOR ME.. thank you so much. Cuz I was thinking to buy a new suspension myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
landau88
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiver View Post
Quote:
R u serious??? Hahaha. This absolutely A GOOD NEW FOR ME.. thank you so much. Cuz I was thinking to buy a new suspension myself.
I would think that your dealership is gonna have to identify something wrong with your suspension before replacing it...I doubt they will replace it just because it "feels harsh" to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
CalBear_335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: LCI 335i M-Sport

they don't cover wear and tear items... depends on the dealership... I've always read the CPO to cover power train (engine, tranny, etc)...
      04-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
hpowders
911/328i Fanatic
Rep

BMW specifically states on its "covered items" for CPO-front and rear suspension.

However as was mentioned, BMW will NOT do a suspension overhaul just because someone feels it's a bit harsh. The suspension must be defective.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
dirtdiver
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
BMW specifically states on its "covered items" for CPO-front and rear suspension.

However as was mentioned, BMW will NOT do a suspension overhaul just because someone feels it's a bit harsh. The suspension must be defective.
Thank you!!!! But how do I know my suspension is defected?? is there any way??? I really can't enjoy my ride. I hear the noise ("squeaky sound" u know what I means) under my car when I drive through a speed bump. And potholes even worst. Everytime when I drive through it."bam". I though my car is gonna fall apart. Even bumpy road I still feel so rough. I had a few loaner before. But none of those cars gave me that kind of feeling....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
kyleJB328
coast2coast
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 E90 SG/OY-'08 E70 BS/B

I noticed you are in Mass (land of the potholes and high taxes) I actually brought my car in and had the front bushings changed because my car was making a 'crunch' noise when I would go over speed bumps at slow speeds. Naturally, the 'WHACKKK' - 'BAMMMM' - 'WABOOOM' noises going over bumps/pot holes are all common with stock e90's, esp with sport packages. The run flat tires and sport tuned suspensions do not creat the most refined riding car. My car makes these noises and so do my friends. I would still have the dealer check it out, but if you ultimately want to create a better riding car, it's the tires- not suspension. Look into getting non-run flat tires.
      04-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #9
ABerry
Banned
Rep

Drives: e92 | n54

awesome news
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
hpowders
911/328i Fanatic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiver View Post
Thank you!!!! But how do I know my suspension is defected?? is there any way??? I really can't enjoy my ride. I hear the noise ("squeaky sound" u know what I means) under my car when I drive through a speed bump. And potholes even worst. Everytime when I drive through it."bam". I though my car is gonna fall apart. Even bumpy road I still feel so rough. I had a few loaner before. But none of those cars gave me that kind of feeling....
Unfortunately, what you describe is typical. I get the same results as you do. So do many others. I hit a pothole or depressed manhole cover, and it feels like my whole car is falling apart and I must have major damage. But it's not-it's just the suspension.

I don't like it either-but unfortunately there's nothing to fix.

Some folks go with non-RFT's and get a bit of improvement.
Appreciate 0