E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > About to order 335is - need some opinions...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
asifjahmed
Private
0
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (0)

Talking About to order 335is - need some opinions...

Hi all -

Well, I'm REALLLLY close to pulling the trigger on ordering a 335is. Got the financing worked out and all. Just a couple of points of indecision...

Firstly, the things I AM sure of:

-Le Mans Blue
-Premium, Cold weather, HK audio, Nav, DCT

Ok, now here is where I need help deciding:

1) INTERIOR COLOR: Its come down to cream beige or oyster/black.

Cream beige:
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...8&d=1264005452

Oyster/black:
http://i.imgur.com/4djl6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8iWjP.jpg

2) WHEELS- I am having a REALLY hard time deciding between the 18" and 19" (both 313 style). The 19s are only 1k more - my only concern is that it will make the ride too harsh. Thoughts??


Thanks for your opinions/thoughts/suggestions guys! Getting EXCITED

-Jamie

Last edited by asifjahmed; 04-19-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: punctuation
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Alex_bm
Captain
Canada
9
Rep
806
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada, Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Can't help with your color choises, that's completely personal.

I test drove 335is convertible with 19's and it was too harsh for my liking, but the extra weight might have been a factor.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Beige is disgusting. And get the 19s.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
dryicerx
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
382
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Kick ass choice!

I think the Oyster/Black is the best/sexy combination. But then again, I maybe biased since the second two pics are from my car
Go to the dealership and look at a few cars in person with those different interior colors... way better than comparing using photos.

In regards to the wheels, the 19s look a little better, but the ride quality will suffer also a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
asifjahmed
Private
0
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_bm View Post
Can't help with your color choises, that's completely personal.

I test drove 335is convertible with 19's and it was too harsh for my liking, but the extra weight might have been a factor.
Thanks - yeah, I was worried the 19's would make for a rougher ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Beige is disgusting. And get the 19s.
LOL - Tell me how you really feel! No really, thanks for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryicerx View Post
Kick ass choice!

I think the Oyster/Black is the best/sexy combination. But then again, I maybe biased since the second two pics are from my car
Go to the dealership and look at a few cars in person with those different interior colors... way better than comparing using photos.

In regards to the wheels, the 19s look a little better, but the ride quality will suffer also a little bit.
...by the way, can I use your pics?? Awesome shots of oyster/black on a 335is BTW!!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
okevino
MR x.
Canada
3
Rep
165
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335is DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Beige is disgusting. And get the 19s.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
dryicerx
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
382
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifjahmed View Post
...by the way, can I use your pics?? Awesome shots of oyster/black on a 335is BTW!!
haha sure, no prob.

You should consider doing a Euro delivery if possible Take the 335is for a spin where it really belongs, the alps mountain passes.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
wren57
Roll Tide
wren57's Avatar
30
Rep
1,593
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down South

iTrader: (8)

Black interior.

Get the 18s, sell them and use that $$$ + the $1k to get some sweet aftermarket rims.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
MB135i
Major
MB135i's Avatar
34
Rep
1,005
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
Black interior.

Get the 18s, sell them and use that $$$ + the $1k to get some sweet aftermarket rims.
exactly
__________________
Past: 2008 EVO X GSR |AERO|SSS|SPORT|COBB AP STAGE 1|
Past: 2008 BMW 135i |SPORT|COBB AP STAGE 1|
Current: 2007 BMW 335i E92 |SPORT|PREM|COLD|NAV|AS|COBB AP STAGE 1|
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #10
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB135i View Post
exactly
19" 313 > most aftermarket rims
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #11
asifjahmed
Private
0
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
Black interior.

Get the 18s, sell them and use that $$$ + the $1k to get some sweet aftermarket rims.
Thanks, but no thanks. I have black right now, and like it - but want something different. My options are already narrowed down...

As for the rims, I think part of the reason I'm springing for the 335is as opposed to a standard 335i is the wheels. I like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB135i View Post
exactly
^^ditto
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
36
Rep
3,398
Posts

 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

that cream beige is beige overload. there is too much of it.

the oyster/black looks much, much better to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
asifjahmed
Private
0
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (0)

OK - Interior has been decided - OYSTER/BLACK!!!!

Still not decided on 18" vs 19" rims though....
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

19

now go away
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
ZoomZoom
Lieutenant
Germany
5
Rep
488
Posts

 
Drives: 11 335i, 09 XC90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ramstein AB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
19" 313 > most aftermarket rims
This.

And yes beige is to much.
__________________
2011 335i Coupe
Le Mans Blue/Loaded/19in 269's

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
TotalPower
Lieutenant
9
Rep
471
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335is Vert AW
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

i have purchased aftermarket rims for all of my old cars/ trucks and i wouldn't change the 18"s on the 335is. The ride quality is perfect and think that not only is it 1k more for the 19" but then changing tires are more expensive, pot holes are more costly...honestly I would stick with the 18"s that look great.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalPower View Post
i have purchased aftermarket rims for all of my old cars/ trucks and i wouldn't change the 18"s on the 335is. The ride quality is perfect and think that not only is it 1k more for the 19" but then changing tires are more expensive, pot holes are more costly...honestly I would stick with the 18"s that look great.
But if gets the 19's, his 19s will be hotter than your 18s.

We already know 19 fitment is sick.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
KevinJ
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
397
Posts

 
Drives: 2k11 335is
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

In retrospect.

I would have preferred the 19's. The rear 18" wheels look a little small. My old car I just adjusted the rear tire size when they wore out which helped. The only thing I know is that 19's will make the car probably .1 mph slower. I saw a couple of comments that 19's were actually a better ride than the 18's when they switched. +1 on the cost of replacing. If you damage a rim or replace tires, the 19's are more expensive. To me it appeared that the 19's did not fit the tires well and the edge guard was reduced compared to the tires on the 18's.

Personally I like the two-tone better from your color choices. The cream has two cream tones to it leather versus the rest of the door panel makes it look odd. You really need to like cream.

If you have an iPod, I would recommend adding 6NR or regret it after since you can't add it easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifjahmed View Post
Hi all -

Well, I'm REALLLLY close to pulling the trigger on ordering a 335is. Got the financing worked out and all. Just a couple of points of indecision...

Firstly, the things I AM sure of:

-Le Mans Blue
-Premium, Cold weather, HK audio, Nav, DCT

Ok, now here is where I need help deciding:

1) INTERIOR COLOR: Its come down to cream beige or oyster/black.

Cream beige:
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...8&d=1264005452

Oyster/black:
http://i.imgur.com/4djl6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8iWjP.jpg

2) WHEELS- I am having a REALLY hard time deciding between the 18" and 19" (both 313 style). The 19s are only 1k more - my only concern is that it will make the ride too harsh. Thoughts??


Thanks for your opinions/thoughts/suggestions guys! Getting EXCITED

-Jamie
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
coh4777
Lieutenant
10
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Oyster/black + 19s
__________________
COH4777
2007 335i Coupe - Jet Black / Coral Red / Aluminum Trim / 6MT / Sport / Premium / CA / Navi / iPod + USB

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
ttm013
Private First Class
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: so cal

iTrader: (0)

both interiors look badass... i think oyster/black has a slight edge because of the nice contrast and it won't be a b!tch to clean/maintain.

19's for sure tho...

congrats on the ride.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #21
wren57
Roll Tide
wren57's Avatar
30
Rep
1,593
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down South

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
19" 313 > most aftermarket rims


BBS, iForged and Morr all make rims that look nicer and are as tough as the 313.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
Black interior.

Get the 18s, sell them and use that $$$ + the $1k to get some sweet aftermarket rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asifjahmed View Post
Thanks, but no thanks. I have black right now, and like it - but want something different. My options are already narrowed down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by asifjahmed View Post
OK - Interior has been decided - OYSTER/BLACK!!!!

So you didn't want black, then suddenly you decide on black?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #22
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
77
Rep
5,047
Posts

 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post


BBS, iForged and Morr all make rims that look nicer and are as tough as the 313.








So you didn't want black, then suddenly you decide on black?
I never said there werent rims that look nicer. I personally like the 313s better than most BBS. I dont like iforged. Morr has some sick wheels. But they are all $$.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335is, cream beige, oyster

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST