E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > RETROFIT cruise control ON E90



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #45
Mallard
4 pot warrior
 
Mallard's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 318I
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DENMARK

Posts: 1,307
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beumari View Post
Moro!

Miten tuo homma lopulta sujui ja mitä maksoi? mulla kun on sama ongelma 330iA vm. 2006 kanssa. Niin ja missä teetit? Joka kyläpaja ei varmaan noita osaa asennuksia tehdäkään.
Google Translated

"Moro!

How does this thing finally went and what the cost? when I got the same problem 330iA vm. With 2006. Oh, and what teetit? Every village smithy is certainly part of the installation wizard out. "
__________________

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Mallard is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #46
Pry
Private
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Finland

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beumari View Post
Moro!

Miten tuo homma lopulta sujui ja mitä maksoi? mulla kun on sama ongelma 330iA vm. 2006 kanssa. Niin ja missä teetit? Joka kyläpaja ei varmaan noita osaa asennuksia tehdäkään.
He/she asked who did the installation and how much it ended up to cost.

The work was done by BMW service in Lappeenranta. They had to replace the instrument cluster so it ended up to cost around 1600 €. They said there is variance between the different year models so it may not be possible to retrofit the CC for every 335i.
Another BMW service said it can't be done as it's not listed as an official retrofit for the car.
Everything works fine now and I find the CC very useful.

roughly the same in Finnish:
Moi, asennus onnistui hyvin ja asennus tuli maksamaan muistaakseni n. 1600 euroa. Asennus tehtiin Lappeenrannassa. Ylimääräiset 600 euroa hintaan tuli, kun selvisi, että myös mittaristo täytyy vaihtaa ulkoisesti täysin samanlaiseen mittaristoon. Jarrullinen vakionopeudensäädinhän vaatii mittariston, jossa on pilkku, joka osoittaa mittarissa valitun nopeuden. 335i:ssä on tuo pilkun vaatima kehä jo vakiona, mutta sitä ei pystynyt kytkemään käyttöön vaihtamatta koko mittaristoa.
Toisessa BMW huollossa, josta kysyin, sanottiin, etteivät tee jälkiasennusta, koska jokin tietokoneohjelma ei listaa sitä jälkiasennusmahdollisuudeksi.
Asennus on kuulemma riippuvaista auton vuosimallista ja isompikoneisiin täytyy asentaa tuo kalliimpi jarrullinen säädin, joten en mene takuuseen että kyseinen projekti onnistuu yhtä helposti sinun autoosi.
Toivotaan, että kaikki menee hyvin ja saat vakionopeudensäätimen asennettua.

Last edited by Pry; 05-10-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Pry is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #47
bmwjas
Registered
 
Drives: E90 330dA
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Hi

Can someone please let me know if this is possibile, i have E90 330dA with Cruise control with brake function ( serial in 6cyl) and i would like to upgrade to Adaptive Cruise Control ( ACC ) .

What all do i have to get from this list of parts
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E9...ruise_control/

If i get all the parts from a crashed car, and if the BMW service reprogram the ECU , will this work? On the dashboard i see the icon ( http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...s_acc_stop.jpg ) , but i am not sure if it lights up on test mode.

Mallard i see that u know a lot about this stuff ( i just read more then 20 diferent forums and almost no good anwsers )
bmwjas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #48
Mallard
4 pot warrior
 
Mallard's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 318I
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DENMARK

Posts: 1,307
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.00]
seing as you have the dynamic module in already, the job is a lot easier , but the ACC is rediculously expensive from new (and depending on the damage sustained on the used version if it is even useable) , calibration required for the acc sensor is very complicated

your Vin spec will need to be re-written to have the 541 option
and because the sensor is not a retrofit item, ive no idea how the wiring should look for this

Looking into the WDS here may be of assistance
http://www.spaghetticoder.org/bmw/wds/e90/

also calibration
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/09/09/50

and removal / install
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/09/09/51
__________________

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Mallard is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #49
bmwjas
Registered
 
Drives: E90 330dA
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
seing as you have the dynamic module in already, the job is a lot easier , but the ACC is rediculously expensive from new (and depending on the damage sustained on the used version if it is even useable)
The one i will get, is not damaged at all, the veichle was burned in the back side, so the front is not damged ( but some stuff was already sold, so i think i will not get the wiring from that car)



Quote:
calibration required for the acc sensor is very complicated
your Vin spec will need to be re-written to have the 541 option
I guess this can be done at the BMW service after it's mounted??

Quote:
and because the sensor is not a retrofit item, ive no idea how the wiring should look for this
yeah, that's that worries me, BMW ussaly dont leaves and "free cables" like some other brands do.In worst case scenario i will have to buy new cables, but i'm hoping just to find the correct pins on the conector and plug them in.It would help to get some wiring plans or maybe find a car with working ACC.


So just to be sure, now i only have to get the ACC sensor and mounting stuff, wiring and correct coding, wright?


Quote:
Looking into the WDS here may be of assistance
http://www.spaghetticoder.org/bmw/wds/e90/

also calibration
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/09/09/50

and removal / install
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/09/09/51
bmwjas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #50
Mallard
4 pot warrior
 
Mallard's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 318I
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DENMARK

Posts: 1,307
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.00]
I dont think the wiring is as easy as you imagine..
There may be a need to "create" the wiring for the ACC sensor..
And this is where the true "secret" lies mabey

As for fitment / calibration, BMW should be able to do this , if they want to that is .

You are no closer to getting this done my friend, so be aware that an invenstment in all the ACC parts may just be money down the drain.

.. athough it just might be enough to do it

.. but i doubt it
__________________

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Mallard is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2011, 02:39 AM   #51
Marconi
New Member
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Mallard

Hi. I can't see your post http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=13 to be exact the pics. Can you please repost those pics so I can know what parts to order. I have a '10 4cyl E90 and the dealer is of no help.
Marconi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #52
Mallard
4 pot warrior
 
Mallard's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 318I
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DENMARK

Posts: 1,307
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.00]
hi, yeah sorry i dont have them any more
__________________

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Mallard is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #53
Marconi
New Member
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

No problem.
Marconi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #54
Malbolge
Major General
 
Malbolge's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: EE

Posts: 5,204
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Mallard,
Coming back to older question, you said for 4 cyl it should be possible? So the whole thing is about finding a used column stalk from 320d and retrofitting it - they are cheap in germany, couple hundred euros give or take. is that really it? My car is 2006 build, and dealer going by VIN said it's possible to get this thing installed with a retrofit kit (he refused to give part number but said it's the module for steering column and a plastic cover).

So you reckon on 4 cyl it's a simple retrofit then?

Also, when people say dyanic cruise control do they mean just the regular CC that holds the speed? As opposed to ACC which is keeping same distance to car in front, requires a radar in grille, etc. Appreciate your feedback, you seem to know this well!
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Malbolge is offline   Estonia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #55
Mallard
4 pot warrior
 
Mallard's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 318I
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DENMARK

Posts: 1,307
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by research View Post
Mallard,
Coming back to older question, you said for 4 cyl it should be possible? So the whole thing is about finding a used column stalk from 320d and retrofitting it - they are cheap in germany, couple hundred euros give or take. is that really it? My car is 2006 build, and dealer going by VIN said it's possible to get this thing installed with a retrofit kit (he refused to give part number but said it's the module for steering column and a plastic cover).

So you reckon on 4 cyl it's a simple retrofit then?

Also, when people say dyanic cruise control do they mean just the regular CC that holds the speed? As opposed to ACC which is keeping same distance to car in front, requires a radar in grille, etc. Appreciate your feedback, you seem to know this well!
hello mate

Yeah this is old news now
I / we´ve fitted a good few recently (10+) in the past 2 months and theres been no issues

As i can see , on the 4 cyls, 540 regular cc is the only option
If you want the same function on the 6 cyl, this is also possible without any hardware upgrades

its only when you start looking into dynamic cc, that it gets difficult

But coding a used is poss
You´ll need an autologic, as its the easiest imo

program the DSC
Program the SZL contact (cruise control arm part) to the car under retrofit / CIP
Reallign the steering angle sensor , and job done
__________________

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Mallard is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #56
Malbolge
Major General
 
Malbolge's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: EE

Posts: 5,204
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I have a 320d, no cc. Thinking of buying a used CC stalk, and order from dealer the lower part.

Do you think the dealer be able to code the car if the stalk is installed by mechanic? Or this is something dealer wouldn't do (i.e. they will only do the retrofit but don't want this used lego stuff). My dealer at least on phone didn't want to give part number of the stalk, said there is a retrofit and that's it.
__________________
'07 TiAg BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si / Everything
Malbolge is offline   Estonia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #57
Mallard
4 pot warrior
 
Mallard's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 318I
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DENMARK

Posts: 1,307
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by research View Post
I have a 320d, no cc. Thinking of buying a used CC stalk, and order from dealer the lower part.

Do you think the dealer be able to code the car if the stalk is installed by mechanic? Or this is something dealer wouldn't do (i.e. they will only do the retrofit but don't want this used lego stuff). My dealer at least on phone didn't want to give part number of the stalk, said there is a retrofit and that's it.
thats shameful on BMws behalf. as it says on the ETK how to install the unit.. :?

but its poss to fit a used item yes, we have done it
__________________

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Mallard is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2011, 04:09 AM   #58
matgen1
New Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: france

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Hello,

At first i a m french and my english is so bad... excuse me

I have a bought 335d in deutschland. This car haven't got CC.
I have ask my dealer for retrofit and he says that is not possible.
I read in this thread that a lot of people can retrofit 6 cyl car.
If in unterstand the problem with 6 cyl is the braking function.


Can i retrofit CC on 6 cyl without braking function?

If it's possible, i must replace:

-Kombi
-cluster
-trim
-?

I think that coding is necessery?


Second option:
Universal cruise control like this:
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cru...olkitguide.htm

But this CC must be link with speed wire and i can't found this wire?
can you help me?


thank you
matgen1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #59
matgen1
New Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: france

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matgen1 View Post
Hello,

At first i a m french and my english is so bad... excuse me

I have a bought 335d in deutschland. This car haven't got CC.
I have ask my dealer for retrofit and he says that is not possible.
I read in this thread that a lot of people can retrofit 6 cyl car.
If in unterstand the problem with 6 cyl is the braking function.


Can i retrofit CC on 6 cyl without braking function?

If it's possible, i must replace:

-Kombi
-cluster
-trim
-?

I think that coding is necessery?


Second option:
Universal cruise control like this:
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cru...olkitguide.htm

But this CC must be link with speed wire and i can't found this wire?
can you help me?


thank you
matgen1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #60
matgen1
New Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: france

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

up
matgen1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #61
matgen1
New Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: france

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

up
matgen1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #62
matgen1
New Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: france

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

up
matgen1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #63
steinram
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 E90 325ia
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norway

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 325ia  [0.00]
I have just had my 08 325i a retrofitted with cruise control with braking function at Autowåx Bil AB. This is the BMW dealer in Karlstad Sweden.

It cost approx SEK 17'
steinram is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #64
Bucketeer
Registered
 
Drives: 320D SE Auto Saloon
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brighton, UK

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

All,

Great thread, I have a 320D 2009 with no cruise control, so it looks like I am in with a decent chance of retro fitting it. Does anyone have any UK contacts that would be able to cover the software side please?

Thankyou

Keith
Bucketeer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #65
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,540
iTrader: (46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketeer
All,

Great thread, I have a 320D 2009 with no cruise control, so it looks like I am in with a decent chance of retro fitting it. Does anyone have any UK contacts that would be able to cover the software side please?

Thankyou

Keith
Keith
If you go on to Uk section of this forum, you will find all the information.
I have retrofit a cc on one car as well.
You can add cc stalk yourself and later get it coded.
__________________
makkan00 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #66
Bucketeer
Registered
 
Drives: 320D SE Auto Saloon
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brighton, UK

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

makkan00

Thank you very much,

Keith
Bucketeer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST