E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Please help with coding TAIL light retrofit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-12-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
larry_bml
Private
larry_bml's Avatar
0
Rep
77
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320d Steptronic 2007
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Romania - Pitesti

iTrader: (0)

Please help with coding TAIL light retrofit

Hello, I know this is a 3 series forum, but please help me, I have to cancel the 6V voltage from parking light and brake light for an E60 with LMA1 light module. Can you help me please ?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
freefly
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: fl

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
xxxjecxxx
Captain
xxxjecxxx's Avatar
66
Rep
811
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 06 325i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (1)

Post a copy of your trace file. I'm not promising anything but i'll take a look
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Turn off bulb monitoring checks for the ones that aren't working how they're supposed to.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #5
larry_bml
Private
larry_bml's Avatar
0
Rep
77
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320d Steptronic 2007
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Romania - Pitesti

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx View Post
Post a copy of your trace file. I'm not promising anything but i'll take a look
Thank you, I'm waiting for your answer, maybe you can figure out, how can I cancel that permanent 6V voltage from brake light and parking light.

Last edited by larry_bml; 03-13-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
xxxjecxxx
Captain
xxxjecxxx's Avatar
66
Rep
811
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 06 325i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (1)

As stated above, just turn off the bulb checks that should take care of it. You can't specifically say "turn off voltage to XX device"

Check our the first post here, there is a spreadsheet and there it shows you which ones you need to turn off.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
CasperSYTFU
SYTFU Crew
CasperSYTFU's Avatar
No_Country
13
Rep
1,180
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Toyota FJ
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
Thank you, I'm waiting for your answer, maybe you can figure out, how can I cancel that permanent 6V voltage from brake light and parking light.
Although I'm not particularly sure what the BLK_Z is I'd try changing these:

Code:
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	aktiv
to these:

Code:
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	nicht_aktiv
I was looking for SL_H_L and SL_H_R which refers to rear parking but i think the signal function as parking lights? Anyway simple way to try and then change back if it doesnt work.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
xxxjecxxx
Captain
xxxjecxxx's Avatar
66
Rep
811
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 06 325i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperSYTFU View Post
Although I'm not particularly sure what the BLK_Z is I'd try changing these:

Code:
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	aktiv
to these:

Code:
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_L
	nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_Z_R
	nicht_aktiv
I was looking for SL_H_L and SL_H_R which refers to rear parking but i think the signal function as parking lights? Anyway simple way to try and then change back if it doesnt work.
exactly.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
larry_bml
Private
larry_bml's Avatar
0
Rep
77
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 320d Steptronic 2007
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Romania - Pitesti

iTrader: (0)

But these are just checking the bulbs, I need to cancel the 6V voltage for parking lights. This is the hard work, for me, maybe for others not. I'm still searching.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST