E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Searched...No results

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Searched...No results
Published by Spacelyyy
05-16-2011
Searched...No results

I wanted to paint the tips of my cupholders (the part where u push to open it), and also the drivers door interior handle, and other parts like that, as you may know they have that soft material wrapped on there parts, which chip away over the years, is there and specific paint for this? and is there a DIY for this? would i need to peel off that material than paint it?
2006 e90 330i / 20% Window Tint / Matte Black Grill / CF Rear Window Spoiler / K&N Filter / Red 330i Emblem / CF Emblems / Red RPI Intake Scoops / Orange Footwell Glow / Red Calipers / E90Post.com Decals / MTEC LED License Plate Lights / GP Thunder 7500K Fogs / GP Thunder 7500K Daytimes
Tutorial Tools
By RyanGMW on 05-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
I would suggest stripping the old material off with paint thinner or a similar solvent. Then use Plasti Dip spray paint, they make it in black and sell it online or at home depot/lowes. It should hold up to skin oils and has a very similar appearance to the factory finish that is prone to peeling. Good luck!
By Spacelyyy on 05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGMW View Post
I would suggest stripping the old material off with paint thinner or a similar solvent. Then use Plasti Dip spray paint, they make it in black and sell it online or at home depot/lowes. It should hold up to skin oils and has a very similar appearance to the factory finish that is prone to peeling. Good luck!
Yea i just went on their site and it says it can be used for auto stuff, and an example was on steering wheels, so im guessing it will hold up with skin oil
By xtommy93x on 05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelyyy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGMW View Post
Yea i just went on their site and it says it can be used for auto stuff, and an example was on steering wheels, so im guessing it will hold up with skin oil
It will hold up well i plastidipped my friends grill a year ago and is still perfect
By Spacelyyy on 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtommy93x View Post
It will hold up well i plastidipped my friends grill a year ago and is still perfect
Good to hear, thx.
Comment