E90Post

Bimmertech

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Can I get my deposit back (patient, it's a bit long)

05-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
kalch
Lieutenant

Drives: Gracie:E92 335 19" S/P/FL/CA

Can I get my deposit back (patient, it's a bit long)

I'll do this in point form for ease:

1. Currently in E46 MSport cab
2. Two more lease payments to make
3. Car has 60000KM; 600000 lease
4. Went to BMW today to fix broken fog lights
5. BMW called to tell me that I need brakes on all 4 wheels and some belts, totalling around $1400
6. I ordered E93 335 cab from a dealership for august delivery, gave $1000 deposit on May 1st
7. It doesn't make sense to pay the final two payments because it will almost double my last two payments, so I'm going to return the car to BMW and swallow the last two payments
8. I either will be without a car for two months or have to figure a way out of this current lease with the dealer

I want to go to another dealer and get a car, Can I get my deposit back because the current dealer holding my deposit ain't being so nice.

You guys get my situation?

Apparently, not may 335 cabs in the city of Toronto?
      05-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N

Drives: like old times

maybe you should think a way to get it back when he says no after you demand your deposit back.
fortunately there is lot of demand 335i wanna be ridden out there, I think you can get it back...
e90sexion is offline   Canada
      05-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
kalch
Lieutenant

Drives: Gracie:E92 335 19" S/P/FL/CA

im thinking of stating the following:
1. The car hasn't been ordered yet
2. Circumstances above and beyond what I anticipated came up
3. Im willing to offer say $250 for his time and energy allocated to the project so far
4. I just need a car.... Help a guy out.
      05-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
bb_jai

Drives: bmw

from what i learned, it is illegal for dealership to retain your deposit because essentially you haven't gotten anything in return........that being said, either give him the option to give you your deposit back, speak to the head of the dealership for it or file a lawsuit. the lawsuit way will guarantee you your deposit but takes more time.............
or alternatively, like the other person stated, tell him you'll wait for the car to be sold to a third party to get your deposit back

DO NOT offer anything for his time.....they are paid to do their job based on commission thus they are obligated to be nice to their customers and by giving you a hard time, i'd say that's a pretty crappy salesperson
      05-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
DrewBert
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 f10 M5 AW/Silverstone

not really sure about what you wrote ^^ I know I couldn't get out of purchasing the car as I had signed all the papers and put down a deposit. I confirmed this with my lawyer, the only thing I could do was give up the deposit and then the dealership would be forced to mitigate their losses by selling the car. Any loss taken on the sale of the car would have been my responsibilty, so on top of the 5000 deposit I could lose alot more if they weren't agressive selling the car.

I would give it a shot though, your market is alot stronger than the Saskatchewan market so they might not have a problem with it at all.

*My car was already ordered though, I think they won't have a problem giving your deposit back

Last edited by DrewBert; 05-15-2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: see *
DrewBert is offline   Canada