E90Post
 


jb4store
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Pistonheads?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Hitman999
Captain
United Kingdom
10

 
Hitman999's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Black!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom


Posts: 635
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to Hitman999
Pistonheads?

Hi,

Change of circumstances means I need a bigger car so going to be reluctantly selling the M3

I got an offer from the dealer but think I could get more privately.
I am in no rush to sell but would need to pitch it at a reasonable price.
I guess its a matter of weighing up the hassle factor of selling privately to getting cash from the dealer.

Anyone used the Pistonheads classified section to sell their car?
__________________
F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange.



Hitman999
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
71

 
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Yorkshire


Posts: 4,634
iTrader: (2)

I have, many times - never had a problem yet.

My Porsche didn't sell, but a bloke from a broker rang, put it up for me (via my ad) and sold it so that kind of worked to.

I've sold a Nissa 350Z, 135i, 335d etc etc - several over 20k and either in cash or via bank transfer etc.

Incidentally, I MAY be in the market for an M3 and I like bargains. If the car is right and you are considering selling to the dealer, then I would be happy to look at the offer and the vehicle and see if I could provide you with an equally hassle-free sale, for a little more money - could be win/win for us both.

PM me if preferred.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
71

 
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Yorkshire


Posts: 4,634
iTrader: (2)

PS - based on your extremely useful 'Garage' your car is of interest to me! Only thing it doesn't have that I really wanted is DAB and I can let that go if, as I said, the price and mileage is right

Thanks
Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
E902717
Colonel
England
26

 
E902717's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: uk


Posts: 2,402
iTrader: (0)

Matt you don't need DAB, listen to the V8 instead
__________________
Car: 2011 BMW E91 335D M-Sport
Previous: 2010 BMW E70 X5 3.0D M-Sport - last seen going backwards in a hedge

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Hitman999
Captain
United Kingdom
10

 
Hitman999's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Black!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom


Posts: 635
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to Hitman999
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
PS - based on your extremely useful 'Garage' your car is of interest to me! Only thing it doesn't have that I really wanted is DAB and I can let that go if, as I said, the price and mileage is right

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt,

I remember you from UK 10. My car is very similar to Ed's.
I also have to sell a set of four 270M 18" alloys that I bought last winter with Michelin Alpin PA3 Winter tyres 235/40R18 95V.

Current mileage on the car is 37,000.

I am open to reasonable offers ... PM me?
__________________
F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange.



Hitman999
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
JLR1969
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
37

 
JLR1969's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford GT Lawn Tractor
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somerset


Posts: 3,397
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman999 View Post
Hi Matt,

I remember you from UK 10. My car is very similar to Ed's.
I also have to sell a set of four 270M 18" alloys that I bought last winter with Michelin Alpin PA3 Winter tyres 235/40R18 95V.

Current mileage on the car is 37,000.

I am open to reasonable offers ... PM me?
Matt is hard to forget
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
71

 
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Yorkshire


Posts: 4,634
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
Matt is hard to forget
Ed and I do make a good looking couple.

I remember now mate - its odd putting forum names and real names together eh!

Well, I suppose it goes without saying that I'd like 'a good deal' but also, I'd say you need at least 500 quid over the dealer offer.... Really then, I could do with knowing the dealers offer

Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #8
Hitman999
Captain
United Kingdom
10

 
Hitman999's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Black!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom


Posts: 635
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to Hitman999
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Ed and I do make a good looking couple.

I remember now mate - its odd putting forum names and real names together eh!

Well, I suppose it goes without saying that I'd like 'a good deal' but also, I'd say you need at least 500 quid over the dealer offer.... Really then, I could do with knowing the dealers offer

Matt
Matt ... replied to your PM.
__________________
F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange.



Hitman999
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
doughboy
Major General
United Kingdom
82

 
doughboy's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i Sold.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK


Posts: 6,375
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman999 View Post
Hi,

Anyone used the Pistonheads classified section to sell their car?
I tried to sell my mint 3yr old 06 E90 manual 330i M sport on piston heads, got not a single call.

When I put the same add in autotrader I had 10+ calls on the first day or two and sold it for asking price that weekend to the first caller when he came round.

Make of that what you will.


Re Trade v Private, I sold privately in days for 15k when dealers wouldn't offer over 10K trade in.

Then I rented a corsa for 250 a month until the new car came (the cost of rental was LESS than the monthly depreciation on the E90, so I MADE money this way)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #10
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
71

 
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Yorkshire


Posts: 4,634
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I tried to sell my mint 3yr old 06 E90 manual 330i M sport on piston heads, got not a single call.

When I put the same add in autotrader I had 10+ calls on the first day or two and sold it for asking price that weekend to the first caller when he came round.

Make of that what you will.


Re Trade v Private, I sold privately in days for 15k when dealers wouldn't offer over 10K trade in.

Then I rented a corsa for 250 a month until the new car came (the cost of rental was LESS than the monthly depreciation on the E90, so I MADE money this way)
I can also say that when I have used Trader, I've had MORE replies, no doubt. But it's not free - What's 30 when you're talking 20k + though?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #11
Hitman999
Captain
United Kingdom
10

 
Hitman999's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Black!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom


Posts: 635
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to Hitman999
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I tried to sell my mint 3yr old 06 E90 manual 330i M sport on piston heads, got not a single call.

When I put the same add in autotrader I had 10+ calls on the first day or two and sold it for asking price that weekend to the first caller when he came round.

Make of that what you will.


Re Trade v Private, I sold privately in days for 15k when dealers wouldn't offer over 10K trade in.

Then I rented a corsa for 250 a month until the new car came (the cost of rental was LESS than the monthly depreciation on the E90, so I MADE money this way)
You are usually always quids in selling privately. I have used the local newspaper to sell cars before and they have always sold straight away. Never used Pistonheads before ... hence the question.

Anyway first I have to decide on a replacement ... down to the new 5 series or a X5 at the moment
__________________
F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange.



Hitman999
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
Hitman999
Captain
United Kingdom
10

 
Hitman999's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Black!
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: United Kingdom


Posts: 635
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [4.75]
Send a message via Yahoo to Hitman999
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I can also say that when I have used Trader, I've had MORE replies, no doubt. But it's not free - What's 30 when you're talking 20k + though?

Matt
Yes true ... small price on a 20K+ return
__________________
F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange.



Hitman999
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
Real Thing
Lieutenant
5

 
Real Thing's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + A45 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leicestershire


Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I can also say that when I have used Trader, I've had MORE replies, no doubt. But it's not free - What's 30 when you're talking 20k + though?

Matt
You can get 25% Cashback from Quidco as well

http://www.quidco.com/auto-trader/
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST