E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dental Insurance



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,484
iTrader: (12)

Dental Insurance

Looking for a dental insurance company. We currently have Concordia and they will only cover 50% for crowns and implants. My wife broker her tooth and we need to do something but Im just not used to paying so much for these types of procedures.

....thoughts
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

You're going to have to find a plan that covers pre-existing conditions. Good luck.
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

^^This. It depends on what state you are speaking of... Since our fucked up insurance system will not allow companies to work out of state.
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,484
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
You're going to have to find a plan that covers pre-existing conditions. Good luck.

Well from what Im getting...it seems that my deal isnt so bad. Some ppl have to pay 100% for roots and replacement teeth...

my 50% isnt sounding so bad now..
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
The J-Man
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)

Dental insurance is almost worthless. Just take care of your teeth and pay the expenses as they come up IMO. Unless, of course, your employer pays for everything. As others have said, though, there's usually a 6-12 month waiting period for new policies before they will pay for anything.
The J-Man is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,484
iTrader: (12)

Its my wifes tooth...

I dont pay anything for ...mental-dental-medical.
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Dental insurance is almost worthless. Just take care of your teeth and pay the expenses as they come up IMO. Unless, of course, your employer pays for everything. As others have said, though, there's usually a 6-12 month waiting period for new policies before they will pay for anything.

Not worthless if they even partially cover braces / retainers etc. That shit's thousands of bucks.

Also, you never know. I just recently found out that for years upon years I've been brushing my teeth "wrong" and it just wasn't caught before. I apparently brush way too hard with a brush that has way-too-tough bristles and there are almost irreparable grooves dug into my teeth because of it, and it fucked up my gums and they receded. When the gums grew back, it was only afterwards that we found out that they grew over pieces of tooth where tartar had formed. Insurance covered an extra special cleaning procedure to clean that shit out. Good thing I have dental..

tl, dr, you never know what fucked up stuff will happen, so that's why it's called "insurance"
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 997.2 TTS, IS-F, X5M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicagoland

Posts: 231
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Not worthless if they even partially cover braces / retainers etc. That shit's thousands of bucks.

Also, you never know. I just recently found out that for years upon years I've been brushing my teeth "wrong" and it just wasn't caught before. I apparently brush way too hard with a brush that has way-too-tough bristles and there are almost irreparable grooves dug into my teeth because of it, and it fucked up my gums and they receded. When the gums grew back, it was only afterwards that we found out that they grew over pieces of tooth where tartar had formed. Insurance covered an extra special cleaning procedure to clean that shit out. Good thing I have dental..

tl, dr, you never know what fucked up stuff will happen, so that's why it's called "insurance"
Dude, you have gotten so much WRONG information I don't know where to even start. You're gums won't grow back over calculus. Your calculus crept down into your gingival pockets. You're grooves are not caused by brushing too hard but by abfraction which is biting/clenching/grinding too much. Brushing too hard causes smooth surfaces and recession - imagine sanding. If you were to use sandpaper to sand something down, will it cause sharp edges or smooth edges?

Keep your dental insurance if you get it from an employer. If you have to pay for it, don't get any insurance.
ToothDoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Let me chime in with an almost exact same situation.

With the situation you're in at this very minute. Concordia is the best. I spent days, weeks doing research.
Concordia is one of the few that will give you immediate coverage for those types of 'surgeries'. And they're the on that will pay the most proportionally.
You can't do any better than where you're at currently.
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,484
iTrader: (12)

Thanks Freak. Some clarification and sounds like you have some research done..
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
1speedbike
Colonel
 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post
Dude, you have gotten so much WRONG information I don't know where to even start. You're gums won't grow back over calculus. Your calculus crept down into your gingival pockets. You're grooves are not caused by brushing too hard but by abfraction which is biting/clenching/grinding too much. Brushing too hard causes smooth surfaces and recession - imagine sanding. If you were to use sandpaper to sand something down, will it cause sharp edges or smooth edges?

Keep your dental insurance if you get it from an employer. If you have to pay for it, don't get any insurance.
Not to doubt you or anything, I'm just trying to figure things out.. all of this is incorrect information?

http://www.midweek.com/content/colum...the_wrong_way/

http://drellisonline.blogspot.com/20...g-so-hard.html

http://www.saveyoursmile.com/alert/abradedteeth.html


However, you are right about the calculus and stuff. I messed up my own explanation. It ventured down under the gum line, causing inflammation, leading to even more vigorous brushing by me, leading to more damage. Thanks for the correction. If you have any ideas as to the above, then let me know, too. Not trying to start anything negative, I'm just honestly concerned when I hear two different things for different sources. These are my teeth after all!! (Though my "grooves" were not NEARLY that bad)


But anyway my point was that anything can happen. Keep your pearly whites insured
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
1speedbike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #12
FDM68
Captain
 
FDM68's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' 135i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Georgia (hearts still in Germany)

Posts: 762
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
Thanks Freak. Some clarification and sounds like you have some research done..
I pretty much concur as I've looked for other things and as far as dependents go UC does pretty well. This is especially true overseas.
FDM68 is offline   Wake Island
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
donovan
Brigadier General
 
donovan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

Posts: 3,484
iTrader: (12)

Well over seas I wouldnt pay a damn dime...

come back to america and I have all these out rageous got damn fees and taxes all over the place....this nation needs a change and I dont mean obama
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST