E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > got pulled over last night :(



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #23
scottp999
Brigadier General
 
scottp999's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - E92 - 6MT & 4runner SR5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MD

Posts: 4,626
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [4.50]
You gave your 335 or 530 over to a drunk that had 2 prior DUI's? Wow. I am glad you learned from your mistake. Next time if you want to stay and someone wants to go, get them a cab, or tell them it's not their choice.
__________________
Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (Devil's Own 12 GPH Nozzle/Aquamist Flow Sensor/Labonte VC25), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.
scottp999 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
JSTDR1V
Saving Lives Since 2000
 
JSTDR1V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335xi & 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northeast

Posts: 2,176
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Wow I love the shit that I get for telling him to do the right thing.

No one should feel sorry for the OP, no one should sympathize with him/her.

THEY GOT OFF EASY.

An impounded car is much better then death, prison, or killing someone else.

Maybe if the rest of the world was intolerant of assholes drinking and driving maybe it would stop.

But since you guys are not, I guess I'm not preaching to anyone here - I guess the choir is a bunch of asshole drunk drivers too.





The bottom line is the car was impounded because both people were drunk. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know that, but if you want their opinion I will gladly ask my colleagues. In my book this entire driving, getting pulled over situation falls under the "Tough Shit" category of life - that it's too bad, but you should have probably done the right thing in the first place which includes:

1. Calling a Cab
2. Calling a sober friend
3. Using public transportation
4. And in some states - Calling the police - yes, police will give you a free ride home in some states and counties if you don't drive home drunk.

Don't hold the OPs hand in this situation, you should be irritated by it because he/she put your lives at danger.
JSTDR1V is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #25
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
Wow I love the shit that I get for telling him to do the right thing.

No one should feel sorry for the OP, no one should sympathize with him/her.

THEY GOT OFF EASY.

An impounded car is much better then death, prison, or killing someone else.

Maybe if the rest of the world was intolerant of assholes drinking and driving maybe it would stop.

But since you guys are not, I guess I'm not preaching to anyone here - I guess the choir is a bunch of asshole drunk drivers too.





The bottom line is the car was impounded because both people were drunk. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know that, but if you want their opinion I will gladly ask my colleagues. In my book this entire driving, getting pulled over situation falls under the "Tough Shit" category of life - that it's too bad, but you should have probably done the right thing in the first place which includes:

1. Calling a Cab
2. Calling a sober friend
3. Using public transportation
4. And in some states - Calling the police - yes, police will give you a free ride home in some states and counties if you don't drive home drunk.

Don't hold the OPs hand in this situation, you should be irritated by it because he/she put your lives at danger.
i agree with everything you say execpt for the part about the car getting impounded b/c 2 ppl were drunk? are you trying to say it was impouneded b/c there was noone to drive it? if that's the case you are wrong b/c i was a block away from home and i called my uncle. he came right away and the car still got towed the officer said it was b/c the driver had previous DUIs. I wish i could some how meet up with the officer and apologize to him. I know i was rude/stupid/drunk.... oh well life goes on, but no more drinking and driving/riding/flying
__________________
.
jrios_jr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2007, 06:48 AM   #26
JSTDR1V
Saving Lives Since 2000
 
JSTDR1V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335xi & 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northeast

Posts: 2,176
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Yeah, well you're right, that is bullshit; Sorry if I didn't read that right.

Shouldn't have your car impounded for your friend's priors

I'm sorry that I'm harsh on you, it's unfair to be so to a stranger on an online forum - but it is my duty to do so. I have seen too many injuries and deaths for stupidity.
JSTDR1V is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #27
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,868
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
makes much sense to me PAM, thks for your comments
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #28
Swoop
Resident Noob
 
Swoop's Avatar
 
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California

Posts: 1,911
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Everything you said is probably fine, but I'm sure the OP doesn't need the lecture. If you're old enough to be on this forum and have a license, then you should be mature enough to know right from wrong. And you know what? Sometimes people make mistakes and sometimes mistakes can get people killed. Thankfully, this isn't one of those times. All in all, lessons were probably learned without the e-lecture.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
Wow I love the shit that I get for telling him to do the right thing.

No one should feel sorry for the OP, no one should sympathize with him/her.

THEY GOT OFF EASY.

An impounded car is much better then death, prison, or killing someone else.

Maybe if the rest of the world was intolerant of assholes drinking and driving maybe it would stop.

But since you guys are not, I guess I'm not preaching to anyone here - I guess the choir is a bunch of asshole drunk drivers too.





The bottom line is the car was impounded because both people were drunk. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know that, but if you want their opinion I will gladly ask my colleagues. In my book this entire driving, getting pulled over situation falls under the "Tough Shit" category of life - that it's too bad, but you should have probably done the right thing in the first place which includes:

1. Calling a Cab
2. Calling a sober friend
3. Using public transportation
4. And in some states - Calling the police - yes, police will give you a free ride home in some states and counties if you don't drive home drunk.

Don't hold the OPs hand in this situation, you should be irritated by it because he/she put your lives at danger.
__________________

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Swoop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #29
JSTDR1V
Saving Lives Since 2000
 
JSTDR1V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 335xi & 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northeast

Posts: 2,176
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Everything you said is probably fine, but I'm sure the OP doesn't need the lecture. If you're old enough to be on this forum and have a license, then you should be mature enough to know right from wrong. And you know what? Sometimes people make mistakes and sometimes mistakes can get people killed. Thankfully, this isn't one of those times. All in all, lessons were probably learned without the e-lecture.

No, everyone needs the lecture. People on average drive drunk 50-82 times before getting stopped once.


Certainly it was a cumulative mistake on the OP's part - impaired judgment led to letting someone 'less drunk' drive, but unfortunately he didn't know about the prior's of the friend.

Regardless, the most responsible thing to do, since we can all afford BMWs is to go to the Sharper Image and throw a Breath Alcohol ($99-$150) device in your glove box.

This won't only save lives, but keep people from the tickets and impounds that they are REALLY worried about.
JSTDR1V is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #30
Swoop
Resident Noob
 
Swoop's Avatar
 
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California

Posts: 1,911
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
now there's some constructive advice----the breathalyzer
__________________

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Swoop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #31
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
now there's some constructive advice----the breathalyzer
that's a great idea... where would i get someting like that? They finally let him go.. he has to go back to court july something, he's still looking for a good lawyer. even tho this is a his 3rd DUI he seems like a nice person.. i dont know.. i hope things work out for the guy....
__________________
.
jrios_jr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #32
MDman
Private First Class
 
MDman's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios_jr View Post
that's a great idea... where would i get someting like that? They finally let him go.. he has to go back to court july something, he's still looking for a good lawyer. even tho this is a his 3rd DUI he seems like a nice person.. i dont know.. i hope things work out for the guy....
With 3 DUI, and the ordeal that you went through, you still worry for this guy that you know little about!!!?? Another thing, aren't you Peruvian? One country away from mine! The cop might have been racial profiling... I don't see why he would lock your car....
MDman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #33
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDman View Post
With 3 DUI, and the ordeal that you went through, you still worry for this guy that you know little about!!!?? Another thing, aren't you Peruvian? One country away from mine! The cop might have been racial profiling... I don't see why he would lock your car....
even tho he has gotten 3 DUIs he seems like a nice guy... even tho i was drunk it is my fault for letting him drive so i kinda feel guilty.... i hope things turn out okay for him. and the cop racial profiling hhmm... i dont think so.. he was actually very nice in the other hand i was being a dick to him!!! that's why i kind of want to say sorry to him... i dont know... and it is the law to impound the car and lock it for 30 days... trust me i have been reading alot about it. YES im Peruvian...
__________________
.
jrios_jr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #34
FrankoQ
Deny everything
 
FrankoQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

Posts: 11,297
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrios_jr View Post
even tho he has gotten 3 DUIs he seems like a nice guy... even tho i was drunk it is my fault for letting him drive so i kinda feel guilty.... i hope things turn out okay for him. and the cop racial profiling hhmm... i dont think so.. he was actually very nice in the other hand i was being a dick to him!!! that's why i kind of want to say sorry to him... i dont know... and it is the law to impound the car and lock it for 30 days... trust me i have been reading alot about it. YES im Peruvian...
Hey, my bro in law is Peruvian.

were you at the last meeting we had at Passport?
__________________

I need a drink

FrankoQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #35
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
 
Drives: 3333555
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Viena, VA

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

no, but i went to the UMD event not as many bimmers as i expected
__________________
.
jrios_jr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST