||BMW Garage||BMW Meets||Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read||
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum
BMC CCA Members - Events
|05-16-2007, 02:25 PM||#1|
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Encinitas, CA
BMC CCA Members - Events
I want to attend this driving school and dont want it to be cancelled, so a bunch of you need to sign up!
The Los Angeles Chapter has a Clean Car Contest scheduled for May 20 (this Sunday) and a Driving School scheduled for June 2-3. Clean Car Contests and Driving Schools are two of the events most often requested by our membership. However, in spite of the fact the membership requests them, both of these events are woefully under registered..
This Driving School is open to anyone 18 or over. Students don't have to belong to the CCA nor do they have to drive a BMW. In addition to classroom and track sessions, arrangements have been made to have a number of automotive-related vendors and magazines present to visit with. Driving Schools are designed to make a better driver out of everybody. Driving Schools teach you who be be a better driver than the idiots you have around you on the freeway. Speed is not the main emphasis, safety is.
The Driving School enrollment must reach the break-even point by Friday, May 18, or it will be canceled. The chapter will lose some deposits. If the event is canceled, we probably will not schedule another Willow Springs school next year and will only offer one school in 2008. We have to have your application by Friday.
The Clean Car Contest will go forward, even if we don't have enough entries to make it exciting. The number of entries we currently have would indicate that Clean Car Contests aren't an event we should plan again in the future.
If you intend to sign up for one or both of these events, please do it now. Applications and more info can be found at: http://www.bmwclubla.org/club.php. Willow Springs applications can be faxed, snail mailed or emailed. We will not cash checks or process credit cards until we are sure we have enough students.
Clean Car Contest applications need to be snail mailed so you can include a check. If you are worried that a mailed application won't be delivered in time, send an email reserving your spot. Tell us about the car(s) you want to (year, model and class - (display only, street, clean, superclean)). Since we are sharing the venue with the Porsche Club and the MINI club, there will still be plenty of cars for spectators to look at, but it would sure be nice to have a full and shiny complement of BMW's there as well.
Support our Chapter Sponsors:
McKenna BMW, Avus Autosport, Bimmers Clinic Inc, Bavarian Workshop
Have an idea for an event? You don't have to do it alone. We can give you the help to make it happen, just ask.
• May 20 Clean Car Contest - Long Beach
• June 2-3 Driving School - Willow Springs
• August Chili Cook Off and Shine and Show
• September 22 Cruisin' for a Cure - BMW Corral at Orange County Fairgrounds
• October 6 One Day Driving School - California Speedway
• October 7 One Day Driving School - California Speedway
• October 6 Car Control Clinic - California Speedway
• October 6-7 Two Day "Beyond A" Vehicle Handling School - California Speedway
• Late Fall VDC Tour - Oxnard
• TBA - Fall Second Tour, Designworks, USA
General Meeting Locations (Have an idea for a meeting place or a speaker? Contact Ed Lovelace email@example.com)
(Meetings start about 7:30 unless otherwise indicated.)
• Jan 10: Phoenix Club, Anaheim
• Feb 7: BJ's Restaurant and Brewery, Brea
• Mar 7: B&M Racing, Chatsworth
• April 11: Avus Autosport, Glendale
• May 9: K1 Speed, Irvine
• June 13: European Motor Works, Arcadia
• July 11: Bavarian Workshop, Canoga Park
• Aug 8: Bimmer's Clinic, Reseda
• Sept 12: South Bay BMW CPO, Hermosa Beach
• Oct 10: Old World Village, Huntington Beach
• Nov 14: TBA - annual chapter elections
• Dec. no meeting
Other Chapters' Driving Schools (check their websites for details)
• February 17 - Pacific Raceway - Puget Sound Chapter
• March 3,4 - Infineon Raceway - Golden Gate Chapter
• March 17,18 - Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Sin City Chapter
• March 23,24,25 - Phoenix International Raceway - Roadrunner Chapter
• March 24,25 - Spokane Raceway - Inland Empire Chapter
• April 6 (Friday) - Buttonwillow - Central California Chapter
• April 20 - Pacific Raceway - Puget Sound Chapter
• May 12,13 - Buttonwillow - San Diego Chapter
• July 27 - Pacific Raceway - Puget Sound Chapter
• September 7 (Friday) - Buttonwillow - Central California Chapter
• September 8 - Pacific Raceway - Puget Sound Chapter
• October 6,7- Spokane Raceway - Inland Empire Chapter
• October 26,27,28 - Phoenix International Raceway - Roadrunner Chapter
This email list is used only to update chapter members about chapter events and meetings. This list will not be shared, sold or used for advertising. If you have additional questions about an event, go to the chapter website (http://www.bmwclubla.org/index.php ) and send your question to the contact person for that event. The contact person can be found on the calendar page of the website.
2007 335i Coupe
|05-18-2007, 11:33 PM||#3|
The limit of adhesion is my home.
dammit......found out wayyyyy tooo late. Crummy.
2012 M3 E92 Jet Black
Black Leather/DCT | ZCP |
(Buy date 11/27/11) 2012 M3 E92 Jet Black
Red Extended Leather/6MT | Comp Package - RETIRED
(Impulse Buy Date - 11/22/06) 335i E92/Space Grey/ Red Leather/6MT - RETIRED
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|