E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Updated Mr. 5 Intake



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #67
Ilma
Colonel
29
Rep
2,570
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshboody View Post
I need to get started on my Mr. 5 intake soon, so I've been searching for components.

For the air box mount what do you think about these:
http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-81413-...8210906&sr=1-8
Has a plug for a flow sensor... maybe a IAT before turbos would be cool

Any thoughts here??

Thanks guys
Your engine needs to know the IAT post turbo....not pre turbo.....

It will impact your A/F ratios
__________________
Sticky is an idiot
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #68
mase
Banned
mase's Avatar
10
Rep
446
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshboody View Post
I need to get started on my Mr. 5 intake soon, so I've been searching for components.

For the air box mount what do you think about these:
http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-81413-...8210906&sr=1-8
Has a plug for a flow sensor... maybe a IAT before turbos would be cool

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/10592-...se-flange.html
probably too short

http://www.harrisonplastic.com/pvcdi...ns.html#flange
PVC options

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/air...flange-731.php
only 2.5" ID and the height is a little small. But 2.5" may work better for routing and still give good results.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...uctflanges.php
VERY good option it seems

The other rout would be a custom flange from a machine shop, but that will be costly.

I would think with the right part, you could secure the hose adapter with the fit between flange, hose, and clamp... no sealant necessary. 2 3" o-rings could be used around the air box with the clamped hose holding the assembly. Any thoughts here??

Thanks guys
The easiest one is the Spectre 8148 mounting plate, sold at any pepboys or autozone for 6-7 bucks.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #69
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
25
Rep
1,708
Posts

 
Drives: pickemuptruck
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
Your engine needs to know the IAT post turbo....not pre turbo.....

It will impact your A/F ratios
It would only be for reference... this would be more accurate then ambient temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mase View Post
The easiest one is the Spectre 8148 mounting plate, sold at any pepboys or autozone for 6-7 bucks.
cool, thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #70
bahn stormer
Taking the dog out for some exercise.
bahn stormer's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
527
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA/Mexico

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mase View Post
The easiest one is the Spectre 8148 mounting plate, sold at any pepboys or autozone for 6-7 bucks.
Thats the one I used. See post #17:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535820
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #71
slow4.7
Private
2
Rep
75
Posts

 
Drives: blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: texas

iTrader: (0)

can you run this type of style intake with a synapse BOV kit?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #72
kiwi29
Team iTouge
kiwi29's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,074
Posts

 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (9)

I'm very tempted to do this with a diy euro box conversion I wonder how it'd be, thanks for this write up btw where'd you buy the flex pipes at?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #73
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
Syndicategt's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
3,732
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
I'm very tempted to do this with a diy euro box conversion I wonder how it'd be, thanks for this write up btw where'd you buy the flex pipes at?
I wrote up a full DIY if you are interested in doing this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549965
__________________
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #74
kiwi29
Team iTouge
kiwi29's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,074
Posts

 
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
I wrote up a full DIY if you are interested in doing this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549965
thanks for the write up
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to use a very simple analogy, I hope you'll understand.
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST