E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Fender rolling in the Atlanta Area



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #23
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlxkevinx View Post
I need to get mine rolled. I rub when I hit a big dip. I'll give Bulter sometime soon.
What are your wheel/tire specs?
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #24
RON1X
Colonel
 
RON1X's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 C2, '13 Audi Allroad
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 2,482
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Did you get the new wheels put on Ron1x? Any rubbing?
Got them put on Wednesday and no rubbing! The rear wheels are +38 offset and there isn't too much room (about the width of my pinky) between the tire and rear fender so I am really happy I had the rears rolled. Don't know if I could have gotten away without rolling but I am glad I didn't have to find out the hard way...
RON1X is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #25
atlxkevinx
Never 2econd
 
atlxkevinx's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 843
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
What are your wheel/tire specs?
19x8.5 +40, and 19x10 +25

I need spacers in the front. I was thinking about going +10 or +12, hope that doesn't rub!
__________________

2007 E92 335i Coupe | Space Gray | Coral Red | Sport | Cold Weather | Navi | iDrive | Logic7
atlxkevinx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #26
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlxkevinx View Post
19x8.5 +40, and 19x10 +25

I need spacers in the front. I was thinking about going +10 or +12, hope that doesn't rub!
I think +10 will be the limit, especially if you have 245s on the front. You probably don't want to crack those plastic E92 fenders!

Is there a lot of rubbing in the rear? What tire size? I picked up a set of M3 359M ZCP wheels that are 19x10 +25 in the rear. I'm hoping 275/30/19 RE-11s will fit. Might have to raise the rear a little bit. Do you think they'll fit with a fender roll?
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #27
atlxkevinx
Never 2econd
 
atlxkevinx's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 843
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
I think +10 will be the limit, especially if you have 245s on the front. You probably don't want to crack those plastic E92 fenders!

Is there a lot of rubbing in the rear? What tire size? I picked up a set of M3 359M ZCP wheels that are 19x10 +25 in the rear. I'm hoping 275/30/19 RE-11s will fit. Might have to raise the rear a little bit. Do you think they'll fit with a fender roll?
I'm running 235 in the front and 265 in the rear.

I don't rub in the rear unless I have a full car and hit a bump. If it's just me and my girl cruising, it doesn't rub. That's probably why I still haven't gotten my fenders rolled yet.
__________________

2007 E92 335i Coupe | Space Gray | Coral Red | Sport | Cold Weather | Navi | iDrive | Logic7
atlxkevinx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #28
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
I rolled mine myself today. I think I did a good job if I may say so myself. Using a heat gun and IR thermometer made the job very simple. It was pre-emptive, in anticipation of the 359Ms.

If anyone trusts me, I can roll your fenders. If not, you're welcome to borrow the roller and try it out yourself.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #29
deltasam
Keep Tunning
 
deltasam's Avatar
 
Drives: E92TT/S2K/MDX
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ATL-ORD-YYZ-NRT-HKG

Posts: 327
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to deltasam
good job .. Nivedh..... glad to hear you get it done well... will check it out soon... ^_^
deltasam is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #30
Sojourn76
Enlisted Member
 
Sojourn76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 44
iTrader: (1)

Over from the 1er side

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
I rolled mine myself today. I think I did a good job if I may say so myself. Using a heat gun and IR thermometer made the job very simple. It was pre-emptive, in anticipation of the 359Ms.

If anyone trusts me, I can roll your fenders. If not, you're welcome to borrow the roller and try it out yourself.
How much did you roll?
Had mine done at butler in marrieta and it doesn't look like much was done. Cured most of the rubbing, but I still get a little. Guess I was hoping to ..."flatten" the inner a bit more.
Do you gave pics of yours after?

Thanks
Sojourn76 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #31
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn76 View Post
How much did you roll?
Had mine done at butler in marrieta and it doesn't look like much was done. Cured most of the rubbing, but I still get a little. Guess I was hoping to ..."flatten" the inner a bit more.
Do you gave pics of yours after?

Thanks
I'll take some photos this weekend. It's very difficult to get the inner to roll flat against the outer because of the thickness of the metal. If you are too aggressive, the fender will actually flare out before the inner lip becomes flush against the fender.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #32
Sojourn76
Enlisted Member
 
Sojourn76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 44
iTrader: (1)

I was thinking something like that. Pics would be great. Thanks
Sojourn76 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #33
Wareagle335
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe - Space Gray
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 343
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
NiVeDh, you got the 359 wheels? those are my all time favorite. i saw the guy in NC selling some for a good deal but wondered about fitting w/out a rolll... plus cash is tight right now. I'd love to see picks of the fender, especially with new wheels.. good job.
Wareagle335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #34
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn76 View Post
I was thinking something like that. Pics would be great. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareagle335 View Post
NiVeDh, you got the 359 wheels? those are my all time favorite. i saw the guy in NC selling some for a good deal but wondered about fitting w/out a rolll... plus cash is tight right now. I'd love to see picks of the fender, especially with new wheels.. good job.
I just posted some pics here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527634

Let me know if you need any more.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #35
Sojourn76
Enlisted Member
 
Sojourn76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 44
iTrader: (1)

Good looking ride.
From what i can see, fenders look good. Did you take before and after pics of the inner fender?
I need to get with you to work my rear fenders a bit.
Anyway, thanks
Sojourn76 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #36
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn76 View Post
Good looking ride.
From what i can see, fenders look good. Did you take before and after pics of the inner fender?
I need to get with you to work my rear fenders a bit.
Anyway, thanks
I have these two before pics:





Send me a PM and we'll schedule a time to meet up.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #37
Sojourn76
Enlisted Member
 
Sojourn76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 44
iTrader: (1)

Nivedh, thanks for the help so far so good, no rubbing on the way back to the house. the trip to work Monday will be the real test. Anyway, ill get with you on the coding ASAP.
Sojourn76 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #38
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn76 View Post
Nivedh, thanks for the help so far so good, no rubbing on the way back to the house. the trip to work Monday will be the real test. Anyway, ill get with you on the coding ASAP.
Glad to hear! Keep me updated.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #39
kinglenario
New Member
 
Drives: porsche
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
I rolled mine myself today. I think I did a good job if I may say so myself. Using a heat gun and IR thermometer made the job very simple. It was pre-emptive, in anticipation of the 359Ms.

If anyone trusts me, I can roll your fenders. If not, you're welcome to borrow the roller and try it out yourself.
hey man, do you still have that fender roller? i need to roll mine as soon as possible.

thanks!
kinglenario is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #40
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglenario View Post
hey man, do you still have that fender roller? i need to roll mine as soon as possible.

thanks!
Sure do. I'm free this Saturday (Feb. 4) or the next weekend.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #41
kinglenario
New Member
 
Drives: porsche
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Cool. It's for a Porsche so the bolt patern is really big. 5x130. Is it the Eastwood roller you have? I think those have to have a special Porsche adapter plat or something...
kinglenario is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #42
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglenario View Post
Cool. It's for a Porsche so the bolt patern is really big. 5x130. Is it the Eastwood roller you have? I think those have to have a special Porsche adapter plat or something...
It's the Eastwood but I don't have the adapter plate.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #43
kinglenario
New Member
 
Drives: porsche
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

this is a bummer. looks like a baseball bat and a hammer
kinglenario is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #44
kinglenario
New Member
 
Drives: porsche
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

actually, i could buy the porsche adapter if it's for sale somewhere then just donate to you for letting me use the roller. i'm not sure if it's something i can buy somewhere?
kinglenario is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST