E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Fluids Flush



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #23
620BMW325i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 215
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post

for brake fluid make sure u go w a high temp brake fluid like ATE Super Racing or Motul..
How many qts?
620BMW325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #24
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

It sold by liters. It takes 1 liter plus a lil more..as ur doing a brake flush use some cheaper fluid first then add the high temp fluid u buy. Make sure to only use DOT 4 brakefluid..ATE Super Blue or Motul RBF 600..are good choices..motul is superior.
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #25
335i Pal
Second Lieutenant
 
335i Pal's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 284
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620BMW325i View Post
How many qts?
Yup I finally ended up flushing mine and used just over a liter, as for the plugs I bought those on the internet.


And on a side not I finally ended up trying to flush my coolant, but you have to take out the intercooler to get to the drain. So I took it into the dealer and they did it for $151 out the door.

Now I am still twisted on whether or not to try and flush the transmission fluid. And still need to install the plugs.
__________________
335i E90 | BMS DCI | Black Matte Grill | JB4 | Logic 7 | Sport | Premium | Cold |
335i Pal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #26
620BMW325i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 215
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
It sold by liters. It takes 1 liter plus a lil more..as ur doing a brake flush use some cheaper fluid first then add the high temp fluid u buy. Make sure to only use DOT 4 brakefluid..ATE Super Blue or Motul RBF 600..are good choices..motul is superior.
Sorry for the ? 's but isn't it better to stick with OEM stuff like from bavauto bmw brake fluids and bmw oil from those OEM websites?
620BMW325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #27
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620BMW325i View Post
Sorry for the ? 's but isn't it better to stick with OEM stuff like from bavauto bmw brake fluids and bmw oil from those OEM websites?
No..ATE and Motul fluid has much higher wet and dry boiling points then OEM fluid..as long as u use DOT 4 u r fine.

higher dry boiling means u can run the brakes harder and the fluid wont boil..

higher wet boiling point fluid absorbs water at a slower rate so you can go 3-4yrs w/o a flush if u driving on the streets..racing is diff story
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #28
620BMW325i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 215
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
No..ATE and Motul fluid has much higher wet and dry boiling points then OEM fluid..as long as u use DOT 4 u r fine.

higher dry boiling means u can run the brakes harder and the fluid wont boil..

higher wet boiling point fluid absorbs water at a slower rate so you can go 3-4yrs w/o a flush if u driving on the streets..racing is diff story
Some expensive brake fluid.. I'd have to get 2 because they only come in 500ml bottles so I found the cheapest on eBay for $36 including shipping... How come the ATE is only $14 for a 1L bottle??? What makes Motul worth the extra cost?
620BMW325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #29
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 1,752
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-MASTER-TECH-NY View Post
Believe it or not Most of the fluids in your car are lifetime fluids and the spark plugs are good up to 100k you are changing everything prematurely. I don't understand why everyone insist in changing these fluids and plugs you are wasting your money! Especially when each oe plug is about 24$ dollars each
A number of people have posted oil and transmission fluid analysis resutls of fluids near their "lifetime" replacement intervals. Transmission fluid particularly is pretty nasty well before the 100K interval. Why NOT change it at reaonable intervals, before anything has a chance to build up in the transmission housing?

I'm changing mine every 50K, because we keep our cars a long time. We did that with our E36 M3 and the trans was still shifting fine when we traded it in with 148K miles on it -- long past many other E36 auto boxes that failed between 80-100K, because of the so-called lifetime fill...

BMW doesn't care, as long as it lasts the warranty period. Of course, it's just a coincidence that service intervals started going up at the same time as BMW introduced "free" maintenance for the warranty period, isn't it???
chromisdesigns is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #30
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620BMW325i View Post
Some expensive brake fluid.. I'd have to get 2 because they only come in 500ml bottles so I found the cheapest on eBay for $36 including shipping... How come the ATE is only $14 for a 1L bottle??? What makes Motul worth the extra cost?
Motul is great stuff but $..it has even higer bp than ATE..go w ATE its better than OEM for the street and little track.. im using it
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #31
620BMW325i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 215
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Motul is great stuff but $..it has even higer bp than ATE..go w ATE its better than OEM for the street and little track.. im using it
Oh okay I'm a daily driver I don't do track or street racingg so I guess ATE is what ill go for over OEM thanks for your input!!!
620BMW325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #32
tibra1
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,777
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620BMW325i View Post
Oh okay I'm a daily driver I don't do track or street racingg so I guess ATE is what ill go for over OEM thanks for your input!!!
Make sure u use either ATE Super Blue Racing or ATE Type 200 Racing..they are the same exact fluid except one is blue and one is amber colored..make sure to use the one that says racing.
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #33
620BMW325i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 215
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Make sure u use either ATE Super Blue Racing or ATE Type 200 Racing..they are the same exact fluid except one is blue and one is amber colored..make sure to use the one that says racing.
So I found a 1 lt of the ATE Blue racing in tirerack.com for $12 a liter but it has this warning... "NOTE TO FLORIDA RESIDENTS ONLY: ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, due to its blue color, cannot be registered in and is not DOT-approved for street cars in Florida"

I live in florida... What the hell does that mean?
620BMW325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST