E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What causes ignition coils to go bad?

05-13-2024, 08:30 PM   #23
Goat7
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i

bimmertt any update regarding the low fuel pressure issue? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 09:23 PM   #24
e90_austin
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertt View Post
I have been driving around with the low pressure fuel sensor fault for the past 1000-2000 miles. My car randomly started misfiring the other day when I would try to go WOT. I swapped ignition coils and the misfire followed the coil so it seems like the coil has gone bad. Could the faulty low pressure fuel sensor be the cause of this? If not, how else could the coil go bad? I'm only wondering because my car has relatively low mileage. I also haven't heard of many ignition coil failures on this board.
Faulty sensor wouldn’t cause ignition coils to fail. But that’s definitely something you’d want fixed before it creates bigger problems. Are your ignition coils original? Those can fail just due to age/ quality depending on brand, too. They’ll especially fail if you have a VCG leak. Any oil filling the spark plug wells?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 11:45 PM   #25
BimmerRick17
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi

Big question..,

2010 bmw 335xi

Drove with bad ignition coil for about 5-10 miles. Parked car for 15 mins, went back to start car. Engine and dash went crazy including heavy surge followed by the car dying all in a split sec.

Now… car cranks but no start.., if you try repeatedly to start vehicle starts but has heavy surge with limp mode.

2AA2- DME: Camshaft sensor, inlet, gap loss

2AA3 - DME: Camshaft sensor, outlet, gap loss
2A9F-DME: CAMSHAFT SENSOR, EXHAUST, SYNCHRONIZATION
3100-DME: BOOST-PRESSURE CONTROL, DEACTIVATION
2A9E-DME: CAMSHAFT SENSOR, INLET, SYNCHRONIZATION
2CEC-DME: THROTTLE-VALVE, ACTUATOR, JAMMED
2DEB:

Any help would be great
Appreciate 0