E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 Factory Alarm & The Dealer says........

04-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #23
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

So here was the fix.......................after them telling me that I got the wrong sieren and me sending it back to the dealer I bought it from and them sending me a new one. The dealer I had code the alarm still could not get it to work. They called BMW in Germany and they sent the dealer a software update for the computer they were using on my car and they were able to get the alarm coded.

So the dealer did not have the proper software to get my alarm coded and they wasted a lot of my. Time and could of had it done in one day if the had the proper stuff to begin with !
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
tullnd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i A/T

So I'm thinking about adding a factory alarm to my 09 335i. I have comfort access and the dealership i called indicated I'm "pre-wired". However, he quoted me about $280 for the main alarm module and another device about $280 range for a siren as well.

Is it likely that I need two devices? Everything I see indicates if people are "pre wired", you only really need to get the brain module I thought, then have it coded. I'm guessing the physical install I could probably do myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #25
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullnd View Post
So I'm thinking about adding a factory alarm to my 09 335i. I have comfort access and the dealership i called indicated I'm "pre-wired". However, he quoted me about $280 for the main alarm module and another device about $280 range for a siren as well.

Is it likely that I need two devices? Everything I see indicates if people are "pre wired", you only really need to get the brain module I thought, then have it coded. I'm guessing the physical install I could probably do myself.
The alarm kit comes with everything you need and then you get it coded to the car. Siren is included in the kit.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #26
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
So here was the fix.......................after them telling me that I got the wrong sieren and me sending it back to the dealer I bought it from and them sending me a new one. The dealer I had code the alarm still could not get it to work. They called BMW in Germany and they sent the dealer a software update for the computer they were using on my car and they were able to get the alarm coded.

So the dealer did not have the proper software to get my alarm coded and they wasted a lot of my. Time and could of had it done in one day if the had the proper stuff to begin with !
Thanks. My car is back at the dealer after dropping it off yesterday. I unhooked the modules and asked them to update the software on my car before reconnecting the modules and coding for the alarm. Last night they said it still wouldn't recognize the modules. I will mention getting an update for their system from BMW. I hope we get it figured out today or I'm out two hours of service, two days without the car, and still no alarm. I've got my fingers crossed that it works out.

Last edited by neoduffer; 06-28-2012 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: change of plans - tell the dealer to check with the home office.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #27
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoduffer View Post
Thanks. My car is back at the dealer after dropping it off yesterday. I unhooked the modules and asked them to update the software on my car before reconnecting the modules and coding for the alarm. Last night they said it still wouldn't recognize the modules. I'm not sure how to broach the issue about getting an update for their system from BMW. I hope they figure it out today or I'm out two hours of service, two days without the car, and still no alarm. I've got my fingers crossed that they figure it out.
The only think that worked was them getting that update from BMW for their computer. I would just bring it up to them and let them know that was the fix.

I did pay waaaaaay less for the coding after all the BS I went through all due to their softwear not being up to date.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
The only think that worked was them getting that update from BMW for their computer. I would just bring it up to them and let them know that was the fix.

I did pay waaaaaay less for the coding after all the BS I went through all due to their softwear not being up to date.
Thanks for checking back in on this thread. I just left a message with my SA. Hopefully they contact BMW to get the update and my car gets coded.
      06-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for checking back in on this thread. I just left a message with my SA. Hopefully they contact BMW to get the update and my car gets coded.
No problem............let me know how it goes and if the fix for you is the same it was for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #30
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
No problem............let me know how it goes and if the fix for you is the same it was for me.
Hi Obert,

My SA was too busy and didn't get my message. Still not activated. Can you provide me your dealer name/location so my SA can research it? He's willing to help and needs some ammo to get this done. Thanks.
      06-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #31
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi Obert,

My SA was too busy and didn't get my message. Still not activated. Can you provide me your dealer name/location so my SA can research it? He's willing to help and needs some ammo to get this done. Thanks.
Dealer name is Seattle BMW and of course its in Seattle
Appreciate 0